March 30, 2017, 09:28:44 PM

Author Topic: Who To replace Lukaku?  (Read 3265 times)

March 15, 2017, 01:19:55 AM
Reply #60

charlatan

Might not be such a bad thing.  Rinse whoever for as much as we can, and blurt it all on a replacement who can bring others into the game as well as score, and a proper no 10.

Might make us a better team, and start sharing the goals around.  Lukaku plays for himself, and always has done.

March 15, 2017, 01:21:05 AM
Reply #61

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I really hate threads like this one, no offence todd.
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

March 15, 2017, 01:22:11 AM
Reply #62

Duncs_a_legend

could have had him in the summer but turned our noses up

add a zero to his fee now

Or maybe 2
They only paid 500k for him and were saying Chelsea would have to pay around 40m for him in January.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 15, 2017, 01:22:16 AM
Reply #63

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I thought of Giroud too but I've just Wiki'd him and he's knocking on 31

I'd rather Rooney.

But neither address the long term problem.

Do people think that having Rooney at the club will make us more attractive to strikers (play with and learn from) or less attractive (won't get a game coz the 'big name' will have to play)?

Giroud still seems capable of leading the line regularly...Rooney, very hard to see that now. That said, I didn't realize he was 31 either...probably best to look elsewhere.

March 15, 2017, 01:23:40 AM
Reply #64

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Might not be such a bad thing.  Rinse whoever for as much as we can, and blurt it all on a replacement who can bring others into the game as well as score, and a proper no 10.

Might make us a better team, and start sharing the goals around.  Lukaku plays for himself, and always has done.

From the BBC: Lukaku has been directly involved with 51% of the goals we've scored this season.

He is selfish, he is a forward after all but there is far more to him than that.

March 15, 2017, 01:25:10 AM
Reply #65

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Dembele from Celtic?

So hard to gauge anything from scoring in the SPL.

March 15, 2017, 01:25:35 AM
Reply #66

charlatan

there is far more to him than that.

Last few weeks apart, his hold up play is dreadful.  99% of the time, if he isn't scoring he may as well not be on the pitch

March 15, 2017, 01:27:02 AM
Reply #67

Toddacelli

I really hate threads like this one, no offence todd.

None taken bud.

It's really because I don't see a lot of football these days so news of Lukaku going really does leave me out in the cold not knowing what will happen.

Hearing about some of these players that the bods who know European football recommend makes me feel better - like there are options out there beyond Rooney, Deeney and Austin shouts. Can you believe some prick even mentioned Agbonlahor?   ;)

Anyways, I think what @kramer0 and one or two others mentioned about getting 2 strikers is also an important point. Not only were we over-reliant on Rom - but he was a beast who was very rarely injured too. We will struggle to replace his quality (almost impossible) but 2 good strikers will at least give us depth, options and hopefully, competition.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 15, 2017, 01:27:10 AM
Reply #68

TheTone

if we sign that scorpion cunt Giroud I'm going to lose my shit big time

March 15, 2017, 01:33:13 AM
Reply #69

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Last few weeks apart, his hold up play is dreadful.  99% of the time, if he isn't scoring he may as well not be on the pitch

His hold up play remains a work in progress...but 51% of our goals this season says he has been involved. Also, from the prospect of replacing him that's a scary stat.

March 15, 2017, 01:35:43 AM
Reply #70

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
None taken bud.

It's really because I don't see a lot of football these days so news of Lukaku going really does leave me out in the cold not knowing what will happen.

Hearing about some of these players that the bods who know European football recommend makes me feel better - like there are options out there beyond Rooney, Deeney and Austin shouts. Can you believe some prick even mentioned Agbonlahor?   ;)

Anyways, I think what @kramer0 and one or two others mentioned about getting 2 strikers is also an important point. Not only were we over-reliant on Rom - but he was a beast who was very rarely injured too. We will struggle to replace his quality (almost impossible) but 2 good strikers will at least give us depth, options and hopefully, competition.
The issue is tho that bar one or two on here it's just names off fifa or football manager

The first name mentioned for instance was batashuyi..... How many of us on here have watched Belgian league or French league football in the last four years? Cos he ain't done a tap at Chelsea for 6 months... Also the lukaku slagging off, it's not that high this time, is just laughable. Here is a lad who has scored twenty goals three years on the bounce, two seasons of dross too. This season he has 19 goals and five assists, only sanchez has contributed more yet he offers nothing and contributes little.

Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

March 15, 2017, 01:36:20 AM
Reply #71

BlueBeagle

Remember when people thought Bony was a better option than Lukaku?

lolol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:40:29 AM by BlueBeagle »

March 15, 2017, 01:45:05 AM
Reply #72

Toddacelli

The issue is tho that bar one or two on here it's just names off fifa or football manager

The first name mentioned for instance was batashuyi..... How many of us on here have watched Belgian league or French league football in the last four years? Cos he ain't done a tap at Chelsea for 6 months... Also the lukaku slagging off, it's not that high this time, is just laughable. Here is a lad who has scored twenty goals three years on the bounce, two seasons of dross too. This season he has 19 goals and five assists, only sanchez has contributed more yet he offers nothing and contributes little.

I guess. But I am genuinely interested in who people want to see here too.

The Benteke shout made me wince.

And I don't have time for those who slag him off. He's our best player. He's been great for us. He's stayed longer than most of us thought. When he goes they'll bring the transfer fee in a couple of lorries and when it's all been counted we can rebuild for the future.

IMO the best chance we have to replace Lukaku is to get another Lukaku: some young striker from a top club who can't get a go at the minute because he plays the same position as Messi but would be great for us. Someone like that alongside a Rooney or some other experienced player and good money invested elsewhere and suddenly there is life after Romelu.

Have we still got good relations with Barca?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 15, 2017, 01:48:47 AM
Reply #73

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
So realistically I think we are looking at trying to sign a striker with Prem experience and a striker from elsewhere as an unknown. So probably looking at Bat-I- thingy from Chelsea or maybe Benteke? How has he been at Palace? And has he ever got over that injury? As for a punt? Our scouts have been to Feyenord quite a bit recently. Who's there?

Again, looking at things objectively, while he is undoubtably quality and I don't want him to go, as a team we are starting to look like a team that is gelling. Midfield is looking pretty good, we are creating chances. We will be ok
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 15, 2017, 01:57:11 AM
Reply #74

MartinezsLeftTeste

Dembele from Celtic?

I'm be very worried about him. He's playing for a premier league quality side in a league 2 quality league. Think I'd get 10 a season playing for Celtic. The money they'd want for him would be a huge risk