October 22, 2018, 02:27:13 PM

Author Topic: Lozano  (Read 18037 times)

May 23, 2018, 09:58:29 PM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't say you did.  I just made the point that they're not unknowns looking for a chance in the league, they were established players that were going to a team a level above what we can offer.  There's not one of those players we could have got at the time Liverpool got them - we'd need to be looking at getting them the step earlier.

Right ok, well yeah I’m saying don’t go for unknowns, do what they do.

Your point about buying a step earlier can be helped by following the same process but obviously inherent risk is dialled up
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 23, 2018, 10:50:54 PM
Reply #61

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Those four attacking players also pretty much encapsulate one of the biggest problems with recruitment under Walsh.

They might all prove to be decent players, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of coherent thought wrt how they fit in together going on there.

Yes.

Part of him not being up to the role, as opposed to just being a talent spotter.

Clearly he either didn’t plan re squad composition or wouldn’t/ couldn’t stand up against other people’s wishes.

May 23, 2018, 11:15:49 PM
Reply #62

BlueMaquis

Injured In An Auto Accident? We Understand Your Pain.

Medical bills, lost wages and vehicle damages can bring your life to a grinding halt. We at Hirving Lozano can help.

We know how frustrating it can be to deal with insurance companies, medical providers and everyone else involved in your auto accident. Large enough to provide a wealth of experience, yet small enough to focus on each client as an individual — our law firm is here to serve your legal needs with dedication and diligence.

Hirving Lozano LLP  is uniquely qualified to take cases involving serious injuries with commercial vehicles. No matter your situation, we take care of all the details, from gathering evidence to interviewing witnesses. That way, you can focus on making a full recovery.

Hirving Lozano - We Have The Experience It Takes To Get Results

June 04, 2018, 01:13:50 AM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Very surprised not to see anyone getting involved in the Lozano hype.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 04, 2018, 02:22:48 AM
Reply #64

Cozzie

Apparently he was class against Scotland like.

Would love him here would be a game changer.

It was brands who brought him to PSV so it would be nice if Brands can sell it to him that Everton would be the perfect step up for the next phase of his development.

June 04, 2018, 02:49:21 AM
Reply #65

arteta4spain

It was brands who brought him to PSV so it would be nice if Brands can sell it to him that Everton would be the perfect step up for the next phase of his development.
I’d say that's the plan from the club tbh. Not Lozano directly but hopefully Brands’ influence and his contribution to players careers will turn them to us.

June 04, 2018, 03:08:33 AM
Reply #66

Danny

He'd be an absolute dream signing but I can't see it, i'll believe it when he's getting his picture taken in the kit.

June 04, 2018, 04:06:45 AM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah same - think he’d be an absolutely unbelievable signing, so just can’t quite see it happening.

June 04, 2018, 04:10:57 AM
Reply #68

Cereal Killer

I'd look class against Scotland tbh  ;)

June 04, 2018, 08:39:49 AM
Reply #69

howard1334

Him and Lookman out wide is the stuff of solid erections... Especially with a clinical finisher in the middle

Don't see that regularly happening with Walcott on the books.

June 04, 2018, 11:34:23 AM
Reply #70

Juanito

Don't see that regularly happening with Walcott on the books.

Walcott could be the one in the middle, so they all interchange as a front 3.

One of them comes out to give our target man Tosun a run and they are nice, different forward options. Rather than what we have now, something painfully predictable.

June 04, 2018, 01:59:40 PM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Could do a 4-2-3-1 with Tosun up top and Gylfi behind.

Or a 4-3-3 with Gylfi in CM (or a good cm) and the three pace machines up top.

We do have a real lack of options at the moment tactically, and struggle to change games when it isn’t going out way besides everyone just waking up a bit.

June 04, 2018, 05:00:27 PM
Reply #72

Mac934

Sticks in the craw but Liverpool model since Klopp.

Established stars in other half-decent leagues -
firmino, salah
Established stars in smaller teams - mane, VVD, Robertson

All under a certain age, all identified (through data) as having key attributes for the specific system (insane physical gifts, pressing, pace, goals...)
. I agree about sticking in the craw, but he has a system that works. If it wasn't for the dodgy defence (where have we heard that before) they would have challenged more than Man Utd. Now we have a new attacking minded Manager, hopefully if we followed a similar plan with Lookman, Tosun and Walcott as the front three with DCL as back up, followed by Siggurdson as CM with Gueye and Davies as MF partners we have the basis of a good attack minded team. At the back Coleman, Jags (for now), Keane and a new younger Baines at LB,  with Pickford in goal we have a sound team on paper at least. Holgate, Baines, Kenny, Baningime, Schneiderlin, Klassen and Sandro make up a good squad. Send some of the loaners out again and I think the future is Silva.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

June 04, 2018, 05:47:26 PM
Reply #73

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
. I agree about sticking in the craw, but he has a system that works. If it wasn't for the dodgy defence (where have we heard that before) they would have challenged more than Man Utd. Now we have a new attacking minded Manager, hopefully if we followed a similar plan with Lookman, Tosun and Walcott as the front three with DCL as back up, followed by Siggurdson as CM with Gueye and Davies as MF partners we have the basis of a good attack minded team. At the back Coleman, Jags (for now), Keane and a new younger Baines at LB,  with Pickford in goal we have a sound team on paper at least. Holgate, Baines, Kenny, Baningime, Schneiderlin, Klassen and Sandro make up a good squad. Send some of the loaners out again and I think the future is Silva.

Yeah I think if we had a game today and we had to put that side out, there’s no reason why with proper coaching/ tactics that shouldn’t be a decent side both performance and results wise.

Need to keep that in perspective and then focus additions on the most pressing areas.

June 04, 2018, 06:33:57 PM
Reply #74

Mac934

Yeah I think if we had a game today and we had to put that side out, there’s no reason why with proper coaching/ tactics that shouldn’t be a decent side both performance and results wise.

Need to keep that in perspective and then focus additions on the most pressing areas.
Add to the back ups we have Bolasie, Vlasic and FM also. If we could get in a really good left sided CH who could play LB we would be almost there. I don't see the need for total rebuilding yet. A younger back up for Pickford would be a good idea too.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!