December 18, 2017, 07:29:39 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 33542 times)

September 12, 2010, 12:06:00 AM
Reply #285

cantoffee

My new team could use someone like you, can you move and header like any good forward?

Only on occasion, particularly in derby matches, I do like to punch people in their faces though.

September 12, 2010, 12:49:07 AM
Reply #286

5yeararteta

This thread is hilarious.

Full of mini managers with all the answers.

Can I come and watch your teams play next weekend?
yep the under 6,s play this sunday in kent

September 12, 2010, 12:57:12 AM
Reply #287

5yeararteta

To be honest we should have just scored more goals if its that simple. Be where the ball is going to be played, kick the ball where keeper can't reach.

Also Tim Howard should never conceed a goal, as he should be in the way of the ball, just like all good goalkeepers.

I just realised I should have picked the winning lottery numbers rather than the losing numbers I keep picking.

yes mate thats it.

September 12, 2010, 01:06:04 AM
Reply #288

Sharky

told you we wouldnt win without Phil Neville... :snigger:

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

September 12, 2010, 01:07:37 AM
Reply #289

5yeararteta

What smaller player would have held the ball up better than him? Fucking hell that's daft. He doesn't play deep enough to deliver a killer ball, that's not his job, he tends to get on the end of a through ball and one touch to someone else or finish the play.

We shouldn't need more creative players on the field than Arteta, Pienaar, and arguably Baines. We could maybe use a creative player on the right side, and some more power (a combination of Coleman and Anichebe, although that may be dubious defensively), but through the middle and up top we don't need another terribly creative player.

i ment players in general in the league that hold the ball up better than him - not an exscuse for size not to hold up a ball his not tiny.ok my point is without cahill hibbert and osman in out side we would win more games over the space of the year. and as attack mid i think they should offer somethin more than cahill does.

September 12, 2010, 02:02:02 AM
Reply #290

Gash

Global Moderator
Well, that was a bit of a roller coaster. Gutted for everyone that left early.  :snigger:

I thought we played well in the main, but we still have a problem in the final third of the pitch, all the nice passing leads to no end product, and we're still getting caught out at the back to easily. I left the ground feeling like it was a win though, considering we were dead and buried on 91 minutes. Great comeback and great spirit in the team.

September 12, 2010, 08:49:49 AM
Reply #291

Cods

But that was the best team to play. We were more than in the game but for defensive errors. Heitinga letting fletcher go, Baines not closing down either cross and Distin losing Vidic then Distin completely losing the plot.

Yak wasnt fit and you cant have that for 90minutes against United. We needed someone up front who would battle, hold the ball up and give them a tough ride. Cahill did that. Next week, Yak in 100% and play him until he is fit because he is easily our best forward.

What did Hibbert do wrong today? He had a good game, just as he has done every game this season. Osman did ok, not great and should have scored but he isnt a winger but you know what you will get from him whereas Coleman and Bily you dont, which is why he played.

Finally a sensible post in this thread.  A well-reasoned argument. 

The alternative some are suggesting ie. Yak and/or Beckford playing upfront - being given the runaround by the ManU defence, and our midfield overrun, how likely would it have been that we got anything from the game at all?

Our majority of possession was due to Moyes' choice, our control of the game in the large part was due to Moyes.  Best team put out considering the opposition, bar the individual mistakes, could even have snatched it. 

September 12, 2010, 09:47:11 AM
Reply #292

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Well, that was a bit of a roller coaster. Gutted for everyone that left early.  :snigger:

I thought we played well in the main, but we still have a problem in the final third of the pitch, all the nice passing leads to no end product,

You picked a good one to go to Gash. Hope you enjoyed it.

As for the comment, ILB must be thrilled, we almost Arsenal
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...