May 01, 2017, 03:30:29 AM

Author Topic: Match Ratings versus WBA  (Read 1142 times)

March 11, 2017, 11:41:48 PM
Read 1142 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Robles 7 - solid and pulled off the couple of saves he needed to. Confident with the ball at his feet

Baines 6 - was doing okay before he went off without doing anything outstanding

Jags 7 - unspectacular but got the job done and a calm head

Williams 7 - a more stable, assured performance than of late

Coleman 7 - full of running and a good threat down the right side

Mirallas 7 - usual mix of frustrating and effective, he's always capable of that goal

Barry 7 - good range of passing and benefited from time on the ball

Schneiderlin 7 - a very well taken goal and looked what looks to be a standard for him, composed

Davies 7 - he struggles a little in the more advanced role but his industry and pressing caused West Brom problems and he showed glimpses of his quality

Barkley 8 - his ball retention and strength is excellent, his use of the ball was largely spot on and the goal threat and assist was there on top of that MOTM

Lukaku 8 - his hold up play and use of the ball was excellent, particularly first half and if he wants a goal he's going to get one

Subs

Mori 5 - can't be overly critical though, he's as much a left back as I am

Gueye 6 - thought we lost some shape when he came on but he nearly got a 4th and worked hard

Calvert Lewin 6 - worked hard in his limited time, nice to see him back

March 12, 2017, 01:08:48 AM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Robles 7 - solid and pulled off the couple of saves he needed to. Confident with the ball at his feet

Baines 6 - was doing okay before he went off without doing anything outstanding

Jags 7 - unspectacular but got the job done and a calm head

Williams 7 - a more stable, assured performance than of late

Coleman 7 - full of running and a good threat down the right side

Mirallas 7 - usual mix of frustrating and effective, he's always capable of that goal

Barry 7 - good range of passing and benefited from time on the ball

Schneiderlin 7 - a very well taken goal and looked what looks to be a standard for him, composed

Davies 7 - he struggles a little in the more advanced role but his industry and pressing caused West Brom problems and he showed glimpses of his quality

Barkley 8 - his ball retention and strength is excellent, his use of the ball was largely spot on and the goal threat and assist was there on top of that MOTM

Lukaku 8 - his hold up play and use of the ball was excellent, particularly first half and if he wants a goal he's going to get one

Subs

Mori 5 - can't be overly critical though, he's as much a left back as I am

Gueye 6 - thought we lost some shape when he came on but he nearly got a 4th and worked hard

Calvert Lewin 6 - worked hard in his limited time, nice to see him back

Pretty much agree with all of that, could probably make an argument for Coleman on an 8, but that's about it.

Today was just a great team performance, and great tactics, not 1 individual played way above everyone else, it was good to see.

I do like the way we set up for certain teams though, and don't just have 1 way of playing. We didn't take 1 proper corner today (from what I can remember), which must be because WBA are all giants.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 12, 2017, 01:25:43 AM
Reply #2

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with all ratings today @Silas  Got our 2 Best players right aswell  :thumbsup:

March 12, 2017, 01:47:04 AM
Reply #3

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I had us to win 3-1 with Morgan first goalscorer today at 40/1 - so for letting me down they all get 2/10.

Only joking. Agree with Silas
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 12, 2017, 01:52:00 AM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna watch the game in ten mins. I imagine silas ratings will be pretty much bob on tho
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

March 12, 2017, 02:10:49 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty much agree with all of that, could probably make an argument for Coleman on an 8, but that's about it.

Today was just a great team performance, and great tactics, not 1 individual played way above everyone else, it was good to see.

I do like the way we set up for certain teams though, and don't just have 1 way of playing. We didn't take 1 proper corner today (from what I can remember), which must be because WBA are all giants.

Definitely re the corners.

There were people moaning around us that we weren't just sticking it in tha box despite the fact that we'd just had a good chance off one of them. That would be bad enough if they didn't moan about hitting the first man loads when we do take normal corners!

March 12, 2017, 06:57:35 AM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We did score from a cross and header so a few direct corners might of worked
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 12, 2017, 01:37:37 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We did score from a cross and header so a few direct corners might of worked

The other good headed chance that Lukaku had came from a short corner out to Baines who beat his man and changed the angle.

The ball going all the way out to him completely changed their shape as they're moving out towards the ball rather than just concentrating on their man.

As a result Lukaku was reasonably free.

The 3rd goal was open play drawing one CB to Barkley as moving the other to the near post hence Lukaku was left to lose the full back with his movement.

That's as opposed to a packed area from a corner where he's marked by a CB.

March 12, 2017, 05:20:12 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I was skeptical of the short corners but they weren't aimless they led to a decent cross or chance more often than not and made WBA change their shape as @GLewis said. We aren't an aerially dominant side so we need to try different things

March 12, 2017, 06:30:00 PM
Reply #9

MartinezsLeftTeste

I was skeptical of the short corners but they weren't aimless they led to a decent cross or chance more often than not and made WBA change their shape as @GLewis said. We aren't an aerially dominant side so we need to try different things

That's what I'm really enjoying about having koeman in charge. He tries different things depending on who we are playing. We never really know how we are going to set up tactically from week to week. He's always looks to find little areas where we can gain an advantage. Doesn't always work. Think he got it wrong against Spurs but he can't always win. Under Martinez it just seemed to be the same week in and week out and that was even when it turned to shit

March 12, 2017, 09:26:41 PM
Reply #10

everton1952

Disagree with 8 for Barkley, a 9 from me. I thought he was excellent, both in quality of his play and his industry. Koeman has transformed him. Was not too happy  about the tactic to kill the game off in the second half while it was 2-0, although I accept the professionalism behind it.  I know the tactic worked a treat and WBA did not get a sniff. But WBA were poor and could have been hammered. The 3rd goal produced a roar of relief following the sheer boredom of the 20 minutes before it.   Fortress Goodison is well and truly back. Now we must try and perform well against the "better teams" coming up down the line.

March 14, 2017, 09:00:30 PM
Reply #11

formerKHL

whats the difference between say a 5 and a 6.....or a 6 and a 7?

how do you factor the difference ?

March 14, 2017, 09:06:32 PM
Reply #12

Robioto

whats the difference between say a 5 and a 6.....or a 6 and a 7?

how do you factor the difference ?

The difference is, players with a 7 played better than a player with a 6 and a player with a 6 played better than a player with a 5 in the opinion of the person rating.

March 14, 2017, 09:50:16 PM
Reply #13

everton1952

sarcasm gets you a long way. I know what he is getting at. 0-4 is crap, 5-7 is average to good and 8 upward is very good.