May 22, 2017, 10:28:07 PM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku rejects new 140k per week contract  (Read 40261 times)

March 15, 2017, 01:27:31 AM
Reply #45

chang

Takes me just shy of seven years to earn 140,000

:eh:

March 15, 2017, 01:27:52 AM
Reply #46

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He never seems to be over happy when playing for us and doesn't show any  passion or respect for our club and all the hype he is now getting has added to him thinking even more so that he is better than he is. He has improved this season but last season he was poor particularly in the last 3rd! Would love him to stay but if he goes at least we get good money to get someone else!

Lets be in no doubt if he doesn't sign this new contract he will be sold provided that our asking price is met.

We need to sort out who is going to replace him and go and get them. This will probably hasten Rooney's arrival and in such circumstances he would be of use as a striker together with another expensive aquisition .

Think keeping our manager is far more important to continue on our current progressive path

You make a good point there, he has never shown any great happiness or "kiss the badge" style passion, his demeanour after scoring is more of a "businesslike" response, I.e. This is my job, this is what I do.
And yes Blue48 , I have read back this drivel before posting.

March 15, 2017, 01:29:47 AM
Reply #47

BlueBeagle

As I said in the other thread, announcing the deal was as good as done before he's actually signed was an absolute no win situation.

Now we look like fucking idiots again after 'Evertons best mate' Jim White was spouting off last week the deal was as good as sealed.

Ridiculous state of affairs but somewhat typically comical Everton.

March 15, 2017, 01:29:56 AM
Reply #48

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think this means he's going this Summer... he wants CL football and he wants it asap.

The two shit seasons going backwards under Martinez have cost us our chance to get there in time with Rom.

I thought when Martinez went backwards in the second season we'd lost our window of opportunity to keep the better players happy. I was kinda surprised he stuck around going into this season, I was almost resigned to him going. It's just a shame when we're finally seeing progress we get this happen.

March 15, 2017, 01:30:44 AM
Reply #49

Evertonian in NC

Everton do hold the cards.  No deals with any Prem clubs except Chelsea or City, and only if selling us Batshuayi or Ihenacho (respectively) is part of the deal.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 15, 2017, 01:31:20 AM
Reply #50

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Will end up doing a Stones.
Hope so..... We really did a good job there. never ever will he be a 50m player

March 15, 2017, 01:31:27 AM
Reply #51

TheTone

saying no to 140K a week eh, bloody hell, think I preferred when we was skint

March 15, 2017, 01:32:45 AM
Reply #52

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
saying no to 140K a week eh, bloody hell, think I preferred when we was skint

In fairness to the lad, it's not at all about the money.

March 15, 2017, 01:41:08 AM
Reply #53

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Remember this !

Romelu Lukaku: Everton boss Ronald Koeman says striker should leave
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37928353

March 15, 2017, 01:42:17 AM
Reply #54

benny

NSNO Subscriber
          but if he had signed the contract wouldn`t that have put up his selling value for the club

March 15, 2017, 01:44:32 AM
Reply #55

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
          but if he had signed the contract wouldn`t that have put up his selling value for the club

The contract had a 90 million pound release clause which is why he wouldn't sign as that was as good as golden handcuffs.

March 15, 2017, 01:47:03 AM
Reply #56

Tinga

As I said in the other thread, announcing the deal was as good as done before he's actually signed was an absolute no win situation.

Now we look like fucking idiots again after 'Evertons best mate' Jim White was spouting off last week the deal was as good as sealed.

Ridiculous state of affairs but somewhat typically comical Everton.

Yup. No matter what happens we always find a way to make a joke out of ourselves.

March 15, 2017, 01:48:39 AM
Reply #57

TrevorSteven

In all fairness it for sure has not been about the money. Its all been about securing Lukaku a move. Everybody knows that he wanted it last year, but as his agent said it is only a handfull of clubs that can afford him. Its been a neat strategy from his agent to alert potential suitors about him close to renew his contract and then nicely turn it down to make everybody a statement - he is leaving.

I think it is very important that fans still cheer for him when he scores and that the club handles this in a professional manner. Its right that Lukaku never kiss the badge or something like that, but its clear for everybody that this is not an emotional guy with a lot of passion - it is more an academic man with a pragmatic approach to his profession and a man with huge ambitions in the game.

In a football world so completely run by business, press and money all players now have grown up with the belief that playing in Champions League is the best thing to do. Its not right, if that was the case a lot of players would have played for FC Copenhagen. In a game with so much attention it is clearly the Premier League which is the best place to be. You get the money, you get passionate fans, its competetive and you get the attention making you feel like Donald Trump.

Thats the card Everton and us as fans has. We should give Lukaku respect but we should ask him to give us respect too, so here is the message I hope we can deliver him:

Lukaku we respect you and your ambitions, you need and desire for Champions League football. We cannot give you that right now, but we need you to understand that we have the same ambitions. Due to our ambitions we kindly ask you to respect that its hard for this club to sell you to a club that can make it harder for us to realise those ambitions. We will sell you as you want but only for a decent fee to a club not competing for the Champions League places we compete for.

I think thats a message Lukaku should understand. It would be crazy to sell Lukaku to Chelsea or Man United and I think Everton and its fans is reasonable in demanding this respect in return. Lets hope he keeps scoring, lets hope us celebrate with him and lets hope we get that big banner up saying: "We respect your ambitions - now respect ours - move abroad"

March 15, 2017, 01:49:11 AM
Reply #58

Paddockoldie

Maybe he's just forcing our hand with the get out clause.. if we agree it he may sign but I'm just grabbing straws. What pisses me off is how it might upset the team especially with the derby on the horizon... just when you thought eh?

March 15, 2017, 01:50:24 AM
Reply #59

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yup. No matter what happens we always find a way to make a joke out of ourselves.

The club never announced the deal was done, only his agent and Jim White, Koeman has always been sceptical.