December 14, 2017, 04:36:55 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Sunderland  (Read 37672 times)

November 18, 2010, 06:11:04 PM
Read 37672 times

Thomas

So lads, thoughts?

Confidence out of 10?

Score Prediction?

Is this an Important Game?

Team You'd Select?

How do you think we've performed away from home so far?

Where you there when Cahill slotted his header last minute on NYE?  ;) (didnt Dean Whitehead hit the post like 4 times)

Current Negatives

Current Positives

Fire Away.

:thumbsup:

November 18, 2010, 06:49:51 PM
Reply #1

bloody scally

Not confident after our performance against Arsenal- our frailities were exposed.

5 out of 10 confidence

Sunderland 2-0 us

Every game is important. I feel as if this game will prove testament to the current mental state of the team- whether they are arsed as much as they used to be.

Mucha - Baines - Jagielka - Distin - Neville - Piennar - Heitinga - Fellaini - Coleman - Cahill - Yakuba

So, so. Just a reflectory on our overall form.

Current Negatives- Mentality, Lack of drive, Lack of directness, Can't create the space for a shot, Mikel Arteta, Heitinga seems to only be playing to impose himself, Jagielka still is not solid...

Positives- Tim Cahill, Coleman is doing ok, Disitn seems to be doing well, Moyes should that he was brave/not entirely clueless in bringing off Neville (Coleman to RB) and Arteta then throwing three strikers up top against Arsenal.

November 18, 2010, 07:06:36 PM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

Mucha - Baines - Jagielka - Distin - Neville - Piennar - Heitinga - Fellaini - Coleman - Cahill - Yakuba

Fellaini's banned.

November 18, 2010, 07:08:57 PM
Reply #3

evertonjoe

Mucha - Baines - Jagielka - Distin - Neville - Pienaar - Heitinga - Fellaini - Coleman - Cahill - Yakuba

Mucha's shit.

R.A.P Music

November 18, 2010, 07:16:44 PM
Reply #4

Ridge

Yakuba only works in water

November 18, 2010, 07:17:17 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Same team as Arsenal with Saha swapped for Yak.  Give arteta  a half to prove himself and if he under performs switch for rodwell.  Bent out for them is a huge miss.  Two nil to us.  Moyes has given me hope this season as he has been pretty much bob on with his observations as to what is wrong. 

November 18, 2010, 07:34:12 PM
Reply #6

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

November 18, 2010, 10:14:55 PM
Reply #7

gemine69

Howard, Neville, Baines, Jags, Distin, Heitinga, Coleman, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Saha.  2-2 draw, with Timmy and Beckford scoring after coming on as a sub.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

November 18, 2010, 11:13:58 PM
Reply #8

cantoffee

Is Anichebe back yet? My God do we ever need him.

November 19, 2010, 12:56:54 AM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Is Anichebe back yet? My God do we ever need him.

I thought he was close and played a reserve game a few weeks back. What is the news now?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 19, 2010, 02:43:50 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Depends which Sunderland tirns up. After beating Chelsea away their going to be super confident about this one.

Under the circumstances, I'd take a draw right now.

November 19, 2010, 05:17:11 AM
Reply #11

Mahoney

I wasn't there when Cahill slotted in his header, but remember it fondly.

I think this game will be an improvement on the Arsenal performance and I would expect to see Yakubu start. Funnily enough, I wonder if Moyes might start with two up top?? We seemed to create a lot of chances when more strikers came on against Arsenal, so don't be surprised to see a 4-3-3 with Cahill sitting just behind two strikers (so probably more of a 4-3-1-2).

Arteta keeps his place in my mind and I think we'll see a different game from him this week. (I wonder how much of playing against Cesc was playing on his mind in that game??).

All that said, a draw would be taken right now if offered as they will be in a boyant mood as will their fans. Expect a large crowd for this game.   
It's getting pretty serious.

November 19, 2010, 01:04:27 PM
Reply #12

Alex

Going to need Coleman on form, I don't see much creativity coming down our left side. Baines will have his hands full with Onuoha (and possibly Malbranque if he plays on the right) and Pienaar seems to cut inside all the time now. Its strange how we only seem to have 1 flank available to attack, never both. Are our CMs mobile enough to provide the cover or is it just an inevitability of the possesion football that Everton play?

Defense-wise I think we're solid, Distin is becoming more and more valuable to the team. He'll be able to cope with Bent as long as Bent doesn't break the offside trap. Jagielka vs Gyan is going to be a hell of a battle. Rodwell could well be in for a shout at DM, he could play Henderson out of the game.

November 19, 2010, 02:30:28 PM
Reply #13

nomorechang

RIP
Even if Bent plays he's not going to be 100% but Gyan is dangerous and a decent finisher so will have tobe taken care of , Someone will have to get a grip of Cattermole before he starts trying to bully our midfield , Johnny from last season would have just pissed all over him .. we need him back , Taking Mikel out for a game or two , dropping Cahill back into midfield to give it a bit of bite and playing any two from Becks , Louis and Yak is a novel idea ... won't happen though ,
I don't read too much into their victory over Chelsea , decent performance but don't forget a shite Liverpool team have just turned Chelsea over , Newcastle battered Sunderland a few weeks ago and we're well capable of doing it . I cant really comment on Henderson , I've not seen him play until the England game and he never impressed me there ... obviously different circumstances now but is he better than Jack Rodwell ? I suspect not
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 19, 2010, 06:34:04 PM
Reply #14

Sprooly

going to my mates to watch this who is black cat so we better fkn win