June 24, 2018, 01:19:32 AM

Author Topic: Silvas 4-3-3  (Read 1895 times)

June 07, 2018, 04:37:29 PM
Read 1895 times

dunkster

Thought maybe a separate thread to discuss him coming out stating his preferred formation (4-3-3 )and the high press tactics he aims to incorporate into the team.
 Also his comments about the no.6 position being key to the whole thing.
The merits of the formation and it's problems.
How out current squad could be used in it and their suitability.
And who we would need to get in to make us a reasonable force for top 6.

[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 04:50:00 PM
Reply #1

Ramjam

I don’t think he should be coming out and letting other clubs know what his intentions or style of play are going to be, best keep that under wraps and surprise our opponents, why give them a heads up so that they can prepare in advance. Doesn’t make sense to me.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 07, 2018, 04:54:48 PM
Reply #2

dunkster

I wish I could locate the article because he named Morgan Schneiderlin as an example of this no6 position that is key to it all.
My other fear is that an attacking 3 which I assume includes tosun in the middle so therefore Walcott right and someone like Lookman left means there's a big emphasis on our defensive 3 midfielders pushing on and being very comfortable on the ball.
And does sigurdson possess the engine or is he suited in those more defensive midfield positions?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 04:59:57 PM
Reply #3

Ramjam

Another question would be, does Lookman have the discipline to track back and do his share of the spade work when we don’t have the ball, this was his biggest failure before moving to RB.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 07, 2018, 05:23:09 PM
Reply #4

dunkster

Another question would be, does Lookman have the discipline to track back and do his share of the spade work when we don’t have the ball, this was his biggest failure before moving to RB.

Does he need to? Obviously Baines and Coleman are encouraged to push forward more but aren't they covered by wider  sided defensive midfielder?
Not sure if like to see Lookman tracking back too far because we only have 3 attackers.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

June 07, 2018, 05:26:05 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Don't see where Sigurdsson fits in a 4-3-3.

Excited to see Walcott and Lookman out wide though. Bags of goals there

June 07, 2018, 05:30:18 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

I wish I could locate the article because he named Morgan Schneiderlin as an example of this no6 position that is key to it all.
My other fear is that an attacking 3 which I assume includes tosun in the middle so therefore Walcott right and someone like Lookman left means there's a big emphasis on our defensive 3 midfielders pushing on and being very comfortable on the ball.
And does sigurdson possess the engine or is he suited in those more defensive midfield positions?

New boss Marco Silva will set Everton up in a 4-3-3 formation.

And the Portuguese coach has confirmed the Blues will become a high pressing side under his management.

Silva has developed a reputation as one of the most talented young managers in Europe with many of his former players offering glowing references to his tactics and training sessions.

The 40-year-old says Everton's deep lying midfielder - or No6 - is key to the style of play he hopes to implement at Goodison and insists the squad will work tirelessly on this new approach at Finch Farm.

Wayne Rooney is on the brink of swapping Everton for DC United which would leave Morgan Schneiderlin as the squad's only senior player in that position.

And though Silva name checks the Frenchman, Schneiderlin's future at Goodison remains unclear with Everton linked heavily with a move for Sporting Lisbon's William Carvalho.

“Depending the profile of my No6, I can play one and two or I can play two and one behind the striker depending on the profile of our No6," Silva continued.

“If we play Schneiderlin he is a player who likes to play more alone which gives more freedom to the other two midfielders and this is the system I use more.

“But my model, first of all the team need to work all together and if we have a clean sheet then everything will start from there."

June 07, 2018, 05:31:21 PM
Reply #7

dunkster

No I can't see sigurdsson fit in really.
I prefer a 4-2-3-1 where you have a no10 to join in the attack from crosses.
If Baines or Coleman deliver a cross you gotta assume that Lookman or Walcott (examples) will be right there with tosun or he's gonna be marked by 2 cb's
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

June 07, 2018, 05:32:03 PM
Reply #8

dunkster

New boss Marco Silva will set Everton up in a 4-3-3 formation.

And the Portuguese coach has confirmed the Blues will become a high pressing side under his management.

Silva has developed a reputation as one of the most talented young managers in Europe with many of his former players offering glowing references to his tactics and training sessions.

The 40-year-old says Everton's deep lying midfielder - or No6 - is key to the style of play he hopes to implement at Goodison and insists the squad will work tirelessly on this new approach at Finch Farm.

Wayne Rooney is on the brink of swapping Everton for DC United which would leave Morgan Schneiderlin as the squad's only senior player in that position.

And though Silva name checks the Frenchman, Schneiderlin's future at Goodison remains unclear with Everton linked heavily with a move for Sporting Lisbon's William Carvalho.

“Depending the profile of my No6, I can play one and two or I can play two and one behind the striker depending on the profile of our No6," Silva continued.

“If we play Schneiderlin he is a player who likes to play more alone which gives more freedom to the other two midfielders and this is the system I use more.

“But my model, first of all the team need to work all together and if we have a clean sheet then everything will start from there."

Nice one...Yeah that's the article
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

June 07, 2018, 05:50:50 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
In 433 the two wider CMs would need to get in the box, or at least take it in turns.

June 07, 2018, 05:51:46 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Thought that when we signed him and Klaassen that we’d go with

deep DM

Klaassen Sigurdsson

Then three up top.

June 07, 2018, 05:55:21 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Two defensive minded players behind him and him advanced as per the other thread.

However it does pose the issue - does Gylfi get involved enough in open play to warrant being your superstar number 10?

Unfortunately probably not, but we’ve got him now so we have to use him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 07, 2018, 05:56:24 PM
Reply #12

stirlingblue

If you have a good deep lying DM then I’d be looking to Davies and Sigurdsson to be the other two in that three.

Sig played there for Iceland in the Euros and did well. After watching him this season, he’s got an incredible engine on him, not the fastest but he’s fit as fuck.

June 07, 2018, 05:58:46 PM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Two defensive minded players behind him and him advanced as per the other thread.

However it does pose the issue - does Gylfi get involved enough in open play to warrant being your superstar number 10?

Unfortunately probably not, but we’ve got him now so we have to use him.

That's a 4-2-3-1 though, isnt it.

in a 4-3-3 when the two infront of the 6 are players that get about the pitch, dictate and create, I'm not sure Sig can do that.

He needs to play within the final 3rd for me.

June 07, 2018, 06:00:37 PM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Thought that when we signed him and Klaassen that we’d go with

deep DM

Klaassen Sigurdsson

Then three up top.

Take out klaassen and put in say Lanzini / de Jong / Kovacic (dreaming) then I’d say absolutely great sign me up, but brings us back to - top performer last two years gueye, can we lose his energetic pressing?

We’ve seen two managers revert to letting him push up the pitch now which makes me think they just can’t bear to lose his astronomical tackle and interception numbers.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.