June 27, 2017, 12:27:40 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: Our final pass today was terrible!  (Read 1662 times)

March 19, 2017, 02:34:32 PM
Reply #15

BlueBeagle

I don't disagree but I want to see how he deals with a patch of poor form, when the team needs a lift.

He already has and the team the team have been very good in the most part since.

March 19, 2017, 02:51:04 PM
Reply #16

blue1948

I don't disagree but I want to see how he deals with a patch of poor form, when the team needs a lift. (Or the alternative is that he makes sure we never go on a poor run, which I'd be even happier with. :))

When did you wake up ? one win in ten is what I would call a poor patch of form ,love to hear what you think is a poor patch of form

March 19, 2017, 02:53:31 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

I didn't think the final pass was terrible at all. If you look at the first three goals, there's at least one excellent pass leading to all three of them. I thought the build up passes in midfield were the problem yesterday, which is nice to say after a 4-0 win.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 19, 2017, 03:03:50 PM
Reply #18

Ramjam

I didn't think the final pass was terrible at all. If you look at the first three goals, there's at least one excellent pass leading to all three of them. I thought the build up passes in midfield were the problem yesterday, which is nice to say after a 4-0 win.

I get your point bluedylan but I think what Ronnie meant was we could have had 6 or 7 yesterday if the final ball was better in some instances, there definitely was a couple more occasions where we could have made more of our chances
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 19, 2017, 03:17:52 PM
Reply #19

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I thought that prior to the second goal we were snatching at lots of our passes or making the wrong decision not to pass at all.

We got the goals but there wasn't much fluency or control for the most part.

March 19, 2017, 03:19:24 PM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
On a different point I've been really pleased to see the amount of times our CMs are making runs beyond Lukaku into the box recently.

This has been key in breaking down stubborn teams.

March 19, 2017, 03:30:29 PM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

On a different point I've been really pleased to see the amount of times our CMs are making runs beyond Lukaku into the box recently.

This has been key in breaking down stubborn teams.

Tom Davies in particular, I think. His movement has been so crucial to us in the past couple of months. Even on his seemingly quieter days on the ball, he's all over the midfield, always showing for the ball, always creating space for other players. It's a testament to the lad that he's held down a place in this midfield given the options we've had, and I think it shows how much Koeman appreciates his work. Barkley also benefits massively.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 19, 2017, 04:17:54 PM
Reply #22

Major Clanger

When did you wake up ? one win in ten is what I would call a poor patch of form ,love to hear what you think is a poor patch of form

Obviously the period of transition after you take over doesn't count. What we needed then was not a lift, but a reorganisation.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 19, 2017, 07:01:17 PM
Reply #23

blue1948

Obviously the period of transition after you take over doesn't count. What we needed then was not a lift, but a reorganisation.

I am sorry I didn't realize that  a bad run is not a bad run when a new manager has taken over ,I have been out of England for a while and have lost the true meaning of some phrases

March 19, 2017, 07:06:40 PM
Reply #24

Major Clanger

I am sorry I didn't realize that  a bad run is not a bad run when a new manager has taken over ,I have been out of England for a while and have lost the true meaning of some phrases

Apparently you forgot to read too :)

I don't disagree but I want to see how he deals with a patch of poor form, when the team needs a lift. (Or the alternative is that he makes sure we never go on a poor run, which I'd be even happier with. :))

You're welcome. :)

But seriously, what sort of enjoyment do you hope to gain from the deliberate twisting of my words? Why are you doing it? Did I tread on your toes or something?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:09:21 PM by Major Clanger »

March 19, 2017, 07:24:06 PM
Reply #25

blue1948

Still don't see what you feel you meant " but I want to see how he deals with a patch of poor form, when the team needs a lift. " That was what I commented on and yes I did read it .I don't see the twist of words and No as far as I remember you haven't offended me

March 19, 2017, 07:40:11 PM
Reply #26

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Clanger mate, we have had a poor patch of form. We started the season unbeaten in 19 or something and hen couldn't win a game for the next 10. It's why we not top 4. Since the new year we have been on a brilliant run. So Koeman has already got us out of a poor patch and motivated players etc.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 19, 2017, 07:54:56 PM
Reply #27

Major Clanger

Clanger mate, we have had a poor patch of form. We started the season unbeaten in 19 or something and hen couldn't win a game for the next 10. It's why we not top 4. Since the new year we have been on a brilliant run. So Koeman has already got us out of a poor patch and motivated players etc.

What I meant was when you do everything like you've always done (or at least so you think), but still things don't work out for you. When you feel that you've got things right tactically, the players have the ability and the fitness to carry it out, yet you still can't buy a result. Players start to lose faith in your methods, the fans are getting on your back and you've got to stand in front of the cameras after another midweek loss away at Watford or somewhere, and convince everybody that you've got a handle on all this and can turn things around.

The sort of situation that took Moyes half a season to climb out of, and for Martinez, well he never did. Once the players lost their confidence, that was it. When telling the exact truth in public doesn't necessarily help, but neither is pretending that things are just fine.

If Koeman can deal with these blips quickly and without losing credibility, we're onto something really good.

Yes, we were poor at the end of last year but we also had some ready-made excuses and mitigating factors, not least of all the "new manager" honeymoon period.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:01:32 PM by Major Clanger »

March 19, 2017, 07:55:53 PM
Reply #28

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna have to change youor name to Major Caveat fella

March 19, 2017, 08:09:31 PM
Reply #29

cantoffee

Our off the ball movement has come on leaps and bounds since the start of the season. Not just runs from deep but Lukaku moving out wide and us moving into the spaces he creates, always showing for the ball.

Of course when you're in form everyone wants to be on the ball so it'll be interesting to see if we hit a rough patch how our movement changes.