October 21, 2018, 07:13:45 PM

Author Topic: TV rights for live footy  (Read 899 times)

February 14, 2018, 05:16:25 AM
Read 899 times

Macca77

4.4 billion! As expected really, sky win most, bt win some but 2 other packages have remained unsold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43002985
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:17:35 AM by Macca77 »

February 14, 2018, 01:18:26 PM
Reply #1

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
How muvh would they be if they released every match to be shown?
My momma says I'm special.

February 14, 2018, 01:31:20 PM
Reply #2

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
First sign of the tv money bubble bursting? Two packages unsold and internet platforms not bidding as expected.
I say burst - it will no doubt still match or even exceed the previous deal but the huge growth seen in the past appears gone. Perhaps itíll  give rise to more sensible actions from the clubs on their spending and treatment of match goers.
Or itís just going to widen the gap to the CL teams even further...

February 14, 2018, 02:06:59 PM
Reply #3

Alanvideo

First sign of the tv money bubble bursting? Two packages unsold and internet platforms not bidding as expected.
I say burst - it will no doubt still match or even exceed the previous deal but the huge growth seen in the past appears gone. Perhaps it’ll  give rise to more sensible actions from the clubs on their spending and treatment of match goers.
Or it’s just going to widen the gap to the CL teams even further...
..................isn't part of the reason there is now some sort of wholesale deal between Sky and BT ? They don't have to bid against each other with the same aggression.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 15, 2018, 01:01:38 AM
Reply #4

irishtoffee

I'm liking the idea of the 7:45 Saturday night games. Then again it's easy for me to say it as an armchair fan, I won't be the one getting home at all hours from the away trips. Surely there'll be geographical considerations when choosing these and the Friday night games

February 15, 2018, 01:48:38 AM
Reply #5

74Blue

I'm liking the idea of the 7:45 Saturday night games. Then again it's easy for me to say it as an armchair fan, I won't be the one getting home at all hours from the away trips. Surely there'll be geographical considerations when choosing these and the Friday night games
You really think that Sky or BT give a flying fuck about travelling football fans getting home? Like the Premier league consider the fans when "completely randomly" selecting the fixtures for Boxing day or New Years day when public transport is fucking pony.

February 16, 2018, 01:00:28 AM
Reply #6

Ball8y

Here's one that no longer gives his hard earned money to Sky or BT.

February 17, 2018, 10:51:16 PM
Reply #7

Mayor Farnum

The top six, including Chelsea, want to negotiate their own rights to the overseas market as they feel they are the driving force behind the popularity of the Premier League overseas.

Ironic really when you consider that in the days of Division One Chelsea were the main force that wanted to stop the then big five, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Spurs and Arsenal, to be stopped from continuing to negotiate TV rights in their favour as Chelsea and the rest of the Football League considered it unfair.

A threatened breakaway led by Chelsea, Sheffield Wednesday, Villa, and QPR would you believe, eventually led to the formation of the Premier League.

I can't help thinking that ourselves and Chelsea have practically swapped places in the football order of things. If only we were as ruthless as Chelsea are when we had the upper hand.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:08:57 PM by Mayor Farnum »

February 18, 2018, 02:01:24 AM
Reply #8

Alanvideo

I'm so pleased BT are going to lose the 5-30 slot to Sky.  Savage and McManamanaman are the worst pundits on tv. You could get 2 blokes out of the Brick give more intelligent comments.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 18, 2018, 02:22:51 AM
Reply #9

Toffee1

I'm so pleased BT are going to lose the 5-30 slot to Sky.  Savage and McManamanaman are the worst pundits on tv. You could get 2 blokes out of the Brick give more intelligent comments.

The BT coverage is pretty poor all across the board - the only one who says anything worthwhile is Chris Sutton.

Jermaine Jenas (or JJ, as he likes being called, which makes him sound like a reject from a boy band) would give Savage and McMannnnnaaaaman, a run for their money for worst pundit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:58:01 AM by Toffee1 »

February 18, 2018, 06:29:40 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Why? What difference is there from Tuesday or Wednesday night games that kick off at 7.45? None as far as I can see.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

February 19, 2018, 02:43:43 AM
Reply #11

irishtoffee

Why? What difference is there from Tuesday or Wednesday night games that kick off at 7.45? None as far as I can see.
True enough, never even dawned on me for some reason