June 19, 2018, 07:54:44 PM

Author Topic: Oumar Niasse  (Read 34573 times)

March 12, 2017, 02:05:03 AM
Reply #210

Toddacelli

Clearly didn't show anything in training though did he, hope you're not suggesting Koeman is a poor judge of ability/potential ?

He is proving to be wrong here though. Niasse's touch and finishes today were quite brilliant.

He didn't sell him though did he? Didn't show enough to be worth a chance here but was sent out on loan. Probably still hasn't done enough for a chance here but he's been put in the shop window.

It's a bit of a non-argument. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other, right or wrong, it is simply a developing situation.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 12, 2017, 02:13:07 AM
Reply #211

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Take the money, whatever it is, and move on. Same with Cleverley and Del.

And Mc Geady !

March 12, 2017, 02:24:07 AM
Reply #212

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's shit but I am not sure he is Enner Valencia shit now. Still he was getting nowhere near the side and it's a good move for everybody

Valencia's done a job here and has helped turn the tide in games a few times.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 12, 2017, 02:26:33 AM
Reply #213

everton1952

If Hull go down Niasse will be back with us. He will not stay at Hull. Back to square one, we need a buyer to get rid of him and his wages.

March 12, 2017, 02:34:36 AM
Reply #214

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Valencia's done a job here and has helped turn the tide in games a few times.

He has and Niasse may not have done. It's a redundant argument but Niasse and Valencia don't seem world's apart in ability

March 12, 2017, 02:58:49 AM
Reply #215

toffee_scot

If Hull go down Niasse will be back with us. He will not stay at Hull. Back to square one, we need a buyer to get rid of him and his wages.

Well I'm hoping that if Niasse scores a few more goals to make his tally close to 10, then even if Hull get relegated then another club would go for him like maybe Newcastle or some other Premier League club with relegation worries.

March 12, 2017, 03:13:03 AM
Reply #216

blue slug

Even mcgeady looked awesome today, Grayson was creaming his pants over him, hopefully get a tenner for him

March 12, 2017, 04:46:11 AM
Reply #217

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Lets stop this nonsense. The lad's poor, he's started 2 games in the Premier League since he moved to a poor team, fighting relegation without a goal scorer yet he still can't get a start on a regular basis.

I don't agree with the way he was treated here but lets not make out that we're missing a valuable member of the squad or that he's anywhere near the quality we want here.

So in a poor team used mostly as a sub he has scored 4 goals. Surely a better option than Kobe and Valencia and that is my point. He is obviously no world beater but is a decent player who can score in the premier league. We only have Lukaku as a striker in our team who can score goals.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 12, 2017, 05:09:28 AM
Reply #218

Gash

Global Moderator

So in a poor team used mostly as a sub he has scored 4 goals. Surely a better option than Kobe and Valencia and that is my point. He is obviously no world beater but is a decent player who can score in the premier league. We only have Lukaku as a striker in our team who can score goals.

Your point was that Koeman got it wrong, he hasn't because Niasse is a poor footballer. Is he better than Kone, probably not but Koeman clearly doesn't fancy him either that's why Calvert-Lewin gets a game when fit and I've no problem with that. Valencia's on loan so there's no problem with that either and while a limited footballer he's had a couple of decent cameos and has worked pretty well with Lukaku.

His two goals today have helped, now on paper he looks like a one in three striker at Hull, at 4pm today he was a one in five striker. His new manager clearly doesn't fancy him and even played the goal machine Abel Hernandez in front of him, that's why he's used as a sub. He's a poor player so lets not dress it up as anything more just because he's getting a couple of goals now and then.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:13:01 AM by Gash »

March 12, 2017, 05:14:28 AM
Reply #219

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He looks to me like he suits defensive sides

He isn't good enough for a top side but he will get goals on the break cos of his pace

He doesnt and didn't have enough for us. That's that
Simply simply lovely

March 12, 2017, 05:35:32 AM
Reply #220

MmmBlueRamirez

Nice to see his value rise again today.

All is not lost with Niasse.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 12, 2017, 06:02:26 AM
Reply #221

Evertonian in NC

I assume at this rate, he could be Mayor of Hull if he wanted.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 12, 2017, 04:32:22 PM
Reply #222

Lxxx

All he's doing is earning himself a move somewhere and enabling us to get some money back. Good luck to the lad.

March 12, 2017, 04:40:30 PM
Reply #223

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Niasse probably will never be in our team plans, even if he does improve I just think he's not a Koeman type player, look at Ageuro, one of the best strikers in the world and Pep just doesn't seem to like him, similar with Sturridge at the shite (I'm not saying Niasse is anywhere near as good as them btw).
 But to suggest that he can do nothing to prove he isn't shit is a bit too far. Strikers need to score goals to prove people wrong, if he carries on scoring then it kind of proves he isn't as shit as we first thought.

Best of luck to him
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 12, 2017, 06:33:41 PM
Reply #224

KoemansNumberTens

I honestly think his biggest issue with koeman is his contract. Whatever he's earning koeman thinks it's way too much and so the attempts to force him out.
Is he any good? Probably not in terms of what we need going forwards but I think he may have been used given our lack of attacking options in the short term if it wasn't for his relatively big wages