December 11, 2017, 07:53:31 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Apollon Limassol  (Read 12283 times)

September 29, 2017, 06:10:02 PM
Reply #840

Lxxx

I've only known us be different levels of shit too. It just feels like an effort these days. Truth is I don't really much enjoy football anymore. Haven't watched a full game of anyone else for a at least a couple of seasons and now Everton are a lot of effort. Surely there should be some level of enjoyment

This. I cancelled Sky and BT as I just can't be arsed watching football anymore. Time was a few years ago I used to follow Everton home and away and after that used to watch any football on the telly, used to look forward to Super Sunday of one game after the other all day, usually with a hangover.
Maybe it's age, maybe it's now I have a family but I only really stream Everton games now and even that's a chore these days.

September 29, 2017, 06:12:11 PM
Reply #841

SANA_DR0

It's a free country, no one is forcing you to watch your team. I will be though. We've been fucking worse than this in my lifetime and when I started supporting the team that's exactly what I signed on for - supporting through thick and thin. I see some people on here and the way they react and I worry about their character. When times are tough you either get behind those things you claim to love or you fuck off. Well I know which one I'm doing

Same here, late 80's, early 90's even in the 2000's, we have struggled hard. always stuck with my team, but under Koeman, its like we have no heart, no soul, the players pass the ball sideways/backwards as fast as they can, so they dont make a mistake, its like they dont even believe in the managers tactics or style, thus it cant be implemented.

I feel Koeman doesnt have the heart and thats showing in the lack of desire on the pitch from most the players,
I know we have bee shit, like utterly shit, many many times, under Royle or Moyes, we where fucking terrible, but in those terrible games, we knew we had fucking heart and that we could sneak a 1-0 due to our tactics and heart, so many 1-0s. solid defense but shit otherwise.. but that heart was always there.

If we where 2-1 down. 13 mins to go, just had a player sent off.. no way would we have even attacked the opposition never mind scoring a goal, i cant see this Koeman team doing that, to me thats down to the manager, the players have the heart, Koeman just cant motivate them, let alone have a game plan or tactic that even if we play shit, we can still nick it..

I know many think Moyes was shit and backwards,  but as said,  He knew how to motivate, he knew how to frustrate the opposition and sneak wins. Wish Koeman could do half of that.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 29, 2017, 06:13:49 PM
Reply #842

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I've only known us be different levels of shit too. It just feels like an effort these days. Truth is I don't really much enjoy football anymore. Haven't watched a full game of anyone else for a at least a couple of seasons and now Everton are a lot of effort. Surely there should be some level of enjoyment

There should. There was for me last week against Bournemouth,. Not the overall performance, but the win being snatched. I actually get more enjoyment from wins in these type of situations than when we expect to win. Growing up in the 1990s with Welsh rugby at its lowest ebb you got to savour the wins because of the rarity of them. If sport has taught me anything it's that the bad times will pass just as the good ones do. Thick and thin mate, that's me. Even in the darkest days I've never given up watching any of my sides. I won't start now
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 29, 2017, 06:19:42 PM
Reply #843

SANA_DR0

This. I cancelled Sky and BT as I just can't be arsed watching football anymore. Time was a few years ago I used to follow Everton home and away and after that used to watch any football on the telly, used to look forward to Super Sunday of one game after the other all day, usually with a hangover.
Maybe it's age, maybe it's now I have a family but I only really stream Everton games now and even that's a chore these days.

Id been like this for a long time, only watching streams of Everton games.. since 2010 or so, i just wasnt interested in the other teams/players anymore.. but before that time i used to watch as much as i could.
But i found it pointless knowing all the players/teams/history, so much wasted energy. regardless if we (Everton) lose now, i dont take it to heart and it doesnt effect my life at all,, its just like watching a show,, i got no personal control over it, so why get angry... this season i've felt somethign new tho.. i think its embarrassment... 
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 29, 2017, 06:25:26 PM
Reply #844

everton1952

Football on Sky BT is brilliant. The European Champions League this week was marvellous to watch, great teams, great players. Then I drag myself to Goodison to watch possibly one of the worst displays I have seen for many, many years.  Although I can't see Everton sacking him at this stage,  I  also can't see Koeman turning this around, as he has clearly lost the players. Granted some of the players are utter shite, such as Sandro, Williams, but other better players seem to have lost everything. Gana who was a good player last season has been awful since the start of this season. Admittedly injuries have made necessary  the terrible combination of Holgate and Williams. A real danger is that this kind of abysmal performance which brought out anger and abuse from the crowd, will badly affect the confidence and development of the younger players. I was really sorry for Jonjo at right back with a floundering Davies in front of him. 

September 29, 2017, 06:25:54 PM
Reply #845

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Id been like this for a long time, only watching streams of Everton games.. since 2010 or so, i just wasnt interested in the other teams/players anymore.. but before that time i used to watch as much as i could.
But i found it pointless knowing all the players/teams/history, so much wasted energy. regardless if we (Everton) lose now, i dont take it to heart and it doesnt effect my life at all,, its just like watching a show,, i got no personal control over it, so why get angry... this season i've felt somethign new tho.. i think its embarrassment... 

It's called growing up lads. Responsibilities get in the way. I was the same, with football and rugby. Now it's just Everton, The Blues and Wales.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 29, 2017, 06:27:49 PM
Reply #846

Macca77

I can relate to this, used to look forward to going to our games or even watching them, I can't be arsed anymore, even when they equalized last night, it didn't bother me at all, I expected it. I then apologized to my kids on the way home, its my fault they support Everton, so they need to prepare themselves for everlasting heartache and disapointment.

September 29, 2017, 06:30:18 PM
Reply #847

SANA_DR0

It's called growing up lads. Responsibilities get in the way. I was the same, with football and rugby. Now it's just Everton, The Blues and Wales.

I think its more than that.
As stated the post above by Everton 1952,. i guess he's way older than us (no disrespect) but he still enjoys all the games watches them all.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 29, 2017, 07:21:39 PM
Reply #848

everton1952

Back in 1952...... the boys' pen cost 9 old pence.

September 30, 2017, 06:23:21 AM
Reply #849

gizzblue

I can relate to this, used to look forward to going to our games or even watching them, I can't be arsed anymore, even when they equalized last night, it didn't bother me at all, I expected it. I then apologized to my kids on the way home, its my fault they support Everton, so they need to prepare themselves for everlasting heartache and disapointment.
We've all have to apologise to those who follow our footsteps of being blue at some point .

October 01, 2017, 03:12:36 AM
Reply #850

Toddacelli

Devastated for Sandro. I was so excited at him joining but he looks possibly the least confident player I have ever seen in a Blue shirt.

When is FuMo back?    :(

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates