October 21, 2018, 04:41:39 AM

Author Topic: Silvas 4-3-3  (Read 2368 times)

June 07, 2018, 06:04:27 PM
Reply #15

Ross

The only place I see him playing in proper 433 is wide left, anything else isnít 433 is it.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 07, 2018, 06:06:28 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's a 4-2-3-1 though, isnt it.

in a 4-3-3 when the two infront of the 6 are players that get about the pitch, dictate and create, I'm not sure Sig can do that.

He needs to play within the final 3rd for me.

You can have diffeeent variations on the theme, but yeah I know what you mean. To be fair he does mention 4231 in the article and he played it a lot in the past.

Yeeah Gylfi should basically be arriving on the edge of the box/ into the box 10 times a game - by doing that he guarantees 10+ prem goals from midfield. Heís got a very good engine so could do this from a slightly deeper position as he has done for Iceland, but yeah, he isnít a ball magnet. Your main man number 10 needs to be a ball magnet chance creation machine, and Gylfi isnít.

Like I said tho, what are you gonna do? Not play him? He cost 45m and if you build the midfield around not needing him THAT much and just letting him pop up and score and take free kicks then heíll be flying. Just means your second CM needs to be a good passer too *cough torreira*
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 07, 2018, 06:08:48 PM
Reply #17

dunkster

Only 3 up front which includes strikers means we have
Walcott, Lookman, tosun, niasse, dcl, sig , klaasen, vlasic, Bolasie,
9 players here already for 3 positions and that's not including sandro and mirallas or any players brought in.

If it's a strict 4-3-3 hes generally adopting then we are well overbalanced with attackers.
might just surprise a few who he fucks off.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 06:09:29 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not convinced weíll ever see vlasic play meaningful minutes
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 07, 2018, 06:13:04 PM
Reply #19

dunkster

Can't see dcl getting many minutes either
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 06:19:21 PM
Reply #20

dangermouse

Two defensive minded players behind him and him advanced as per the other thread.

However it does pose the issue - does Gylfi get involved enough in open play to warrant being your superstar number 10?

Unfortunately probably not, but weíve got him now so we have to use him.

Our midfield would get overrun easily... playing with three CM players requires three disciplined, athletic players. One of the three may be more defensive but they essentially have to play as a unit moving across the pitch as play dictates.

When we have the ball the three may change shape but to me, this is the reason you need clever players as they will be required to quickly get back in position..... or just foul to stop counter attacks.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 06:22:52 PM by dangermouse »
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

June 07, 2018, 06:23:52 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Our midfield would get overrun easily... playing with three CM players requires three disciplined, athletic players. One of the three may be more defensive but they essentially have to play as a unit moving across the pitch as play dictates.

When we have the ball the three may change shape but to me, this is the reason you need clever players as they will be required to quickly get back in position..... or just foul to stop counter attacks.

Right ok, makes sense deffo.

Anyone got any good 4-3-3 teams to watch some clips of to fuel this silva fire of mine?

June 07, 2018, 06:25:43 PM
Reply #22

Ramjam

Anyone got any good 4-3-3 teams to watch some clips of to fuel this silva fire of mine?
Just watch Barca
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 07, 2018, 06:26:14 PM
Reply #23

dangermouse

Just look at that lot across the park... I dont think we will play exactly like that though.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

June 07, 2018, 06:28:55 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

City, essentially.

Lípool good example of playing with a 3 and being able to use one dm and no particular ball hoggers. 

They use wijnaldum as one of the wider CMs so no reason why we couldnít use Sigurdsson as an example.

June 07, 2018, 06:32:02 PM
Reply #25

MmmblueBernard

Just look at that lot across the park... I dont think we will play exactly like that though.

Hoofball?

Kick n rush?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 07, 2018, 06:34:15 PM
Reply #26

mikey_blue

.                      Pickford
Coleman  Holgate   Keane    Baines
                   Gana    (New CM)
                           Sig
Walcott           Tosun         Lookman

June 07, 2018, 06:35:22 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
City, essentially.

Lípool good example of playing with a 3 and being able to use one dm and no particular ball hoggers. 

They use wijnaldum as one of the wider CMs so no reason why we couldnít use Sigurdsson as an example.

wijnaldum a bit of an issue for them in terms of not being a ball magnet tho I believe. A good account on twitter called reverseball kept a record of games where wijnaldum had reduced touches and they lost/struggled an inordinate amount of them.

Plus as a wide cm can he get into the box enough as we need him to? Literally the only way weíll make it worth while is if he is hammering the box with coutinho style shots.

June 07, 2018, 06:37:34 PM
Reply #28

Ramjam

.                      Pickford
Coleman  Holgate   Keane    Baines
                   Gana    (New CM)
                           Sig
Walcott           Tosun         Lookman
That would certainly allow for a high press and bring both fullbacks into the attack with Gana and the new CM to sit and cover
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 07, 2018, 06:38:08 PM
Reply #29

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
wijnaldum a bit of an issue for them in terms of not being a ball magnet tho I believe. A good account on twitter called reverseball kept a record of games where wijnaldum had reduced touches and they lost/struggled an inordinate amount of them.

Plus as a wide cm can he get into the box enough as we need him to? Literally the only way weíll make it worth while is if he is hammering the box with coutinho style shots.

Yes itís a minor point in that when they need control they donít have that type of player.

Think weíre some way off worrying about that yet though.