October 20, 2017, 06:28:18 AM

Author Topic: Everton need to make a strong statement of intent now  (Read 2054 times)

March 16, 2017, 09:54:48 PM
Read 2054 times

formerKHL

damage limitation.....

"we're looking at buying X,Y & Z this summer window"...

get it out there NOW..before it's too late...

deCoubertin

March 16, 2017, 09:56:56 PM
Reply #1

Lincs Toffee

All that would do would hike up the prices when we come knocking.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

March 16, 2017, 09:58:10 PM
Reply #2

formerKHL

so what..doesn't mean we're going to get them..

the alternative keep shtum and lose your top scorer and top players

March 16, 2017, 10:00:38 PM
Reply #3

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 16, 2017, 10:01:41 PM
Reply #4

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
damage limitation.....

Do we tell "X, Y and Z" or do we just leak it to the papers?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 16, 2017, 10:03:12 PM
Reply #5

formerKHL

Do we tell "X, Y and Z" or do we just leak it to the papers?

tell jim white..he'll make a 3 hour show out of it..name drop everyone he knows and soon every fkker will know..

March 16, 2017, 10:03:33 PM
Reply #6

Major Clanger

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 16, 2017, 10:03:49 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

so what..doesn't mean we're going to get them..

the alternative keep shtum and lose your top scorer and top players

So assuming they did declare who we wanted and got none of them what would that prove? Talk is cheap actions are whats needed. Id prefer we dont say  anything, the window opens we do our business early then thats it.
Im also thinking that Rom isnt going to sign on the say so of the board, he got told last season we were in for Perez, Sissoko and Koulibaly to name a few and didnt get any so why would he believe us now!!?

March 16, 2017, 10:04:36 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

damage limitation.....

Are you a Kopite or just a WUM?

March 16, 2017, 10:05:32 PM
Reply #9

Lincs Toffee

I don't think we can show much more intent than we are doing at present, we have FFP to comply with for starters which will restrict what we can do, for me we are making the right noises...wanting new players, offering increased salaries, the likelihood of a fantastic new stadium. What is out of our hands is making us more attractive to those top players than we are....we can want top players day in and day out, but if they don't want to come for whatever reason then that is out of hands, we can only sugar coat us so much.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

March 16, 2017, 10:06:02 PM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

damage limitation.....

Mate, calm down. These are things that happen at every club. The sky isn't caving in.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 16, 2017, 10:08:58 PM
Reply #11

formerKHL

So assuming they did declare who we wanted and got none of them what would that prove? Talk is cheap actions are whats needed. Id prefer we dont say  anything, the window opens we do our business early then thats it.
Im also thinking that Rom isnt going to sign on the say so of the board, he got told last season we were in for Perez, Sissoko and Koulibaly to name a few and didnt get any so why would he believe us now!!?

this exactly...isn't this whats happening right now !! my point exactly...

March 16, 2017, 10:09:53 PM
Reply #12

formerKHL

Are you a Kopite or just a WUM?

good sensible response...name calling....says it all

March 16, 2017, 10:13:44 PM
Reply #13

Ross

tell jim white..he'll make a 3 hour show out of it..name drop everyone he knows and soon every fkker will know..

Not sure they got it to stretch to 3 hours but this has already been done a week or so back.

Somebody posted how Jim White said on Talksport *he'd been told Everton would be making 4 huge signings this summer*

*.Or similar words to that exaggerated effect.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 16, 2017, 10:14:22 PM
Reply #14

formerKHL

Mate, calm down. These are things that happen at every club. The sky isn't caving in.

never said it was mate...read the threads... methinks it's exactly the tone of them all...

at the end of the day it's all bolloxxx...nice to see some clarity of thinking..