June 19, 2018, 07:55:16 PM

Author Topic: Everton v QPR  (Read 29541 times)

August 21, 2011, 12:18:19 AM
Reply #270

Thom

Administrator
Have I gone back in time to last season?

Possession was all ours but yet again our lack of creativity, imagination, purpose and speed killed us in the final third. It was so pedestrian and everyone in Goodison could see it.

Barkley, Jagielka and Baines were the only ones who played well today. I would have put Howard in there too but the only thing of note by him was picking the ball out of his net. Rodwell and Neville were really poor in my opinion too.

Oh, and fuck off Moyes for that Beckford substitution. I don't think I've ever heard such a chorus of boos at Goodison, whilst I was there anyway.

August 21, 2011, 12:21:32 AM
Reply #271

steve81

Have I gone back in time to last season?

Possession was all ours but yet again our lack of creativity, imagination, purpose and speed killed us in the final third. It was so pedestrian and everyone in Goodison could see it.

Barkley, Jagielka and Baines were the only ones who played well today. I would have put Howard in there too but the only thing of note by him was picking the ball out of his net. Rodwell and Neville were really poor in my opinion too.

Oh, and fuck off Moyes for that Beckford substitution. I don't think I've ever heard such a chorus of boos at Goodison, whilst I was there anyway.
yep theres no pace or movement in the side very pedestrian

August 21, 2011, 02:55:06 AM
Reply #272

Derek

Long list of negatives right there!

Wish Everton weren't in my blood and I could just treat it like a game, as opposed to a massive deal.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

August 21, 2011, 02:56:35 AM
Reply #273

Haile GAZrselassie

As bad as i've seen at Goodison for a long time.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

August 21, 2011, 03:10:46 AM
Reply #274

bluegrant

After going to watch everton for nearly 50 years this has to be the worst tactical changes i have ever seen .
What is moyes playing at 3 forwards on the bench and what does he do takes beckford off  to replace him
with a midfielder, the man has has the tactical brains os a gnat!.Everyones slagging off Hetinga but he is a cb
not midfield who is far better than "hoofball jags"  jags has got to go hes making to many cockups and letting in stupid goals.
Osman and Rodwell were just making up the numbers today .Why doesnt Moyes start playing the youngsters hes bought ?
they have more backbone than the senior players.

August 21, 2011, 03:20:19 AM
Reply #275

Tasslehoff

Well said, I think most of us are at loss to explain the line-up and the changes today.

August 21, 2011, 04:05:08 AM
Reply #276

Gash

Global Moderator
That was worryingly like last season. Can't really add much to what has been said already.

Barkley was the one shining light in an otherwise terrible performance.

The two biggest noises from the crowd were boos when Kenwright appeared on the big screen and more boos when Round called Barkley over to tell him to go to the right, everyone thought he was coming off.

Baffled at being 1-0 down at home and pulling a striker off for a midfielder.

August 21, 2011, 04:45:18 AM
Reply #277

Jonny

What a team, what a fucking team.

August 21, 2011, 04:52:34 AM
Reply #278

Azz

Oh my god we're second of Match of the Day... you know you've either done great or something horrendous when we're this far up the order!

August 21, 2011, 05:55:35 AM
Reply #279

bluestevie

so fucking depressed, was very confident of a result today, even backed beckford to score anytime. spent most of the second half messing with my phone or watching soccer saturday rather than listen to the game. the beckford sub angered me so much, crying out for goals with three strikers on the bench (yes that includes anichebe) and he throws on an extra midfielder? i think unless we bounce back v sheff utd and blackburn this coming week, that we could be in for a long season
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 21, 2011, 12:45:21 PM
Reply #280

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
After going to watch everton for nearly 50 years this has to be the worst tactical changes i have ever seen .
What is moyes playing at 3 forwards on the bench and what does he do takes beckford off  to replace him
with a midfielder,
the man has has the tactical brains os a gnat!.Everyones slagging off Hetinga but he is a cb
not midfield who is far better than "hoofball jags"  jags has got to go hes making to many cockups and letting in stupid goals.

Osman and Rodwell were just making up the numbers today .Why doesnt Moyes start playing the youngsters hes bought ?
they have more backbone than the senior players.
 spot on bluegrant... I've been watching Everton for more than 40 years.... terrible performance today.... hardly surprising though. ...  

Jags has in a shorter spell at goodison made more mistakes and own goals than Yobo.... somehow people still think he is the best defender we have had......   
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:49:41 PM by Polledreng »