June 25, 2017, 03:42:20 PM

Author Topic: [News]Baines suffers back injury as McCarthy struggles with fitness again  (Read 1940 times)

March 17, 2017, 01:40:25 AM
Reply #45

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Any one know how baines is doing, fitness wise

Should be fit to play according to RK.

March 17, 2017, 01:53:33 AM
Reply #46

ally2

March 17, 2017, 01:58:33 AM
Reply #47

Major Clanger

nah I hate Luke Shaw.  No idea why mind

It can't be anything he himself did, as he's barely done anything in the first place.

But the media taking him under their wings and touting him as the best thing since the invention of Ashley Cole was nauseating, particularly while at the same time they were slagging off Baines who played a lot better than him.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 17, 2017, 02:04:25 AM
Reply #48

Toddacelli

He deserves a chance under Koeman.

He got injured in pre season so hasn't had the chance to show Koeman what he's got.

I get the feeling Koeman would like him as a player.

Although, maybe we would be better off getting rid of both Besic and McCarthy and spending that money on a quality centre mid.

This is a really good option in my opinion. McCarthy's had flashes of excellent but never produced regularly. Besic looks like a really clever footballer, but was sometimes trying to be too clever - but I'll put that down to youth.

Unfortunately, I don't feel either are going to take us forward so this should be on the cards.

I would be happy for the lad if Besic got another year with us - either going out on loan or trying to break the first team - but sometimes it just doesn't work for a player and the price of McCarthy plus Besic would probably make a decent dent in a very good replacement.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 17, 2017, 05:32:54 AM
Reply #49

Ramjam

Shaw named in the England squad, hardly kicked a ball for 18 months but there you have it. Perhaps it's a Man U thing
WE ARE THE PEOPLE