August 15, 2018, 04:02:21 AM

Author Topic: Brands/Silva live press conference  (Read 4340 times)

June 05, 2018, 02:29:39 PM
Reply #60

Hawkandro

What was the whole Atalanta slip up about? Xx

What did they say?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 05, 2018, 03:19:56 PM
Reply #61

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Haven't watched it but I was told when asked about signings Brands said 'there won't be many, but they will be big.' Is that true?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 05, 2018, 03:21:09 PM
Reply #62

Ramjam

Haven't watched it but I was told when asked about signings Brands said 'there won't be many, but they will be big.' Is that true?
I hope so cause thatís exactly what we need
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 05, 2018, 04:43:16 PM
Reply #63

Free Agent

No, you misheard, he said, ďThere wonít be any, and I donít give a fig...Ē.  Everton that

June 05, 2018, 05:03:08 PM
Reply #64

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
From the transcripts:

MS: (Transfers in general) No normal and I think it's already started and over the next few days names and names and names not really what we want for our team but the first thing we will do for sure is to look inside to analyse everything.

MS: (Richarlson specifically) I have big names big names - the list is not so big because it's important for us what we have in our hands

MS: (Richarlson specifically) I will repeat again we will analyse everything inside our squad, our young players and afterwards we'll make the decision.

MB: (Lozano specifically) No not really, the most important thing now is to look around the squad

MB: (Transfers in general) we have to look what we will do for the next season and of course we think there are maybe a few positions there that we can target

MS: (Sandro specifically) I am looking forward to starting work, making decisions and as well about our squad and afterwards we'll see what is our decisions.

MB: (Scouting at the world cup): You've spoken about a squad of 35 plus players, how do you assess obviously with the timescale you've got with the World Cup in the limited time, assess which players which you want to keep and which players you want to get rid off before they're back in training?

We start 2nd of July and we have two players in the World Cup. We have to first to look at our own squad and we have several players that were on loan, a few young players that were on loan and if the squad is too big with 30-odd players, that's difficult to work for a coach, so we have to change that and from one side and the other side, we have to fill in a few targets that we think we need.

So, no - he didn't say that exactly @Brownie20 . The entire gist of the presser was "we have too many players and will be looking internally before we look externally". But they did say specifically they have big names on a short list and i agree, we desperately need that. 3 or 4 players who would immediately lift the quality of the team and able to plug the glaring imbalance in the squad at the same time.

June 05, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
Reply #65

Tinga

Alejandro Gomez would a great signing, he ripped us a part.

June 05, 2018, 05:05:31 PM
Reply #66

Bluedylan

Alejandro Gomez would a great signing, he ripped us a part.

30 years old though. Doesn't really fit the profile of the kind of players that Brands seems to be talking about.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 05, 2018, 05:09:47 PM
Reply #67

Tinga

30 years old though. Doesn't really fit the profile of the kind of players that Brands seems to be talking about.

Damn I didn't know he was 30, nevermind that then.

June 05, 2018, 06:41:30 PM
Reply #68

dangermouse

Try 3.28 then and you will hear what I heard ,smart arse

I was referring to the comment you quoted

Quote from: Mick 1995 on June 04, 2018, 08:30:57 PM
[/quote]
    They quoted the 38 first team players detail as well.
    Got to assume they're wanting 15 off the books (by sale/release/loan) before anybody is seriously considered to be coming in.

Maybe a lot of them swap deals that the lads all love doing the rounds this year?
[/quote]
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

June 05, 2018, 07:27:26 PM
Reply #69

dunkster

Do they? Doesn't appear to be anyone on here with such a strong positive view on him

On here no. And I'm not bothered about him leaving. My point was whether THEY think he's massively popular with the fans and therefore needs to be classed as a legend
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 05, 2018, 08:33:20 PM
Reply #70

Macca77

June 05, 2018, 10:17:48 PM
Reply #71

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
would love to be in the middle of these two.....  :evil:

I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

June 05, 2018, 10:45:38 PM
Reply #72

Bluedylan

would love to be in the middle of these two.....  :evil:

Which one are you bedding first, given the choice?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 05, 2018, 11:43:17 PM
Reply #73

Macca77

Both together, ooooooh! It would be incredible!

Oh you weren't asking me where you?

June 06, 2018, 12:09:00 AM
Reply #74

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Marco I recon. But if Marcel joins in I wonít complain...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!