August 16, 2018, 01:48:26 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Sheff United  (Read 45149 times)

August 25, 2011, 01:41:37 PM
Reply #435

Bally

Administrator
Yeah they said on the Radio that Barkley's shot was going wide but made up Victor Scored hope that gives him the confidence he needs to kick on this seaason as we need someone who can score goals
It's the roll I way

August 25, 2011, 02:32:54 PM
Reply #436

Macca77

At least I can say to my grandkids in years to come that I was there when Anichebe scored a goal, even though it was a jammy one.

August 25, 2011, 06:57:43 PM
Reply #437

Bally

Administrator
At least I can say to my grandkids in years to come that I was there when Anichebe scored a goal, even though it was a jammy one.

So the fact he was doing his job and in the correct place for a striker to be ... which incidentally is all we have been crying out for ... makes it jammy does it.

It's the roll I way

August 25, 2011, 07:12:53 PM
Reply #438

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
So the fact he was doing his job and in the correct place for a striker to be ... which incidentally is all we have been crying out for ... makes it jammy does it.

Yes.

Favoured players = Get what they deserve.

Non favoured players = Jammy/poor opposition/one-off/anyone could have scored that etc etc

August 25, 2011, 07:30:21 PM
Reply #439

Macca77

Yes.

Favoured players = Get what they deserve.

Non favoured players = Jammy/poor opposition/one-off/anyone could have scored that etc etc

Sad but true, happens with the fans at every football club.

Oh and for the record I have never had a go at him, he just frustrates the life out of me thats all.

August 25, 2011, 07:44:12 PM
Reply #440

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Sad but true, happens with the fans at every football club.

Oh and for the record I have never had a go at him, he just frustrates the life out of me thats all.

That's fair enough, on your personal point, but by claiming that a toddler could have scored it or that it's jammy, it comes across as more than frustration.

And just because it happens at other clubs, or even with other EFC supporters, doesn't mean that you (or anyone else) should do it!

August 25, 2011, 08:03:02 PM
Reply #441

Macca77

That's fair enough, on your personal point, but by claiming that a toddler could have scored it or that it's jammy, it comes across as more than frustration.

And just because it happens at other clubs, or even with other EFC supporters, doesn't mean that you (or anyone else) should do it!

It is frustration, the lad has potential, he was great when he first broke into the team, like a rough diamond, used to get right in defenders faces, especially in our games in Europe, they had no idea how to handle him, he needs to get back that. Ok I'll admit that my "jammy" comment was silly, but some of the comments about if being a quality finish are way over the top, ive watched it quite a few times now and its just a simple tap in, but like others have said, at least he was in the right place at the right time, who knows it might be just what he needed to build on. I really hope so. People are always going to have different opinions and argue about certain players etc.. thats what makes the game great.