December 17, 2017, 04:11:15 PM

Author Topic: [News]Calvert Lewin delighted with first Everton goal  (Read 2145 times)

March 19, 2017, 06:16:53 AM
Reply #15

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I was impressed with the lad.

Looked at times like a little bit of arrogance showing through aswell once he got his goal. The odd la croqueta and even a back heel first touch to try and put himself through.

Love all that like.
La croqueta?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

deCoubertin

March 19, 2017, 06:19:11 AM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Yeah I haven't seen much that stands out about his game yet tbh. Not to write him off, but I suspect his gametime might be more to do with our lack of forward options rather than his talent. Be surprised if he's near the first team next season.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 19, 2017, 06:28:47 AM
Reply #17

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'll Sound like a right miserable bastard looking at the rest of the comments.

I thought his performance was OK today really, nothing spectacular.

As a winger/ left mid / wide attacker (or whatever his position was) he didn't really offer anything, we just lacked that speed and creativity that Mirallas or Lookman sometimes give us, tbh it was compounded by the fact that we had essentially 3 central players spread right across that midfield, sat in front of 2 central defensive midfielders.
That said, when he got in to the box I was impressed with his movement and obviously his goal.

All in all for his first match back from injury I think we have a lot to look forward to, I'm just not going OTT at the minute.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:31:52 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 19, 2017, 08:20:02 AM
Reply #18

Heisenberg

Have no idea of what type of player he is even after watching him play

March 19, 2017, 08:52:24 AM
Reply #19

ally2

I thought he was a centre forward?

Today he was an inside left allowing width from Baines. But he was not the left equivalent of Barkley.

March 19, 2017, 09:21:25 AM
Reply #20

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah I haven't seen much that stands out about his game yet tbh. Not to write him off, but I suspect his gametime might be more to do with our lack of forward options rather than his talent. Be surprised if he's near the first team next season.

Still started ahead of Lookman and Valencia, mind.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 19, 2017, 12:24:21 PM
Reply #21

Ramjam

I thought he was a centre forward?

Today he was an inside left allowing width from Baines. But he was not the left equivalent of Barkley.

How do you drop the leagues top scorer to accommodate him at centre forward?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 19, 2017, 01:39:51 PM
Reply #22

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thought after his first few appearances that he was just getting thrown in as Koeman was fed up with the senior players not running enough, as his touch seemed well off.

However the two times he's started I've been impressed with him or rather what I think he can develop into.

His movement is quite fluid for a bigger lad and his touch was miles better, I'm assuming a combination of nerves and coming in into big games didn't help.

In some ways it's easier out wide as there's less pressure to be the focal point of the team but equally if that's not your immediate game then it can be easy to look out of place.

And that's where I'd say he's currently at. He doesn't look out of place which is all you can ask of young players just starting out.

March 19, 2017, 02:57:03 PM
Reply #23

Ramjam

I thought he done a great job against Hull and would say he has a bright future at the club, seems to bond well with the likes of Davies and Barkley, full of energy and closing down the opposition, seemed comfortable on the ball and played without fear.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 19, 2017, 03:02:27 PM
Reply #24

ally2

How do you drop the leagues top scorer to accommodate him at centre forward?

I'm just saying people will inevitably judge him but the wing is not his position. I would like to see him up front for the last 10-15 someone maybe when we are winning comfortably. When that happens then the game time he's got already will have been a help.

March 19, 2017, 05:00:42 PM
Reply #25

Everton Mint

DCL must show something really special in training the way Koeman got him straight back into the first-team.

Hope he becomes a real quality striker as it would save us a fortune buying one..

March 19, 2017, 09:15:25 PM
Reply #26

MmmBlueRamirez

DCL must show something really special in training the way Koeman got him straight back into the first-team.

Hope he becomes a real quality striker as it would save us a fortune buying one..

I think he's one of them young lads that is amazing in training but will take time to translate this ability to the bigger arena. The talent is undoubted, the application is getting there and will come with more game time and challenges confidence. Lookman is in the same boat imo.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 19, 2017, 09:51:56 PM
Reply #27

cantoffee

Before yesterday I didn't know what Koeman was seeing in him but I thought he held the ball up well, good first touch, and made good runs. Bit more pace than he has shown before as well.

As GLewis said, didn't look out of place which is good for a young player without much senior game time.

Don't think he'll be near the first team next season if we strengthen though.

March 19, 2017, 09:53:56 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 20, 2017, 06:14:32 PM
Reply #29

stirlingblue

He had an impressive first touch, and even as a forward playing out wide he was happy to take the ball on and try and do something with it.

I think we have to take watching him wide left like watching Coleman play right mid when he first started, nice that he can fit in and do a job, but not really a reflection of how he will fare in his favoured position