October 22, 2018, 03:29:22 PM

Author Topic: Tosun  (Read 4960 times)

June 04, 2018, 06:03:26 PM
Reply #30

Ramjam

20+ PL goals for our Cenk next year.
Is that based on his threats towards a fan?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 04, 2018, 06:04:41 PM
Reply #31

themilkycoffees

Is that based on his threats towards a fan?

Only partially. 

June 04, 2018, 06:06:36 PM
Reply #32

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 04, 2018, 06:09:17 PM
Reply #33

themilkycoffees

In all seriousness, he looks a great finisher and hopefully we'll give him a lot of chances next season. He acclimatised pretty well and think he'll only get better next year in a better team.

June 04, 2018, 06:12:02 PM
Reply #34

Bluenose 91

Love him, me.

He's also got by far the best song we've had for a player in years.

June 04, 2018, 06:16:34 PM
Reply #35

Ramjam

In all seriousness, he looks a great finisher and hopefully we'll give him a lot of chances next season. He acclimatised pretty well and think he'll only get better next year in a better team.
Hereís hoping, for me heís one which is hard to predict, look good at international level as well as In the Turkish league, had good moments for us and scored a few at the tale end of the season but Iím not fully convinced with his all round play. I think heís a fox in the fox who can be at the right place at the right time but the team will have to do all of the creating  for him as I canít see him making many chances for himself
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 04, 2018, 06:31:32 PM
Reply #36

dazfrancis

If we can create chances for him he will score goals.

Whether we can create chances without relying on him being top-class at "all-round play" remains to be seen

June 04, 2018, 06:37:16 PM
Reply #37

Mac934

Does he need to be top class at all round play though? His job is to score goals. If he's adequate at the all round play that should be enough if the rest of the team are supplying the chances, he's shown he can take them.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

June 04, 2018, 06:42:35 PM
Reply #38

themilkycoffees

Hereís hoping, for me heís one which is hard to predict, look good at international level as well as In the Turkish league, had good moments for us and scored a few at the tale end of the season but Iím not fully convinced with his all round play. I think heís a fox in the fox who can be at the right place at the right time but the team will have to do all of the creating  for him as I canít see him making many chances for himself

You could actually count on one hand the amount of goals Lukaku created for himself in four seasons. Most of them were first time finishes or one-touch and then finish. The only ones I can really remember him "making for himself" was Arsenal in his first season, Chelsea in the FA Cup and couple v City away (one in 13-14 and one in 16-17).

https://twitter.com/GoodisonPics/status/883090134756995079

June 04, 2018, 06:49:39 PM
Reply #39

dazfrancis

Does he need to be top class at all round play though? His job is to score goals. If he's adequate at the all round play that should be enough if the rest of the team are supplying the chances, he's shown he can take them.

Agree, if we are a good enough team we shouldn't have to rely on our striker being a great all-round player

June 04, 2018, 06:52:13 PM
Reply #40

Ramjam

Agree, if we are a good enough team we shouldn't have to rely on our striker being a great all-round player
But weíre not, thatís my point mate.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 04, 2018, 06:54:56 PM
Reply #41

themilkycoffees

I expect us to be a very different team come August.

June 04, 2018, 06:59:06 PM
Reply #42

Ramjam

I expect us to be a very different team come August.
We really need to be
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 04, 2018, 11:57:26 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
20+ PL goals for our Cenk next year.

Would be a truly phenomenal return. I honestly dunno what heíll end up at, last few years have been 10 / 13 / 5 / 8 / 20 / 13 (*combined Beşiktaş & Everton)

If he hits double figs for us Iíd probably be quite pleased. If he got 15 I think Iíd pull my knob off. If he got 20 I would question reality.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 05, 2018, 12:07:24 AM
Reply #44

boothill

Only partially.
Sean Connery  said that when he got asked did he like mixed herbs