February 25, 2018, 11:16:58 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 25177 times)

August 14, 2016, 02:46:55 AM
Reply #15

Heisenberg

I wouldn't pair him up with Carvalho. Carvalho's not mobile enough and not good enough on the ball. Gana can be the more defensive DM, and pair him with a playmaker type.

But yeah, made up with what I saw of the lad.

Gibbo?

August 14, 2016, 02:59:26 AM
Reply #16

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah. At 26 you wonder how much better he can get with that.

Today it didn't cause us any issues at all but in future his giving the ball away easy could cost us.

Although of course it's very difficult to play against Spurs.

August 14, 2016, 03:02:46 AM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 14, 2016, 03:02:50 AM
Reply #18

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah true. To be fair I'm only going off what I heard from others who have followed him closely before he signed for us about his strengths/weaknesses. So I've gone into the game looking out for how good he was on the ball and some of what he did seemed to confirm what I've heard. Definitely happy to be proven wrong though.

August 14, 2016, 03:08:51 AM
Reply #19

Major Clanger

Again conclusions should be tentative as three years ago we were all pulling ourselves to ecstasy over James McCarthy.

Almost all of us. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 14, 2016, 03:17:40 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I also don't think it will be as big a problem under Koeman than it was at villa or under rm would have been.

He'll have better players around him than he had at villa, surrounded by a bunch of drowning rats who by all accounts didn't step up.

Early signs under Koeman are that we look very well organised but with lots of movement up top.

He should have plenty of options if ever caught short in possession.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2016, 03:18:22 AM
Reply #21

TSGun

I have to admit I'd never heard of him until we were linked so I wasn't sure what to think when he signed.

Having now watched him I'm really happy with what I saw. Seems perfect for the role he's needed for. Bargain.

August 14, 2016, 03:39:47 AM
Reply #22

bornblue88

I can only remember one occasion he gave the ball away badly and he seemed a bit unfit (2nd half tiredness), so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He was smashing in the first half with some great interceptions and faded second half like the rest, but overall a great performance. his strength is a concern for dm, but maybe he will play further up (much like kante) when everyone is fit. All-in-all an absolute bargain at 7.1m!

August 14, 2016, 03:59:38 AM
Reply #23

Alanvideo

Reminded me of Pienaar.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 14, 2016, 04:00:52 AM
Reply #24

blueski

not really seeing the "gave the ball away cheaply" shouts - I can only remember one poorly weighted pass; deulofeu gave the ball away far more cheaply and people aren't really slagging him off (including me)

have to admit there were a few times where I groaned thinking he was going to give it up but then came some type of slightly awkward but clever side foot flick and its right off to the next man

he had a few suprisingly good weighted balls forward that set up attacks as well.

one game doesn't make a player but seems like we got a good one so far in this one
Nil Satis

August 14, 2016, 04:03:29 AM
Reply #25

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Reminded me of Pienaar.

How and why?

Please explain. Cos he is small and non-white. nothing about him was at all like Pienaar.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 14, 2016, 04:03:52 AM
Reply #26

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Reminded me of Olivier Dacourt in his size and his tenacity. Had a real go at everyone. He's going to be a crowd favourite if he carries on like that
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 14, 2016, 04:04:49 AM
Reply #27

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Reminded me of Olivier Dacourt in his size and his tenacity. Had a real go at everyone. He's going to be a crowd favourite if he carries on like that
Yeah, i get that. Real little terrier and reads the game really well.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 14, 2016, 04:07:04 AM
Reply #28

Shogun

Administrator
Reminds me of Shane Duffy
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 14, 2016, 04:12:38 AM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

Just seen his MotM interview on the OS. Buzzing for the little fella. Could end up being a bit of a cult hero for us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.