September 20, 2018, 04:23:18 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 16113 times)

January 14, 2018, 03:37:28 PM
Reply #645

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
That's more because we were rubbish and stopped playing at 2-0.

The line up, plus you could see we left the wider players a bit higher up and Rooney was at 10 rather than in midfield wasn't a sit in approach.

Problem was that wasn't the right thing to do...

Nah, he looks to defend further up but not to attack.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 14, 2018, 03:41:02 PM
Reply #646

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, he looks to defend further up but not to attack.

Wasn’t a pressing thing you could see Sigurdsson right up in the middle when the ball was on the right etc.

Obviously wasn’t some mad all out attack thing but definitely wasn’t a just get everyone behind the ball one.

January 14, 2018, 03:50:10 PM
Reply #647

eyesalwaysblue

Lot's of stuff for Sam to mull over from yesterday as a lot didn't work, almost too much to think about so i shut down with a bottle, he will be deep in thought today ......hopefully..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 14, 2018, 05:49:31 PM
Reply #648

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
Did you watch the game?
There is no way we set out to defend.

The managers post match comments where spot on.

After the 2nd goal went in the attitude, performance and professionalism of the players was shocking.

schniderlin practically gave up
You do realise the 2nd goal went in after 47 mins and schneiderlin only came on in the 72nd minute?
Maybe he gave up while still on the bench and shrugged his bib off.

At least give the right players stick.

January 14, 2018, 06:00:57 PM
Reply #649

caliburn53

The world becoming a smaller place has meant that top teams now buy the best players in the world; thus widening the gap between themselves and the rest.
 Thirty years ago you would but the top player from Scotland or the Wales captain and it would give you hope for the season.
 Teams main form of income was gate receipts so the top five teams could cherry pick the players from the rest of the division. If a player wanted to make real money he had to play for a top team; a whole career, let alone one contract, at West Ham or Southampton would not set a player up financially for life as is the case today.
 But even in those days with our financial advantage we never really made it count. We would back a manager a one player at a time, breaking transfer records now and again, but never signing three or four at once to really challenge the top team. We also never showed any real ambition when it came to managers. Despite regularly being linked with the likes of Clough and Robson we always went for an up and coming manager, in my time it only worked once; Howard Kendall.
 I've never known Everton to be ambitious, even when we had more going for us than most teams. I go back to 1975.
I was fortunate to watch football from the mid sixties and had the honour of watching the likes of Howard Kendal and Alan Ball play when they came to the old Dell ground in Southampton matches against Everton ,win ,loose or draw ( usually Loose ) these were always fantastic end to end matches as many were during thoses days. The trouble in my opinion is these days too much money, yes players are finacally more secure but they have no real love,/loyalty to their present employeer. Prior to the destruction of football (premier league era) the game was played with passion with truely passonate fans now the fans are treated as cash cows to be milked for every penny they can. I don't think this wll ever change sadly.
A new convert to the cause thanks to two mad blue grandkids

January 14, 2018, 07:20:35 PM
Reply #650

terrydarracotsbaldpate

You do realise the 2nd goal went in after 47 mins and schneiderlin only came on in the 72nd minute?
Maybe he gave up while still on the bench and shrugged his bib off.

At least give the right players stick.
The frightening thing about yesterday was that none of the 13 outfield would get in that Spurs team. That shows how far we are behind the top 6.

January 14, 2018, 08:05:56 PM
Reply #651

Faceatthefence

The frightening thing about yesterday was that none of the 13 outfield would get in that Spurs team. That shows how far we are behind the top 6.
Whats even more concerning is that our decision makers have the squad on much higher wages than spurs.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

January 14, 2018, 11:47:12 PM
Reply #652

bacon sarnie

Don't find it frightening at all. Humiliating, yes, but not frightening. Only thing I'm frightened about is the amount of shithouses getting paid to don the royal blue shirt. Was gonna say play but they don't. Allardyce can fuck off as well.

Nothing but the best my arse.

January 15, 2018, 04:12:31 PM
Reply #653

montanatoffeefan

Nothing but the best my arse.

Bit cheeky that--saying your arse is the best.
Everton forever.