June 18, 2018, 10:57:59 AM

Author Topic: Silvas 4-3-3  (Read 1826 times)

June 07, 2018, 06:40:16 PM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Right ok, makes sense deffo.

Anyone got any good 4-3-3 teams to watch some clips of to fuel this silva fire of mine?

Get on Henry from MNF a few months back explaining how Pep played the 4-3-3. Really good stuff.

Sure it will be on youtube somewhere.

June 07, 2018, 06:41:13 PM
Reply #31

dunkster

City, Liverpool and Barcelona.
Gonna take some inspired signings and a massive rise in performance from a lot of our current squad to play like those teams.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 06:43:50 PM
Reply #32

gizzblue

4-3-3 all day as we know it won't end up

1                                          1

Y
                        A
                        R
                        D
                        S

Tosun
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 06:44:53 PM by gizzblue »

June 07, 2018, 06:43:59 PM
Reply #33

Ramjam

Gonna take some inspired signings and a massive rise in performance from a lot of our current squad to play like those teams.
Easy peasy, Marco will have us purring like a cat on heat in no time
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 07, 2018, 06:51:51 PM
Reply #34

dunkster

Gana is like a headless chicken half the time. Fine if you want him to run around and plough the tackles in but I have little faith he can do an awful lot beyond half way line. Granted he scored a couple this season.
But vision, close control, great passing range...hmmn not so sure.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 07:22:08 PM
Reply #35

sam of the south

4-3-3 high press can cover a multitude of deficiencies.

Take the RS, for instance: without that front three they are pretty average, but they got to the Champions League final.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 07, 2018, 07:48:03 PM
Reply #36

sam of the south

Get on Henry from MNF a few months back explaining how Pep played the 4-3-3. Really good stuff.

Sure it will be on youtube somewhere.

Here it is

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 07, 2018, 08:35:04 PM
Reply #37

Tofifee

with current squad

Pickford

Coleman (c)
Keane
Jags
Baines

Siggy
Mo
Gana

Lookman
Tosun
Theo

Maybe give Gana more time as 6 and play Klassen instead of Mo but maybe Marco will knock a tune out of Mo

June 07, 2018, 09:38:35 PM
Reply #38

dunkster

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/questions-raised-marco-silvas-everton-14754682

Article on exactly what we are talking about.
Suggesting Schneiderlin or similar sitting deeper with 2 more attacking midfielders playing just off him. Possibly siggy, gana, Davies or klaasen?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

June 07, 2018, 09:39:34 PM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

I donít think he should be coming out and letting other clubs know what his intentions or style of play are going to be, best keep that under wraps and surprise our opponents, why give them a heads up so that they can prepare in advance. Doesnít make sense to me.

Everyone knows exactly how Klopp plays and wants to play, and it doesn't make it any less effective.

Also, Silva is flexible. Heard Rob Palmer saying that when Watford were playing Arsenal, Silva identified a weakness on Arsenal's left side in the middle of the game, so he took off the left winger, put a second right winger on, and just hammered them down that side with a constant numerical overload.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:41:13 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 07, 2018, 09:47:58 PM
Reply #40

Evertonian in NC

What I like about the 4-3-3 is that, amoeba-like, it can adapt to match circumstances and morph into other shapes quite easily.  Especially when you have some reasonably versatile players on the pitch.

It's well suited to guys like Tom "forget about labels he's just a footballer" Davies, for sure.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 07, 2018, 09:52:34 PM
Reply #41

dunkster

So the key thing he seems to be saying is depending upon the quality of the very central defensive player he either needs 2 defensive midfielders and pushes one up behind striker so basically 4-2-3-1 or if that no6 is good enough a 4-1-2-3.
Like the thought of one defensive guy and 2 players like klaasen and siggy pressing ahead to link with the top 3.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

June 09, 2018, 12:33:02 PM
Reply #42

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Players we need for a 4-3-3. Players like Barkley. Oxalade Chamberlain. We need players who want to carry the ball from midfield  but will track back as well. It is a very attacking formation. I think we have the players to do it already. Bolasie would thrive as one of the forwards. The three up top should be able to rotate amongst themselves as well.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 09, 2018, 01:32:24 PM
Reply #43

bluenuck

Everyone knows exactly how Klopp plays and wants to play, and it doesn't make it any less effective.

Also, Silva is flexible. Heard Rob Palmer saying that when Watford were playing Arsenal, Silva identified a weakness on Arsenal's left side in the middle of the game, so he took off the left winger, put a second right winger on, and just hammered them down that side with a constant numerical overload.

Didn't Martinez do the same thing by putting lukaku on right wing in the game at Goodson...4 years ago now? And he lit them up with his left foot

June 09, 2018, 02:26:20 PM
Reply #44

Morta75

4-3-3 is a very hard formation to play. You need players that have great stamina and work rate. Coleman will be good in this formation along with Gana, Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Walcott (good work rate). Also Davies could do a job here along with a fit James McC.
The likes of Lookman and Bolasie will not be good here as of now (Bolasie probably never, to lazy) Lookman works not good enough on the defensive currently (he might get this going under Silva if given a chance). Niasse will be better in this formation than Tosun just because of work rate and pace (so important in this 4-3-3 formation in my opinion)