8 (15.7%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Heitinga (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 32416 times)

January 10, 2014, 08:15:46 PM
Reply #105

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed.

When was the last time we had an actual, obvious partnership?

I don't know whether that's down to injuries or form or just it's hard to find top quality players in those roles.

Arteta and felliani should of been so much better

January 10, 2014, 08:43:39 PM
Reply #106

The Good Citizen

Think Arteta having that season out co-incided with Fellaini taking time to settle and with Arteta not hitting the form he had preinjury and then leaving, their best periods didn't quite overlap. On paper though could have been great.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

January 10, 2014, 09:12:54 PM
Reply #107

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

That was disappointing.

As TGC says I think circumstance had a big impact there.

I thought Gibson and Fellaini looked really promising - S'land away in the cup being a prime example - but then Felli was moved forward pretty soon afterwards.

January 10, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
Reply #108

sharpattack

That was disappointing.

As TGC says I think circumstance had a big impact there.

I thought Gibson and Fellaini looked really promising - S'land away in the cup being a prime example - but then Felli was moved forward pretty soon afterwards.
I know I'm in a minority here but I still think that Gibson will make a big contribution if, and when, he gets back.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 10, 2014, 09:36:09 PM
Reply #109

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 10, 2014, 09:36:21 PM
Reply #110

blob

I know I'm in a minority here but I still think that Gibson will make a big contribution if, and when, he gets back.

agreed, and i'm not sure you're in a minority.

January 10, 2014, 09:40:33 PM
Reply #111

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Not the same class.

I'm not saying they were but that was probably the last good centre midfield pairing we had that seemed to work well as a pair. We had a massive slump once Parkinson got injured and it lasted about 10 years!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 10, 2014, 09:42:26 PM
Reply #112

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I always thought Arteta and Neville worked well.

(Awaits backlash from Ram)
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 10, 2014, 09:44:27 PM
Reply #113

sharpattack

I'm not saying they were but that was probably the last good centre midfield pairing we had that seemed to work well as a pair. We had a massive slump once Parkinson got injured and it lasted about 10 years!
Just shows that he was the main man in that partnership. Horne was shite. He's still shite at the commentating as well
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

January 10, 2014, 09:46:11 PM
Reply #114

sharpattack

I always thought Arteta and Neville worked well.

(Awaits backlash from Ram)
I was probably one of Neville's biggest defenders but even I'd take exception to that. He was a terrible midfielder. I'm convinced that a lot of the abuse he got was because he was occasionally played in midfield. His best position was definitely FB.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

January 10, 2014, 09:46:27 PM
Reply #115

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Just shows that he was the main man in that partnership. Horne was shite. He's still shite at the commentating as well

Haha true!

Apart from his goal against Wimbledon and him saying 'I hate these brummie twats' or whatever it was when we played birmingham and he didnt realise he was still on air
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 10, 2014, 09:46:35 PM
Reply #116

Heisenberg

The thought of a Fellaini and Arteta CM is not a good one, 2 of the biggest crabs in football

January 10, 2014, 10:03:39 PM
Reply #117

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Horne was awful
Simply simply lovely

January 10, 2014, 10:07:13 PM
Reply #118

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Horne was awful

Remember when, while admittedly trying to sign Flo, Royle tried to buy him back?

January 10, 2014, 10:08:22 PM
Reply #119

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Remember when, while admittedly trying to sign Flo, Royle tried to buy him back?
no wonder they wouldn't give him any money fucking hell
Simply simply lovely