August 21, 2018, 03:13:50 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 129951 times)

May 13, 2018, 01:35:29 PM
Read 129951 times

Ramjam

So if we had one player who we could realistically sign in the summer who would you want?

For me Id like to see us sign Llorente from Spurs, hes to good to be sat on their bench and would work well with Siggy as they did at Swansea. With Rooney likely to be off to the USA that would open up the 10 role and allow the partnership to flourish
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 13, 2018, 01:39:02 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Llorente would be a good signing. I want more than anything else a creative deep lying midfielder. People talk about the number ten but our attacks are so slow because we don't look to do anything before the half way line that doesn't involve a hopeful punt or random diagonal. Barry had the ability but not the youth. Arteta could do it in his sleep we need someone akin to that

May 13, 2018, 01:49:35 PM
Reply #2

TheTone

Fancy big Marco to go all out for Doucoure

May 13, 2018, 02:07:23 PM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

Llorente is going home to Bilbao.

May 13, 2018, 03:04:21 PM
Reply #4

dunkster

Yeah Llorente would be a good signing. I want more than anything else a creative deep lying midfielder. People talk about the number ten but our attacks are so slow because we don't look to do anything before the half way line that doesn't involve a hopeful punt or random diagonal. Barry had the ability but not the youth. Arteta could do it in his sleep we need someone akin to that

This...(at any cost)
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 13, 2018, 03:39:06 PM
Reply #5

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
A centre-mid who can pick the ball up off the defence, turn and carry it 40 yards forward.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

May 13, 2018, 04:00:45 PM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

Pace, pace and more pace.

May 13, 2018, 04:04:16 PM
Reply #7

BlueForYou

One player? Mata

Add:

Sessegnon

Tierney

Lascelles

Doucoure

Rodriguez

Choudhury

Traore
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 13, 2018, 04:11:45 PM
Reply #8

Ramjam

One player? Mata

Add:

Sessegnon

Tierney

Lascelles

Doucoure

Rodriguez

Choudhury

Traore
Mata is actually a really good shout and could work out well for us, strong midfield man with a great passing range.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 13, 2018, 04:17:06 PM
Reply #9

KoemansNumberTens

Is mata on a free?

May 13, 2018, 04:28:31 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

So if we had one player who we could realistically sign in the summer who would you want?

For me Id like to see us sign Llorente from Spurs, hes to good to be sat on their bench and would work well with Siggy as they did at Swansea. With Rooney likely to be off to the USA that would open up the 10 role and allow the partnership to flourish

I would have said yes to this 12 months ago but we have Tosun who is decent in the air, a great finisher and is approaching his prime.

Much rather have a genuine top drawer midfielder who can spot a pass and turn defence into attack in seconds. I dont know where wed find such a player but they are out there somewhere and this is why we have a DoF to oversee the biggest scouting team weve ever had.

May 13, 2018, 04:37:30 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Marcus Rashford.

May 13, 2018, 04:47:14 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Need a whole new midfield I think. Ours is way too slow. Gana can stay as a squad player. Who? No idea but ideally someone with pace and presence.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

May 13, 2018, 04:48:16 PM
Reply #13

farnhamtoffee

Fabregas for me.

May 13, 2018, 04:58:52 PM
Reply #14

GrantyBoy78

Mata is actually a really good shout and could work out well for us, strong midfield man with a great passing range.
We get completely dominated, physically, in midfield. We need a play-playing tank like Dembele.