October 16, 2018, 02:05:50 AM

Author Topic: Behind Closed Doors friendly today  (Read 2429 times)

October 13, 2018, 01:59:02 AM
Reply #60

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Wonít help with ball progression from the midfield area but every manager picks him when fit.

Could see Silva using him and Gueye as a pure running Cm if passing alternatives arenít working.

October 13, 2018, 02:10:07 AM
Reply #61

Robber Rodwell

He had one strong season for us (and I'm not even convinced he was that good in that season, personally) and loads of people have this rose-tinted perspective on him. For me, he's spent so many games going missing, passing backwards when he was under no pressure, not showing for the ball, getting nosebleeds when he crossed the halfway line, getting injured (not his fault, obviously), and putting his country before the club that pays his wages.

I'd get rid of him at the first available opportunity, and I'd rather he wasn't still here at all.

Well stated.  I would let him go for a nominal fee just to get him off the payroll.  Would send him to Celtic on loan if he cannot be sold.  Probably a nice lad but there is no room for sentiment at this level.

October 13, 2018, 02:49:06 AM
Reply #62

wepull

I quite rate McCarthy. His passing range is quite poor though but he's quite fast, big lad and has a better positioning sense than Gueye.

I think Martinez pushing him far ahead and him being injured for a good part of past 2 or 3 years has put a downer on him but he's definitely a good player.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 13, 2018, 04:22:14 AM
Reply #63

Ramjam

Iíve never seen a player split the opinions on here like McCarthy does, 50/50. What I would say is that we havenít seen enough of him on a regular basis to make an accurate assessment on his ability
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 13, 2018, 05:25:59 AM
Reply #64

BlueForYou

Same age as Aaron Ramsey

Sell McCarthy, buy Ramsey
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 13, 2018, 06:02:57 AM
Reply #65

kramer0

I'm not entirely sure what to make of him anymore but a fit McCarthy could be a good option to cover/rotate with Gana, with Gomes and Davies playing most of the minutes at the other deep midfield position. At the very least, that would allow us to shift Schneiderlin's wages off the books without sacrificing depth.

Picking any two of Gana, McCarthy, and Schneiderlin to start a match together is death and we should never do it as long as Davies or Gomes is fit. It seems like Silva has worked this out, which can only be a good thing moving forward.

October 15, 2018, 09:06:20 PM
Reply #66

D15TIN

I'm not entirely sure what to make of him anymore but a fit McCarthy could be a good option to cover/rotate with Gana, with Gomes and Davies playing most of the minutes at the other deep midfield position. At the very least, that would allow us to shift Schneiderlin's wages off the books without sacrificing depth.

Picking any two of Gana, McCarthy, and Schneiderlin to start a match together is death and we should never do it as long as Davies or Gomes is fit. It seems like Silva has worked this out, which can only be a good thing moving forward.
This

October 15, 2018, 10:05:55 PM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Wait til the next deep block at Goodison imo. He might line up with Morgan in the 6 and Gana/Davies ahead.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.