December 12, 2017, 04:19:57 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Match Ratings versus Liverpool
« Last post by Confucius on 8 minutes ago »
Go on, just admit it, you didn't see the game. ;)

HAHA! I did watch it. On a massive screen with 3 tiny kids jumping all over me as much as possible.
« Last post by Gash on 16 minutes ago »
Yeah he struggled but I remember many tackles and stopping Salah getting a cross into him having to back track and play a less dangerous ball. All on his weaker foot. If Baines had played right back and played similarly we would all be applauding him.

Salah is currently playing better than Ronaldo. Let that sink in. And Cuco Martina kept him relatively quiet while playing in the wrong side.

Go on, just admit it, you didn't see the game. ;)
« Last post by Confucius on 18 minutes ago »
I am and in my opinion he was poor and those stats aren't going to change that opinion, football isn't played on a sheet of paper. It's not just my opinion, I'm not sure if you saw the game but all through it people were saying he struggled and even the commentators mentioned he had a hard time.

Yeah he struggled but I remember many tackles and stopping Salah getting a cross into him having to back track and play a less dangerous ball. All on his weaker foot. If Baines had played right back and played similarly we would all be applauding him.

Salah is currently playing better than Ronaldo. Let that sink in. And Cuco Martina kept him relatively quiet while playing in the wrong side.
« Last post by Gash on 28 minutes ago »
Sure you might not rate him and it might be justified, by at least try to critique his performances objectively.

I am and in my opinion he was poor and those stats aren't going to change that opinion, football isn't played on a sheet of paper. It's not just my opinion, I'm not sure if you saw the game but all through it people were saying he struggled and even the commentators mentioned he had a hard time.
I hope we're pushing for it whether it's beyond us or not.
« Last post by TheRam on 31 minutes ago »
Thought he was dreadful myself like.

He wasn't fouled in the goal he was just pathetically weak as usual.

It's negligent that we have such a sub standard player getting regular game time here.

His grim little limp he does every game hoping he gets sub winds me up as well.
« Last post by Confucius on 36 minutes ago »
He was poor and largely has been since he arrived, that's a fact.

He has largely been poor yes, true. He wasn't poor Sunday. He had one of the worlds in form players against him and bar one Worldey of a goal(which he was fouled in the build up to) Salah was kept relatively quiet.

Important stats for a defender like clearances, interceptions and tackles show him have had a much better game than poor.

Sure you might not rate him and it might be justified, by at least try to critique his performances objectively.
« Last post by Gash on 42 minutes ago »

Yeah, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

He was poor and largely has been since he arrived, that's a fact.
« Last post by Confucius on 48 minutes ago »
Why? He's generally been poor.

He probably had higher stats because most of their play was coming down his side, his only saving grace was they took Salah off. I wonder how many of these tackles and clearances were after he was subbed? He might have been playing out of position but it doesn't change the fact that even playing his correct position, he's not very good.

Yeah, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10