August 19, 2017, 01:11:55 AM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku: I want to be remembered for winning things with Everton  (Read 1408 times)

March 16, 2017, 06:55:51 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

I don't think anybody is truly worried about losing Tom Davies.

I think O'Keefe's point was that Spurs are currently seen as a massive step up on us, hence the Barkley rumours. You expect the links to City, Chelsea and United because of their wealth, but if we're as ambitious as we all hope we are, there's no way we should be losing someone like Barkley or Davies to Spurs. They shouldn't even be linked to them.

Let's see how Spurs get on in the next month without Kane. He seems to be pivotal to everything they do so a few scratchy results and we'll see where they sit come the north London derby. They're a well drilled side with a good manager but they're not far enough ahead for one of our better players to be thinking of going there.

deCoubertin

March 16, 2017, 07:10:31 PM
Reply #31

van der Meyde

Let's see how Spurs get on in the next month without Kane. He seems to be pivotal to everything they do so a few scratchy results and we'll see where they sit come the north London derby. They're a well drilled side with a good manager but they're not far enough ahead for one of our better players to be thinking of going there.
I thought they must have done pretty well without him earlier in the season, but of the 8 league and CL games he missed during his injury, they only won 3 of them.

Surprised by that.

March 16, 2017, 07:16:50 PM
Reply #32

formerKHL

Two points on this...

1. The story has been totally twisted to sell papers and give Jim White a radio show..

2. It's actually a big wake up call to EFC and the board.

March 16, 2017, 07:20:11 PM
Reply #33

BlueNoseMike

I genuinely don't think we are too far behind Spurs. They are much  further down the current 'project' and are very well drilled.

They finished 5th on 64 points in their first season and I don't remember them pulling up too many trees as they adjusted to his methods. Do think we can kick on next year.

I think the main difference between the teams is in that centra defensive area (2 CBs and GK) and the creative department (Eriksen). They have the best partnership in the league and have it for quite some time. Eriksen up front supports Kane and Alli as well, which is better than any options we have there

In all other areas we can match them, Barkley can match Alli, Lukaku (if he stays) and Kane, the holding midfielders, our pressing has improved too. Maybe their full backs are marginally better than ours

VVD and Keane and a creative wide player, whether it be Sigurdson or someone else and I'd fancy us against them 100%