August 16, 2018, 06:52:53 PM

Author Topic: DC v Everton  (Read 24308 times)

July 24, 2011, 03:53:28 PM
Reply #210

steve81

I think  the heat and humidity forced the players to let the opposition have much more of the ball than they normally would do which gave them more opportunity to test our defence which I think coped reasonably well ... DC were forced in the end to take shots from distance which were dealt with easily by Mucha
yeah it was mostly that de rosario in the second seemed to have plenty of time to run at us and pick out passes

July 24, 2011, 04:41:43 PM
Reply #211

Derek

Can't complain too much. Hopefully the lads are feeling better with each game and are raring to go for the next few friendlies which should be a bit harder and a nice intro to the season.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

July 24, 2011, 04:43:24 PM
Reply #212

montanatoffeefan

Just got back from the stadium. Did anyone see our Boston Evertonians banner next to a big Irish flag?

Yeah, and cheers for that.
Everton forever.

July 24, 2011, 04:45:21 PM
Reply #213

montanatoffeefan

I think  the heat and humidity forced the players to let the opposition have much more of the ball than they normally would do which gave them more opportunity to test our defence which I think coped reasonably well ... DC were forced in the end to take shots from distance which were dealt with easily by Mucha

This. I was surprised our lads didn't just wilt in the second half due to the heat and humidity, which must have been a challenge for players used to playing matches through the winter months in England. Very impressed with the level of effort most put in.
Everton forever.

July 24, 2011, 04:53:10 PM
Reply #214

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It's hard to read too much in to that performance given the conditions and the opposition, but there were certainly positives to be had:

Mucha looked like a good keeper, Barkley and Bily seemed to have a good understanding and both played well, Vellios worked hard although for little reward, and Anichebe played the way that he can when he gets his attitude right.

Definitely a satisfying performance.

July 24, 2011, 05:34:17 PM
Reply #215

efcraz

It's hard to read too much in to that performance given the conditions and the opposition, but there were certainly positives to be had:

Mucha looked like a good keeper, Barkley and Bily seemed to have a good understanding and both played well, Vellios worked hard although for little reward, and Anichebe played the way that he can when he gets his attitude right.

Definitely a satisfying performance.

didnt see any of the game, anybody got any ratings?? sounds like barkley played well according to the thread on him.
intersted on what people made of velios and vic (i  know you touched on it there) also how did gueye do?
twitter: razefc

I'm 25 so big Dunc IS a legend!!