October 21, 2018, 04:09:44 PM

Author Topic: Angelino  (Read 2987 times)

June 06, 2018, 06:31:16 PM
Read 2987 times

Waltzer

Dunno if its been posted previously?

Everton have joined the hunt to sign Manchester City defender Angelino, according to the S*n.

The newspaper claims that the Merseyside club’s sporting director Marcel Brands is keen on brining the 21-year-old to Goodison Park, as the Toffees look to find a replacement for Leighton Baines amid his expected departure.

It is understood that the left-sided flyer has been priced at £10million by Man City and Brands is a huge admirer of him.

The report details that Pep Guardiola’s side will look to cash in on the left-back with his current deal entering its final year.
Good move for Everton?

Angelino impressed on loan with Eredivisie outfit NAC Breda in the 2017/18 season and appears to have a bright future ahead of him.

He is an attack-minded full-back that managed three goals and seven assists in 35 appearances, which highlights how he loves to bomb forward down the left flank.

It will be a very hard role to try replace Everton hero Baines, but Angelino has brilliant pace and looks good enough to make the step up to the Premier League.

His reported £10million price tag could also turn out to be an absolute steal as he develops and Brands could be ready to begin life at Everton with a bang.

This Is Futbol rating: 8/10

Likely to happen?

This deal certainly appears to be on the cards with Everton seemingly in the market for a new left-back and Man City wanting to offload their talented youngster.

Brands has been eyeing the highly-rated defender during his loan stint at Holland and clearly feels he is good enough for English football.

June 06, 2018, 06:36:39 PM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Everton have joined the hunt to sign Manchester City defender Angelino, according to the S*n.

The newspaper claims that the Merseyside club’s sporting director Marcel Brands is keen on brining the 21-year-old to Goodison Park, as the Toffees look to find a replacement for Leighton Baines amid his expected departure.

It is understood that the left-sided flyer has been priced at £10million by Man City and Brands is a huge admirer of him.

The report details that Pep Guardiola’s side will look to cash in on the left-back with his current deal entering its final year.
Good move for Everton?

Angelino impressed on loan with Eredivisie outfit NAC Breda in the 2017/18 season and appears to have a bright future ahead of him.

He is an attack-minded full-back that managed three goals and seven assists in 35 appearances, which highlights how he loves to bomb forward down the left flank.

It will be a very hard role to try replace Everton hero Baines, but Angelino has brilliant pace and looks good enough to make the step up to the Premier League.

His reported £10million price tag could also turn out to be an absolute steal as he develops and Brands could be ready to begin life at Everton with a bang.

Likely to happen?

This deal certainly appears to be on the cards with Everton seemingly in the market for a new left-back and Man City wanting to offload their talented youngster.

Brands has been eyeing the highly-rated defender during his loan stint at Holland and clearly feels he is good enough for English football.

That's the type of signing I want us to be making.

June 06, 2018, 06:38:10 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

That's the type of signing I want us to be making.

Yep, he sounds pretty decent and I like the bit about 7 assists and 3 goals from left back. Certainly fits in with story Silva was giving

June 06, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
Reply #3

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Good move for Everton?

Likely to happen?

Yeah, I'm sold
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 06, 2018, 06:58:38 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes Marcel my man, this is the stuff
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 06, 2018, 08:47:07 PM
Reply #5

MmmblueBernard

Sexy foreign name n all.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 06, 2018, 09:40:19 PM
Reply #6

Makis

He sounds too nice. I'd like the fullback to have a bit of devil in him.

June 06, 2018, 10:03:25 PM
Reply #7

mikey_blue

He sounds too nice. I'd like the fullback to have a bit of devil in him.

Baines is probably the nicest footballer of all time.

June 06, 2018, 10:12:01 PM
Reply #8

kramer0

I came across his name when I was searching WhoScored for creative left backs a few months back. An interesting link, questions about the level of competition in the Eredivisie aside.

City and Chelsea have invested a ton in their academies and are producing some quality players. They also seem unwilling to give these players regular first-team chances. There are opportunities there for clubs willing to buy them and invest minutes in them.

Angeliño might not be the right fit for us but hopefully we start to explore more of these types of moves.

June 06, 2018, 11:43:44 PM
Reply #9

Outworlder47

NAC Breda finished 4 points clear of the relegation playoffs, mostly because they couldn't score. Defensive record was more suggestive of mid-table rather than bottom, in an admittedly offensive-minded league.

He did lead the squad in assists (6 in the league) from left back, which is a bit odd/curious. Don't know anything about him  or the squad beyond that, though.

June 07, 2018, 12:38:33 AM
Reply #10

Moshdosh5

Is that Tony Angelino ?  It'll be a CWYING shame if we didn't go for him   ;D

June 07, 2018, 12:42:02 AM
Reply #11

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Is that Tony Angelino ?  It'll be a CWYING shame if we didn't go for him   ;D

Brilliant episode
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 07, 2018, 04:22:35 AM
Reply #12

blueski

Nil Satis

June 07, 2018, 02:19:49 PM
Reply #13

Hesmenos

Isn't Angelino the last signing Brands was working on at PSV? Sounds like someone has put 2 and 2 together and gotten 5.
Can't imagine Brands working hard to get a signing done before he left only to then scupper the deal at his new club. Also can't imagine PSV having safeguarded against just such an event happening.

June 07, 2018, 02:32:06 PM
Reply #14

Hawkandro

I came across his name when I was searching WhoScored for creative left backs a few months back. An interesting link, questions about the level of competition in the Eredivisie aside.

City and Chelsea have invested a ton in their academies and are producing some quality players. They also seem unwilling to give these players regular first-team chances. There are opportunities there for clubs willing to buy them and invest minutes in them.

Angeliño might not be the right fit for us but hopefully we start to explore more of these types of moves.

I posted a link yesterday that Spurs were willing to let Marcus Edwards go. Very highly rated attacker, though they feel he has stalled a little and with no real chance of first team football, would be willing to sell him.

Players like that are definitely worth a punt.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.