October 18, 2018, 06:41:25 AM

Author Topic: Moyes possibly leaving West Ham  (Read 4298 times)

February 06, 2018, 03:37:13 AM
Reply #30

Lxxx

These frauds of players we have would get any manager sacked

Conte will be sacked soon and if a miracle happened and he ended up here it wouldn't be long before our shithouse players would have him chased out the club too
Big enough frauds to cost over 250m. Yes they're not world beaters and the squad is unbalanced but let's stop this constant talk as if we're playing with championship level players like someone like Huddersfield. We're massively under-achieving with the quality we have and we haven't had managers with the ability to get the best out of them. That's the real issue here.

February 06, 2018, 03:44:03 AM
Reply #31

TheTone

Big enough frauds to cost over 250m. Yes they're not world beaters and the squad is unbalanced but let's stop this constant talk as if we're playing with championship level players like someone like Huddersfield. We're massively under-achieving with the quality we have and we haven't had managers with the ability to get the best out of them. That's the real issue here.

What quality do we have exactly?

February 06, 2018, 03:58:42 AM
Reply #32

blueski

Heard Victor Anichebe is possibly leaving his club in China also
Nil Satis

February 06, 2018, 04:08:53 AM
Reply #33

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 06, 2018, 05:45:59 AM
Reply #34

Jamokachi

He wasn't sacked

Irks me that people count him as being a full time manager, and especially when they accuse him/the board of being sacked. He was a caretaker.

February 06, 2018, 05:52:54 AM
Reply #35

Ravardo

He managed the club well on a budget and brought in some great players so id be more inclined to see him as maybe dof rather than manager

February 06, 2018, 05:55:29 AM
Reply #36

bluestevie

FFS people really need to move on from Moyes, he had 11 years here, thats more than enough for someone who didn't win a single trophy in his time here
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 06, 2018, 02:47:30 PM
Reply #37

Cozzie

Whilst I don't want Moyes back, I do however, don't think it's out the question for people to wonder or be a bit curious as to what he could do with a bit of money behind him.

If you look since Moyes took over in 2001/2 up to the present day, you have to say over all he did the best job out of Martinez, Koeman or Allardyce since.

Granted Martinez had that 72 point season but it was mainly off the back of Moyes organised defence before he went full blown Martinez.

Granted I don't want him back but it does interest me what he would be able to achieve here in the current set up where he wouldn't be exclusively working in the loan market.

February 06, 2018, 02:54:36 PM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

I'll be honest. I've always rated him, no matter how he left. He's a good manager and I'd have him over the current incumbent any day.

The more time that passes, the better Moyes' time looks.

As others have said though, best to move on now and get someone new.

I still proper rate him as a manager, and if gets a few seasons at one club, I think he'll do well for them.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 06, 2018, 02:56:36 PM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

These frauds of players we have would get any manager sacked

Conte will be sacked soon and if a miracle happened and he ended up here it wouldn't be long before our shithouse players would have him chased out the club too

Load of old toss that, T.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 06, 2018, 02:57:10 PM
Reply #40

Lazarou

Not that I would anyway advocate a return of Moyes in any capacity, I would happily go back to the days of having no money but having players and a Manager that appear to care, the players look fit and look interested in playing for Everton as opposed to what we have now. Surely there must be someone out there who can come in and do what Moyes did but with a bigger budget.

Careful what you wish for eh?
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

February 06, 2018, 03:54:39 PM
Reply #41

Macca77

Pains me to say this but I'd have him back over Allardyce, that's how bad we are.

February 06, 2018, 04:11:49 PM
Reply #42

sirblue57

An even worse shout than getting him as manager
Really? Explain this. But think of the players he brought in first, and the budget he worked with. It would be fascinating to see the logic in your response.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 06, 2018, 04:16:41 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

He managed the club well on a budget and brought in some great players so id be more inclined to see him as maybe dof rather than manager

No-one did due diligence like Moyes when he had to rebuild a squad with little money to do it with. It's easy to slag him off in hindsight but the Moyes/Kenwright axis was a good one for us and worked well.
If Kenwright was younger and we had a more forward thinking manager the DoF shout might have been a good one but we've moved on as a club now.

February 06, 2018, 04:26:47 PM
Reply #44

Gash

Global Moderator
Really? Explain this. But think of the players he brought in first, and the budget he worked with. It would be fascinating to see the logic in your response.

He had scouts like anyone else, he might have had the final say on who we bought but it's an absolute myth that he personally discovered these players and negotiated the prices. A lot were also bought in a time where you could still get quality for under 5m.