May 29, 2017, 10:47:34 AM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku: I want to be remembered for winning things with Everton  (Read 1225 times)

March 16, 2017, 06:12:42 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I might be mad but I get the impression he actually wants to stay.

I don't think he's completely "that's it I'm off" either.

He very well could be and probably is. But reading the whole thing shows he's actually really well balanced about things and appreciates that it would mean a lot to win something.

March 16, 2017, 06:13:33 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

He's a bright boy though, very articulate. He should have known where this was going. He could have just said something along the lines of he'd like to wait until the summer but until then he's going to try and fire us into the top 4 to make the decision a little easier! It would have been a positive story to spur us all on in the final run in and not a negative one it has turned into.

Yep, agreed. Always bat those questions away til the summer. Nothing to achieve by bringing it up. Alderweireld's just done it exactly right at Spurs and said 'I'm in the middle of a competition. We'll look at things in the summer' and that shuts the journalists down immediately.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 16, 2017, 06:14:24 PM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yep, agreed. Always bat those questions away til the summer. Nothing to achieve by bringing it up. Alderweireld's just done it exactly right at Spurs and said 'I'm in the middle of a competition. We'll look at things in the summer' and that shuts the journalists down immediately.

But there'll be the equivalents on Spurs forums going "he's deffo off otherwise he'd say he was staying"...

;)

March 16, 2017, 06:22:51 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

But there'll be the equivalents on Spurs forums going "he's deffo off otherwise he'd say he was staying"...

;)

You're more tactful than I am. Where you wrote 'equivalents' I read 'stressheads'.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 16, 2017, 06:25:41 PM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Greg O Keefe saying now we need to give Tom Davies assurances or Spurs rumours will come out about him too

Ace
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

March 16, 2017, 06:32:17 PM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Greg O Keefe saying now we need to give Tom Davies assurances or Spurs rumours will come out about him too

Ace

It's time to step up isn't it?

March 16, 2017, 06:36:11 PM
Reply #21

van der Meyde

Ace
Don't think there's anything wrong with what he's said.

We do need to demonstrate to all of our players that they can fulfill their ambitions here.

March 16, 2017, 06:40:10 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

What next? Robles needing assurances before signing any new deal too? Have we just entered the Twilight Zone?

March 16, 2017, 06:41:09 PM
Reply #23

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's time to step up isn't it?
Looks that way

Moshiri needs to give his big buddy Usmanov a call
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

March 16, 2017, 06:43:05 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think there's anything wrong with what he's said.

We do need to demonstrate to all of our players that they can fulfill their ambitions here.

And it's not been any different though.

I think some have got carried away that players would never want to leave now.

It's all still maybes with regards to the future - even though I'm very positive about it all.

Players can't afford my positivity without much more immediate concrete proof.

I'm not worried about Davies in the slightest though.

March 16, 2017, 06:43:49 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Why do we need to step up? We've been stepping up since Moshiri took over. A few niggles at the start but we're on the cusp of the top 4 with one of the highest paid managers in world football, a new stadium in the offing, no debt and promises of investing heavily in the summer. I'm not quite sure we could do any more in such a short space of time.

March 16, 2017, 06:47:58 PM
Reply #26

van der Meyde

And it's not been any different though.

I think some have got carried away that players would never want to leave now.

It's all still maybes with regards to the future - even though I'm very positive about it all.

Players can't afford my positivity without much more immediate concrete proof.

I'm not worried about Davies in the slightest though.
I don't think anybody is truly worried about losing Tom Davies.

I think O'Keefe's point was that Spurs are currently seen as a massive step up on us, hence the Barkley rumours. You expect the links to City, Chelsea and United because of their wealth, but if we're as ambitious as we all hope we are, there's no way we should be losing someone like Barkley or Davies to Spurs. They shouldn't even be linked to them.

March 16, 2017, 06:48:51 PM
Reply #27

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Why do we need to step up? We've been stepping up since Moshiri took over. A few niggles at the start but we're on the cusp of the top 4 with one of the highest paid managers in world football, a new stadium in the offing, no debt and promises of investing heavily in the summer. I'm not quite sure we could do any more in such a short space of time.

Well I just mean put into actual motion some of these things in the shorter term.

Nothing dramatic but we need to be better in the summer market than last year.

That would have been the case anyway but we've bulled ourselves up through various media things so we just need to make sure that we're doing what we said.

March 16, 2017, 06:49:43 PM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think anybody is truly worried about losing Tom Davies.

I think O'Keefe's point was that Spurs are currently seen as a massive step up on us, hence the Barkley rumours. You expect the links to City, Chelsea and United because of their wealth, but if we're as ambitious as we all hope we are, there's no way we should be losing someone like Barkley or Davies to Spurs. They shouldn't even be linked to them.

Oh yeah I agree with this.

March 16, 2017, 06:52:39 PM
Reply #29

Bluedylan