September 24, 2018, 05:00:12 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Ratings versus Arsenal
« Last post by sam of the south on 1 minute ago »
One thing I’d say about the result was - it wasn’t unlucky or anything. We deserved to lose.

We allowed them to have big chances, including a 3v1 with only Jon joe Kenny in the box. Okay they got a lucky offside call, but 99 times out of 100 they score there so...

We also avoided a simple tap in when Keane managed to get a toe on a square ball across the box, and Pickford made a good save.

The good thing is we made a few chances, but they have elite passers of the ball and whenever they wanted to they made very good scoring chances. We were comfortably beaten, it just wasn’t as much of a bumming as I was expecting.

But do you think one of the reasons they had those big chances is because they have elite passers that manufactured those situations against a rookie right-back, and two cb’s finding fitness that also haven’t played together before?
The Everton Forum / Re: Caraboa Cup 2018
« Last post by Alanvideo on 10 minutes ago »
Is Beni even playing for the U23's at the mo ? or still coming back from injury
The Everton Forum / Re: Arsenal v Everton
« Last post by Escla on 12 minutes ago »
Just seen a video of the liner after giving that second goal seeming to punch the air, must have had a few bob on Aubemyang last goal

He might be a dozy bastard that he didn’t flag it but don’t think anyone would be stupid enough to make that gesture live on tv and in front of a 50,000 crowd, Kopite type conspiracy theory this.
« Last post by pjk on 16 minutes ago »
Yes?

Too many poor passes, too slow decision making wise, lost a lot of good posiitinnal play from him. Seemed ineffective off the ball.

Best spelling of posiitiinnal I've ever seen. It works as well. ;D
The Everton Forum / Re: [News]Silva: Poor decision cost us
« Last post by brap2 on 34 minutes ago »
“Allowing the opposition to have 4 chances on goal in the middle of the box in every single game is costing us” mused Silva.
« Last post by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool on 38 minutes ago »
Linky? :)
The Everton Forum / Re: Ratings versus Arsenal
« Last post by brap2 on 39 minutes ago »
One thing I’d say about the result was - it wasn’t unlucky or anything. We deserved to lose.

We allowed them to have big chances, including a 3v1 with only Jon joe Kenny in the box. Okay they got a lucky offside call, but 99 times out of 100 they score there so...

We also avoided a simple tap in when Keane managed to get a toe on a square ball across the box, and Pickford made a good save.

The good thing is we made a few chances, but they have elite passers of the ball and whenever they wanted to they made very good scoring chances. We were comfortably beaten, it just wasn’t as much of a bumming as I was expecting.
The Everton Forum / Re: Main Striker - Lets have a poll
« Last post by brap2 on 43 minutes ago »
When you're one on one with the goalkeeper in the first minute with a team-mate square for a tap in the quality of the opposition is irrelevant. He didn't even make the keeper make a save. He makes the right decision there and everything goes up a notch. Wouldn't surprise me if the rest of his game yesterday was affected by the simple chance he missed early on.

Probably was. I thought it came a bit early in the game. Looked like he expected to get flagged and before he knew it the ball was stuck under his feet and he was trying to skin cech.

Such a shame, but really you square that without a second thought imo.
The Everton Forum / Re: Silva’s Playbook
« Last post by Lxxx on 59 minutes ago »
We're much better suited to playing away from home. The games we've struggled to create anything in are at Goodison when teams sit back and don't allow us any space.

I hope Silva learns from this and, as much as the crowd won't like it, allow Fulham plenty of the ball in their half so we can do what we do best which is break with pace when there are gaps to exploit. He might have wanted to do that against Huddersfield but would have been wary of the fans frustration not going for them at home, as well as not having Richarlison.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10