August 14, 2018, 01:49:39 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 286695 times)

silversurfer19, Picko1975 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 10, 2018, 03:45:32 AM
Reply #2985

Makis

What's International Space Station got to do with this?

February 10, 2018, 04:13:32 AM
Reply #2986

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
When Johnson started on his dream to move us to Kirkby (mk1, not the Kenwright one), he was known to say a goal of his was to own all of the amenities around the ground. All the boozers and newsagents and food places were going to be owned by him.

Now, whilst i don't want Moshiri personally doing that - i hope the club itself have the cash flow to be able to invest heavily in that kind of thing.

I think Lyon did this... lyonnais cafes, lyonnais takeaways, lyonnais beer, lyonnais taxis etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 10, 2018, 01:37:54 PM
Reply #2987

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 10, 2018, 02:13:29 PM
Reply #2988

Alanvideo

I think Lyon did this... lyonnais cafes, lyonnais takeaways, lyonnais beer, lyonnais taxis etc.
.................at least we've got Everton Mints  nod
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 10, 2018, 02:29:26 PM
Reply #2989

boothill

What's International Space Station got to do with this?
The food is out of this world

February 10, 2018, 08:05:33 PM
Reply #2990

Makis

The food is out of this world
And the views to the field are spectacular.

February 16, 2018, 07:06:05 PM
Reply #2991

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 16, 2018, 07:51:02 PM
Reply #2992

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Won't delay us at all really.

Just means the area between us and town will remain a shit show of rubbish square office blocks because the past is more important than the future.

thankfully the people who think that wern't around 100-150 years ago or the past they're so worried about now wouldn't have been built in the first place.

February 16, 2018, 07:51:26 PM
Reply #2993

Jamokachi

More delays?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-43083262

UNESCO are cowards and full of hot air. Nothing will come of their bravado.

February 16, 2018, 07:57:41 PM
Reply #2994

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Won't delay us at all really.

Just means the area between us and town will remain a shit show of rubbish square office blocks because the past is more important than the future.

thankfully the people who think that wern't around 100-150 years ago or the past they're so worried about now wouldn't have been built in the first place.

Had so many missed opportunities in the city because of stuff like this.

February 16, 2018, 08:00:48 PM
Reply #2995

Toddacelli

"Unesco expressed "deep concern" about the 30-year project, and said the development could affect the character of the area."

I'm sorry, but if ever an area was in dire need of it's character being affected - it's that area. What is the point of these historical features if no-one ever goes to that part of town. We need to take measures to protect what is there but how many people go there on a daily basis? 100? 50? 20?

There will be tens of thousands appreciating the area once the new Blue fortress is built - many from all over the UK and, hopefully Europe too.

THAT will be a world heritage site worth keeping.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 16, 2018, 08:02:42 PM
Reply #2996

74Blue

More delays?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-43083262
Personally, I'd be tempted to call their bluff and offer to package their shitty plaque and pop it in the post to them.
What does Liverpool actually gain from the UNESCO status. We have some fabulous architecture in this city. A fucking plaque and the seal of approval doesn't make it any more or less beautiful.
People come to Liverpool because of the Beatles and, although it pains me to say it, to worship at Big Fuck Off Stand FC. They come to Liverpool because of some of the achievements of people who were born and bred here. They come because it's a fantastic city, not because a gang of UNESCO pricks decided it was a World Heritage Site.
Tell them to fuck right off. We have to move with the times.

February 16, 2018, 08:05:25 PM
Reply #2997

van der Meyde

Had so many missed opportunities in the city because of stuff like this.
I'm being curious, rather than argumentative, but like what? I can't really think of anything personally?

February 16, 2018, 08:17:19 PM
Reply #2998

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'm being curious, rather than argumentative, but like what? I can't really think of anything personally?

Will Allsops cloud was stopped because of heritage fears. The first plans for King Edward tower (and the 2nd i think).
The Lime street regeneration was put on hold for a decade due to it. (the road, not the area around the station - that had other issues).
Edge Lane has been stopped from being widened in areas due to the types of houses it would have had to bulldoze.

The city then went through a great little period of building anyway - Liverpool One, the Met Quarter, Mann Island, Old Hall Street and the ongoing sensor city.
The credit crunch outright stopped 2 major schemes (jennifer & central village). Jennifer, albeit in slightly scaled back form, has been able to pick back you again.

But CABE (manchester based) and English Heritage (London based) have interrupted/delayed/stopped quite a bit of work in this city.

February 16, 2018, 08:26:31 PM
Reply #2999

Thornton_19

UNESCO is a lot of bollocks. I've never decided against going on holiday somewhere based on wether or not they have world heritage status.
What a load of nonsense.