December 12, 2017, 02:43:42 AM

Poll

Europa yay or nay?

We're all going on a European tour
56 (96.6%)
Brexit
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Europa League hindrance or help  (Read 3266 times)

March 13, 2017, 03:11:01 AM
Read 3266 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm made up we are likely in Europe again but some are already grumbling. What do you think?

deCoubertin

March 13, 2017, 03:12:27 AM
Reply #1

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
cant wait for it. More games to watch, hoping to get out for a game or two abroad this time. Better to recruit players, shows we are going in the right direction....Champions League is the aim but i think we need a couple of Europa League runs before we head to the top.
I have to return some videotapes.

March 13, 2017, 03:13:51 AM
Reply #2

Macca77

We will have a squad strong enough to cope

March 13, 2017, 03:14:53 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We have the money to buy good starting players meaning those in the current first team will become squad players, so we will see strength in depth. Looking forward to being in Europe again.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

March 13, 2017, 03:16:48 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
As if we're in any sort of position to scoff at the Europa League.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 13, 2017, 03:22:10 AM
Reply #5

Robioto

We need to be in Europe to progress. If for now that has to be the Europa League, great. We should be striving to be in and win every competition we can.

March 13, 2017, 03:23:14 AM
Reply #6

Ross

Regular European football is part of the progress, along with getting to semis and finals domestically.

Nobody but Leicester jumps from zero to hero.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 13, 2017, 03:24:22 AM
Reply #7

kramer0

Aside from winning the Premier League, is there a more exciting way to qualify for the Champions League?

I want us to win this competition. Badly.

March 13, 2017, 03:28:29 AM
Reply #8

Thornton_19

With Europa League it will help us not only attract a higher calibre of player. It will ease the burdon of FFP and allow to increase our wage budget, this will allow us to cope better with the extra games.

In previous years in Europe we barely had any money to spend and our squad was always tiny. Hopefully with our newly found wealth we will be able to cope better!

March 13, 2017, 03:30:38 AM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Regular European football is part of the progress, along with getting to semis and finals domestically.

Nobody but Leicester jumps from zero to hero.

This.

It's the first step to the next level.

If you let it hinder you season then you only have yourself to blame.

March 13, 2017, 03:31:48 AM
Reply #10

KoemansNumberTens

Plus we need the seeding points. We don't want to qualify for the champions league and end up playing the best side in the draw

March 13, 2017, 03:32:15 AM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

March 13, 2017, 03:34:33 AM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I for one can't wait to see the blues play some team in Chernobyl in mid July. 

March 13, 2017, 03:45:30 AM
Reply #13

phillyt

Last time it was used as an excuse by Martinez and his fans. I never bought into that. The worst run during that season came during the period the EL was on a break. It is a stepping stone to the CL and it has challenges that need to be and can be overcome with skilled management and some ambition and drive. Personally I can't wait to see us back on a European stage. Onwards and upwards.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

March 13, 2017, 03:47:50 AM
Reply #14

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Last time it was used as an excuse by Martinez and his fans. I never bought into that. The worst run during that season came during the period the EL was on a break. It is a stepping stone to the CL and it has challenges that need to be and can be overcome with skilled management and some ambition and drive. Personally I can't wait to see us back on a European stage. Onwards and upwards.

I don't remember Martinez using it as an excuse to be fair.

Infact he actually embraced it.