October 21, 2018, 03:28:00 PM

Author Topic: Tosun  (Read 4954 times)

June 06, 2018, 06:46:50 PM
Reply #105

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno if Baines has the legs to play wing back these days.

Also generally still plays like a FB when we use that formation.

Whether thatís lack of repetitive practice or natural instinct itís hard to tell.

Either way itís better for him to be close to players to move the ball around rather than hard slogs up the line on his own.

June 06, 2018, 06:53:22 PM
Reply #106

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Upgrades for Jags, Baines & Schniederlin in that formation and i'd be happy.
As long as we had decent options for replacing the attacking 4 on the bench as well, of course.

DCL and Klaassen (maybe) are the only ones i can think of at the moment that could rotate in?

June 06, 2018, 06:59:06 PM
Reply #107

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

As long as we had decent options for replacing the attacking 4 on the bench as well, of course.

DCL and Klaassen (maybe) are the only ones i can think of at the moment that could rotate in?

Would still like to see more of Vlasic and Lookman having a run of games, but a rough indication of how big our squad is below, and this is still leaving out a few senior players, loanees, etc...

Pickford/Stek/Hewelt

Keane/Holgate/Williams ... JagielkaNew/RFM
Coleman/Kenny/Browning ............................. ...... New/Baines/Garbutt

Gana/Beni/McCarthy ..... New/Davies/Schneiderlin

Sigurdsson/Klaasen/New

Walcott/Vlasic/Sandro ...................... New/Lookman/Bolasie

Tosun/New/DCL

Our squad is huge, but not huge on quality - 3 players in each position is more than enough, when 2 first team, 1 youth. Priority is bringing in New players in certain urgent positions. Imo, of course, the "New"is placed in priority order, if its before the name in that position, would mean I would suggest that the position is crucial and the players that we have would play second and third fiddle, i.e. a left back, a left winger, a left cb :D but still needing a CM and possibly a decent striker, and get shut of the 2 or 3 average strikers we have floating around the place.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:12:32 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

June 06, 2018, 07:00:30 PM
Reply #108

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Lookman, Dowell, Vlasic too

June 06, 2018, 07:19:44 PM
Reply #109

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman, Dowell, Vlasic too

Lookman was starting in @The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool 's formation.
But yeah, deffo Vlasic.
Possibly Dowell being Sigurdsson and maybe Klaassen

Walcott on the right and Lookman on the left with Vlasic, DCL and poss 1 other supporting
Sigurdsson in the middle with Klaassen and dowell supporting
Tosun up front with DCL, Niasse & Walcott as back ups.

So I want a CB, a LB a CM to come in as first team players and better than anything else we have.
Then 1 wide man. Either to be 3 'starters' for the 2 positions or another Vlasic type playwe with legs & potential

June 06, 2018, 07:22:46 PM
Reply #110

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Weird isnt it, that most of us are pretty much on the same wavelength when it comes to whats needed. I get the feeling Walsh certainly wasnt (when we were crying out for a Lukaku replacement, a Left Back, etc). But I think Brands certainly WILL be on the same wavelength, if not a lot higher than us peons.

Its about time we were due some luck, so yes, he WILL be.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:25:28 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

June 06, 2018, 09:07:50 PM
Reply #111

dunkster

In many ways fringe players deserve a decent chance to impress silva.
It's just there's an overall feeling that the squad simply wasn't good enough this season so therefore we need to get 4-6 top class players.
I would still like to see if silva can find the player that is in klaasen, sandro and vlasic.
If he gives them chance under his tactics and formations and they still don't cut it then fine, fuck em off. But I don't like the thought of some of them leaving and being left wondering could they have been good
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 12:49:20 AM
Reply #112

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Come on now.

Letís find a middle ground.

He shouldnít be starting ahead of tosun, but heís still a potentially very good player. Just needs to find more of a threat infront of goal.

Not more threat, just any threat would be a start
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...