December 13, 2017, 09:41:13 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 10501 times)

November 03, 2017, 03:09:25 PM
Reply #30

dazfrancis

I think he's part of the problem but part of the solution.

He came in and installed a new manager without any due diligence other than he's a footballing legend. A vanity appointment.

He then installed a DoF and with the amount of time he'd been in the door we couldn't have done our homework on conducting a search, compiling a shortlist, carrying out an in depth interview process and clearly defining the role. Another vanity appointment, let's take the guy everyone was holding up as the key behind Leicester's fairytale.

Then he told the media that his manager was a legend and he does what he wants before heading off back to London to work on financing a new stadium. Leaving behind a chairman in ill health and a Chief Exec with a questionable record of success so far.

Is it any wonder things were allowed to develop?

The thing is who tells a guy who pays your wages that he might be wrong?

deCoubertin

November 03, 2017, 03:10:46 PM
Reply #31

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This club doesn't really do relegation.

There are clubs whose owner structure can survive relegation. Hell, there are clubs whose managers can survive relegation.
The last time we were in real relegation scraps (95 & 98) we ousted our board.

The buck stops at the manager for team performance and individual results.
The buck stops at our new DoF when it comes to the performance/value of signings.
But the buck stops at Moshiri for overall trajectory.

November 03, 2017, 07:29:34 PM
Reply #32

SANA_DR0

I bet Moshiri regrets that interview on sky sports news (with Jim White) with an hourish to go on Transfer deadling, where he stated 'we dont need any more signings' 'we dont need a striker'.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 07, 2017, 06:48:14 AM
Reply #33

Thomas

I don't like the man. The Panorama programme solidified this impression even if the material isn't completely proven. Also listening to Everton Business Matters fawn over him really annoys me, which is a shame as its a good podcast.

The main reason I dislike him apart from him basically using sales to cover spending on players,  is I firmly believe the ground move to the city centre has sod all to do with benefitting the club/fans and more to do with making HIM more money. Walton will suffer, the atmosphere will suffer, fans will suffer and possibly even the team may suffer. However the club will be more profitable for Mr Moshiri.

Jack Walker was no angel, but he died recently and some of our fans are so wide-eyed on Moshiri you almost wonder whether they have been led to believe the club for him is a labour of love. It isn't. It was for Bill Kenwright and he wasn't any good either. Moshiri is a capitalist out for his own pocket and seeking to commercialize our club into 'Brand Everton' and take it away from our origins. Fans are falling for that way too easily in my opinion. If he didn't have money I would see no difference between him and the Hull/Cardiff chairman who had no prior connection/commitment to their clubs either.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:50:24 AM by Thomas »

November 07, 2017, 10:58:14 PM
Reply #34

kramer0

Really starting to worry. Not about the Usmanov stuff but about football.

Don't know what he's playing at with the Costa/Sanchez/Simeone stories. He seems to be utterly clueless about how to improve the club on the pitch.

November 07, 2017, 11:04:39 PM
Reply #35

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I don't like the man. The Panorama programme solidified this impression even if the material isn't completely proven. Also listening to Everton Business Matters fawn over him really annoys me, which is a shame as its a good podcast.

The main reason I dislike him apart from him basically using sales to cover spending on players,  is I firmly believe the ground move to the city centre has sod all to do with benefitting the club/fans and more to do with making HIM more money. Walton will suffer, the atmosphere will suffer, fans will suffer and possibly even the team may suffer. However the club will be more profitable for Mr Moshiri.

Jack Walker was no angel, but he died recently and some of our fans are so wide-eyed on Moshiri you almost wonder whether they have been led to believe the club for him is a labour of love. It isn't. It was for Bill Kenwright and he wasn't any good either. Moshiri is a capitalist out for his own pocket and seeking to commercialize our club into 'Brand Everton' and take it away from our origins. Fans are falling for that way too easily in my opinion. If he didn't have money I would see no difference between him and the Hull/Cardiff chairman who had no prior connection/commitment to their clubs either.

Mate, when I can move along the row of seats in the Upper Gwladys without practically tripping over the seat back in the row in front of me, when I can go for a piss without waiting for 15 minutes at half time, when I can have a wider choice of food than fish and chips and cardboard burgers outside the ground I for one will be a happy man, we don't all live around the corner from GP, new location makes perfect sense.
It would take years of reduced capacity and disruption to re-develop GP, you would practically have to demolish 75% of it and re-build. I don't know what your definition of a fan is but in the case of Moshiri once you have skin in the game you soon become as interested in success for the club as any other fan.

Copy pasted from my response to your previous rant today in the Bromley Moore dock thread

We are one of the cheapest season ticket in the Premiership, there are a number of reasons for that, one being that the ground is not living in the 90's like you, it's a 60's stadium. Don't get emotionally involved with bricks and mortar.

November 07, 2017, 11:12:47 PM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Starting to think he's a bit of a farce.

November 07, 2017, 11:17:54 PM
Reply #37

bluenuck

Anyone have the quote from Moshiri about Simeone? Or where he said it?

November 07, 2017, 11:21:02 PM
Reply #38

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Someone tweeted that Moshiri admired Simeone and from there it took on a life of its own.

November 07, 2017, 11:24:01 PM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really starting to worry. Not about the Usmanov stuff but about football.

Don't know what he's playing at with the Costa/Sanchez/Simeone stories. He seems to be utterly clueless about how to improve the club on the pitch.

Yeah he’s not coming across well.

The idea that a rich man is a crook doesn’t phase me in the slightest, they’re all crooks, but the idea that the head of a company ina certain sector doesn’t know his arse from his elbow in that niche is worrying - unless he’s got the right appointments around him, which of course, he has not.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2017, 11:25:11 PM
Reply #40

bluenuck

Someone tweeted that Moshiri admired Simeone and from there it took on a life of its own.

Seriously?

That's where this whole panic is coming from? Can't be.

November 07, 2017, 11:25:35 PM
Reply #41

kramer0

unless hes got the right appointments around him, which of course, he has not.

Yep. We have to wait for him stumble upon a set-up that works, then hope he doesn't fuck it up.

November 07, 2017, 11:25:57 PM
Reply #42

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing else to back it up other than Twitter gossip.

November 07, 2017, 11:26:59 PM
Reply #43

BlueBeagle

Anyone have the quote from Moshiri about Simeone? Or where he said it?

Headline news on Sky Sports

November 07, 2017, 11:28:15 PM
Reply #44

bluenuck

Headline news on Sky Sports

No quotes from Moshiri. Just speculation that Simeone is our number 1 target.