March 30, 2017, 09:32:06 PM

Poll

Are we going to make it into Europe? New poll x 2.

Yes we'll make it to the Champions league.
1 (6.7%)
Yes we'll make it to the Uefa places. Top 6
2 (13.3%)
No we won 't make Europe
0 (0%)
We'll finish in seventh and go through in the league cup place.
12 (80%)
Would rather give Europe a miss this season.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Are we going to make it into Europe?  (Read 11307 times)

February 19, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

Being in Europe is great for the fans with trips away, but I dont think it would do the team any good. We need a bigger, top quality squad to do a Europa campaign justice. Another season to build up to this will be better Imo.

Rubbish. We're not a top 4 side who would view the Europa League as an inconvenience in a push for the title.
We've spent the past few years in the wilderness, playing games in Europe and a chance to win another bit of silverware is what we're all in football for.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:30:38 PM by Lxxx »

February 19, 2017, 09:54:42 PM
Reply #31

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon Manure will win the league cup, Spurs v Chelse or Man City final, now we just have to do our bit and hang on to 7th !

February 19, 2017, 10:33:04 PM
Reply #32

Evertonian in NC

Though it would be a fucking blast to see Lincoln City in Europa.  Just like how I want to see Foxy Footy win the Champions League whilst getting relegated.  Entropy is fun!!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 20, 2017, 12:38:43 AM
Reply #33

Shogun

Administrator
Good draw for us.

Chelsea v Man United
Middlesbrough v Huddersfield/Man City
Tottenham v Millwall
Sutton/Arsenal v Lincoln
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 20, 2017, 12:49:31 AM
Reply #34

MartinezsLeftTeste

Good draw for us.

Chelsea v Man United
Middlesbrough v Huddersfield/Man City
Tottenham v Millwall
Sutton/Arsenal v Lincoln

Just gonna post this. Couldn't really have gone better. Probably odds on that all the semi finalists will be top 6 sided now. Need Utd to beat Southampton in the league cup and 7th gets us in Europe

February 20, 2017, 01:17:57 AM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sit back and watch us get 8th lol
Trumpcare. It's like Trump University, but you die.

February 20, 2017, 02:03:10 AM
Reply #36

blueski

its hard - with all these small teams getting this far my heart wants them to win

I mean how amazing would it be if Sutton United with their small ground and tremendous goalkeeper beat Arsenal
Nil Satis

February 20, 2017, 02:14:14 AM
Reply #37

Lxxx

its hard - with all these small teams getting this far my heart wants them to win

I mean how amazing would it be if Sutton United with their small ground and tremendous goalkeeper beat Arsenal

That would still leave a favourable draw for us as one of the non-league sides would go out in the semis and also have the benefit of seeing Arsenal in meltdown which might spread to their league form.

February 20, 2017, 03:31:19 AM
Reply #38

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Rather we get into Europe by the front door than just skulking around the back entrance waiting for someone to fuck up and sneak through like some desperado. Yeah it's fine if we do, the rules are set out for everybody but it should only be a reward for teams who win things or try and win things and come close to it at least.

Finishing 7th and getting a reward for it is a bit pathetic really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 20, 2017, 04:14:34 AM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Rather we get into Europe by the front door than just skulking around the back entrance waiting for someone to fuck up and sneak through like some desperado. Yeah it's fine if we do, the rules are set out for everybody but it should only be a reward for teams who win things or try and win things and come close to it at least.

Being on a permanent windup is similarly a bit pathetic.

February 20, 2017, 04:23:50 AM
Reply #40

efcforlife

What's the cut off for a reward then?

Using your logic only first would be winning then? The rest are simply losers?

Not much point in any European competition then really is there.

Elite only?

February 20, 2017, 04:42:27 AM
Reply #41

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Being on a permanent windup is similarly a bit pathetic.

Nope just an opinion. I'd rather we qualify by achieving something ourselves than through others failures myself.

What's the cut off for a reward then?

Using your logic only first would be winning then? The rest are simply losers?

Not much point in any European competition then really is there.

Elite only?

What ever the rules are set out are fine but us "qualifying" because others fail to "qualify" has never been my idea of success. Just an opinion.

I'm also of the opinion that European football isn't the bee all and end all.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 20, 2017, 04:45:01 AM
Reply #42

MartinezsLeftTeste

Is it? 3 cups? 3 European places and everyone else is beaten about the ass and thighs with sticks then?

February 20, 2017, 04:54:41 AM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nope just an opinion. I'd rather we qualify by achieving something ourselves than through others failures myself.

What ever the rules are set out are fine but us "qualifying" because others fail to "qualify" has never been my idea of success. Just an opinion.

I'm also of the opinion that European football isn't the bee all and end all.

I'd rather only champions of each country play in the champions league, and not 2nd, 3rd and 4th place losers, but it isn't like that anymore.

I'll take skulking through the back door if needs be.
Trumpcare. It's like Trump University, but you die.

February 20, 2017, 04:54:50 AM
Reply #44

Major Clanger

Given that football is a zero-sum competitive game, the two are the exact same thing.

Every single game we win is through the failure of the opposition, and we can only win anything if everyone else fails to do so.

(If I was a better man, I probably wouldn't mention here that just the other day you defended vigorously a club that considers a 4th place finish, and thus qualifying to the CL, equivalent to a trophy. But I'm not, so I do.)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel