August 16, 2018, 09:40:30 AM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 8005 times)

May 09, 2018, 03:51:40 AM
Reply #30

howard1334

No. We already have one bang-average winger who offers little to nothing in the majority of matches on the left.

Why not - for once - try and compete and maybe go for Fakir?

Not really an accurate comparison, though. Look up Shaqiri's numbers since he has been in the league and compare them with Bolasie's. Not sure i want him, but end product is not really the issue.

May 09, 2018, 04:25:37 AM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

He's a fraud.

May 09, 2018, 05:37:02 AM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn’t be as bad a signing as many are making out.

We lack individual difference makers and he is that. He also has pace and is proven at prem level.

Wouldn’t particularly fix any of our major issues but would help with the fact that we are dangerously boring to watch.

p.s would prefer Arnautovic. Can imagine what the majority opinion on that would be but for me he’s like mirallas at his best, on steds.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 09, 2018, 06:07:29 AM
Reply #33

Dr. Sponge

Heard a few pundits say he’s lazy.

Has a lot of ability but I’d like to see his distance covered stats.

May 09, 2018, 01:59:51 PM
Reply #34

MmmblueBernard

He’s a chunky monkey isn’t he.

He’s have been a great prem player 10 years ago when the key ability wasn’t closing and pressing the opposition.

He’s got a good eye for goal and passing vision we don’t possess but he kinda reeks of Bilyletdown.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 09, 2018, 02:02:25 PM
Reply #35

ajax_andy

We have one good winger... One.

I'd take him all day long, he's been their stand out player this year.

Scores goals and makes something out of nothing which we lack.

We'd still need 1 or 2 other wide players to rotate and compete...

Zaha or if not Kenedy would be good options imo.

May 09, 2018, 02:03:50 PM
Reply #36

Macca77

Id rather sign Shakira

pmsl

May 09, 2018, 02:09:48 PM
Reply #37

Hawkandro

I thought that about Bailey. We were apparently linked a few years ago and now he is seen as potential world class.

Bailey has ripped it up in Germany this season. Absolute flyer too.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

May 09, 2018, 02:47:21 PM
Reply #38

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
You don’t get shipped out of top clubs and end up getting relegated with Stoke City due to bad luck.

May 09, 2018, 04:15:43 PM
Reply #39

Tinga

He's better than what we can hope for, you realise we are nobody now right lads? I think a lot of you need to come back down from the heavenly heights of the europa league and realise we've not been special for years now.

May 09, 2018, 04:25:02 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Yeah he's not good for us, and certainly not good enough for where we want to be. Someone like Newcastle or West Ham'll have him, and he'll score one outrageous goal, and then play garbage for 6 months, and pundits will say what a good buy he's been.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 09, 2018, 04:33:57 PM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's better than what we can hope for, you realise we are nobody now right lads? I think a lot of you need to come back down from the heavenly heights of the europa league and realise we've not been special for years now.

We're better than what he can hope for more like.

May 09, 2018, 05:05:35 PM
Reply #42

mikey_blue

Scores the odd worldie but is inconsistent at best. Could be our new McFadden.

May 09, 2018, 05:39:01 PM
Reply #43

School of Science

Only if it's a straight swap with Bolasie. If not never.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 09, 2018, 07:56:29 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had a rough few years in a rough club, not sure what his injury history is like but if he can get anywhere near his Bayern/Inter ability then you’d have a superb wide forward or shot monster 10.

If he was cheap enough I wouldn’t be surprised to see a top 6 club pick him up for cover.

Not beyond the realm of possibility that he’s finished but he wouldn’t be the worlds worst gamble imo, and certainly not one to get up in arms about.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.