June 25, 2017, 03:38:06 PM

Author Topic: Who To replace Lukaku?  (Read 4560 times)

March 14, 2017, 11:44:26 PM
Read 4560 times

Toddacelli

I think this needs it's own thread.

Whoever we get in to replace Lukaku - this is going to be an absolutely critical purchase.

Remember when we hadn't had a prolific striker for a long time and we were doing cartwheels over Jelavic? We need a proven goalscorer and the level of replacement we get for this will prove how serious are intentions are.

Who do you want?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 14, 2017, 11:46:27 PM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We going to have to spend over 25M for someone pretty average like a Rondon or Joshua king. Sad but true.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 14, 2017, 11:49:32 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

I've said before that the money side is ridiculous but I think we need to spend as much of the Lukaku money on his replacement as poss.

That's not spending 60M+ on a Rondon - that's buying someone who is worth 60M+ in today's market

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 14, 2017, 11:54:35 PM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

Batshuayi or however you fucking spell it
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 14, 2017, 11:56:16 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Batshuayi or however you fucking spell it

Not a bad shout. He looked decent before he took a year off.

March 14, 2017, 11:56:24 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna be some woeful shouts in here.

March 15, 2017, 12:01:51 AM
Reply #6

duncandisorderly

Going to be difficult to replace him, Rom is probably in the top 10 strikers in the world now, what top class striker is going to want to come here to play Europa league football, at best. Going to have to take a chance on up potential stars, up and comers if you will, we need another striker anyway so will need at least two, probably three.

March 15, 2017, 12:03:37 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's going to be Rooney and Niasse tearing up the Prem league next season
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 15, 2017, 12:04:56 AM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's irreplaceable. We're going to have to change the way we play and get players for front positions who can score and not be reliant on one player.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

March 15, 2017, 12:06:40 AM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Agbonlahor?
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

March 15, 2017, 12:08:01 AM
Reply #10

Robioto

Just three good young players and the type of player I think we should be looking at.

Andre Silva (Porto) - Will probably get a bigger move but he is a very good young player, 21 y/o. 2nd top scorer in Portugal this season. 4 in 5 for Portugal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Silva_(footballer)

Andrea Belotti (Torino) - Top scorer in Serie A, been linked to Barca in recent weeks, 23 y/o.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Belotti

Mauro Icardi (Inter)
- Inter stuggling, may not get Europe, he's thier captain, Italy international and score goals. 24 y/o.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauro_Icardi

I don't think we'f have much chance of getting any of these, but this is just an example the type of player we should be looking at in my opinion, young and to an extent proven. It will be so so hard to replace Lukaku if he does go... Had a really hard time thinking of anyone.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:10:23 AM by Robioto »

March 15, 2017, 12:09:04 AM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If you're about to come into this thread to say 'what about Charlie Austin, surely he's worth a punt' please log out.

March 15, 2017, 12:10:29 AM
Reply #12

Ross

Yakubu probably got another 4 or 5 good years left.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 15, 2017, 12:12:35 AM
Reply #13

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Is Iheanacho a possibility. Not featuring much. Good player though.

March 15, 2017, 12:13:32 AM
Reply #14

Lxxx

To be honest most shouts will sound shite as we'd be comparing them to Lukaku and they will inevitably come up short. Whoever we sign to replace him will get a moan because no-one at his level will want to come here so we're going to have to take a punt of sorts. Maybe we'll change the way we play but whatever we do it's gonna be an unknown quantity until we see how it pans out on the pitch.