March 30, 2017, 09:30:16 PM

Author Topic: Paper talk  (Read 4177 times)

March 07, 2017, 09:53:40 PM
Reply #30

Major Clanger

And it works both ways too. How would anyone be able to buy a player?

A transfer window for managers would be a good idea though.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 07, 2017, 10:13:07 PM
Reply #31

bacon sarnie

I believe Koeman decided to come from Southampton to us whilst still under contract due to Southampton's policy of making money on players sales. They didn't back Koeman in the transfer market properly. We are doing what he required to come here. From what I can see he has scruples. I think he will honour his contract if we give him the tools to achieve things. He definitely doesn't like being fucked about and Southampton cut their nose off to spite their own face. I truly believe he's starting to love the club.

Agreed. But money always walks and bullshit talks. Or summit like.....

March 14, 2017, 04:47:33 PM
Reply #32

Ramjam

The Sun is now selling Gueye to Arsenal, how nice of them.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 14, 2017, 05:31:10 PM
Reply #33

formerKHL

todays bullshit..

tomorrows chip paper...

March 20, 2017, 01:44:22 AM
Reply #34

trueevertonianpaul

I must say I was pissed off this morning when I heard on the Sunday supplement that rom shud go to Chelsea because their are bigger club. It took Charlie wyett to say everton are bigger.
The rest of them didn't mention the backing we have from moshiri or new stadium. Even mention barkley leaving. Which I think won't happen.
Is it me or are the press arrogant????

March 20, 2017, 01:46:34 AM
Reply #35

Macca77

It's nothing new, happens all the time

March 20, 2017, 01:50:52 AM
Reply #36

Mayor Farnum

Don't watch these programs any more. Full of stuff like that.

March 20, 2017, 01:54:07 AM
Reply #37

trueevertonianpaul

Chelsea were mostly mid-table before the Russian takeover. Man city were mid-table before their takeover WTF.

March 20, 2017, 02:06:49 AM
Reply #38

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck 'em. There is a Royal Blue revolution coming and all these sycophantic cunts will try to worship at the Everton altar. And they will be rejected for their previous ignorance and wankerism
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 20, 2017, 02:13:17 AM
Reply #39

toffee_scot

Just the reality of the Sky era. Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool...are considered more click bait because they have larger fan bases so any article mentioning them will get more views and interest. That's why many articles talking about Everton will be about selling Barkley and Lukaku to one of the Sky anointed clubs, the key words will be weighted towards the potential buying club.

All we can do is just keep defying the media and piss them off. Maybe one day if we do break into the top four and were to do so on a more regular basis, they might take us much more seriously.

March 20, 2017, 02:23:06 AM
Reply #40

Alanvideo

I watched that too . In fact ,two of the journos thought Lukaku should stay for another season at least. They all agreed that we could be serious top 4 contenders next season.
Generally though ,the media don't rate us . The guy from The Independent was very dismissive of Everton at the moment but he did look like a school prefect so probably was in his pram last time we won anything.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 20, 2017, 06:25:46 AM
Reply #41

Ramjam

I must say I was pissed off this morning when I heard on the Sunday supplement that rom shud go to Chelsea because their are bigger club. It took Charlie wyett to say everton are bigger.
The rest of them didn't mention the backing we have from moshiri or new stadium. Even mention barkley leaving. Which I think won't happen.
Is it me or are the press arrogant????

Don't worry to much Paul, Everton are bigger than Chelsea, Man City and Spurs, just look at what we have won compared to them. And our new era is just about to get some traction, Fuck them all
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 20, 2017, 06:40:58 AM
Reply #42

Heisenberg

Make no bones about it  Koeman will be off when a big club come in. But I don't think he needs another step up the ladder before this, people are noticing him now. He will go from us to Barca/Munich type teams when one comes calling. Arsenal aren't in this bracket of clubs any more

March 20, 2017, 03:34:37 PM
Reply #43

Toddacelli

In the 100 years between 1900 and 2000 Everton won honours in 7 out of 10 decades and have consistently been a big club throughout history playing a major part in the story of football itself.

Unfortunately, this means very little these days. Anyone under 40 will struggle to remember Everton as a real force in football.

The other night on TalkSport (I know! I know!) they were saying 'apart from the 80's what have Everton ever done and I nearly took the next junction to turn around and head down the M1  to deliver some 'education'.

It's how the world looks right now. But the times, they are a-changing...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 20, 2017, 03:53:32 PM
Reply #44

Rhys

Make no bones about it  Koeman will be off when a big club come in. But I don't think he needs another step up the ladder before this, people are noticing him now. He will go from us to Barca/Munich type teams when one comes calling. Arsenal aren't in this bracket of clubs any more

I'm not slagging Koeman off here but taking aside his name and how good a player he was, what has he done as a manager that would make a Bayern type club go for him? Barca link I get because he played for them and they tend to like managers there with a link to the club. But for the very top clubs would 3 Dutch titles and 2 cups from over 10+ years ago be enough for them to choose him over some of the top managers in the world?

His record in England with Southampton was very good for what they expect, he is getting us back on track and will finish top 7 again this year. But an Arsenal why would they go for Koeman over say Allegri who is possibly off from Juve in the summer when he will have won 4 Serie A's this decade, a couple of cups got to a champions league final and still got a chance to win it this year. Or a Bayern/other top club look at him over say Simeone with what he has done at Atletico. Even someone like Pochettino at Spurs who hasnt won anything over here yet would be higher on those clubs list because of where he has taken them to.

The other side of it is we are paying Koeman is top top level already I think he is 7th or 8th best paid in the world, he is already being paid more than Allegri and Simeone. I dont see the top clubs looking at his managerial record and what theyd need to pay him and thinking he is the best option. I think for Koeman to get a top job or be considered seriously for them he needs to over-achieve with us and probably win something. If he he can use the next 2 seasons to get us into the CL and win a trophy then they might look and think he is in a place where he should be considered.

And if he does that then jets off to Barcelona or Bayern then so be it!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:55:07 PM by Rhys »