December 16, 2017, 03:30:27 AM

Author Topic: Joe Royle has left...  (Read 2112 times)

December 06, 2017, 09:16:40 PM
Reply #30

The Analog Kid

Joe Royle once said I looked like Alan Hansen whilst we were in the toilet.

I had you down as an Andrew Lincoln lookalike from the pics you’ve posted on ere. 🤔

deCoubertin

December 06, 2017, 09:38:24 PM
Reply #31

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
im just being finicky. I just want all the 'good guy/family' bollocks out of the club and for winners to be put in.

Those two things should not be incompatible.

I think people have just become accustomed to the Mourinho/Ferguson way of doing things as that's what we've known in recent years.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:42:02 PM by blueToffee »

December 06, 2017, 10:51:33 PM
Reply #32

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
From a lad who has got a lot right

Eh? Care to explain  ???

December 06, 2017, 11:08:40 PM
Reply #33

Ridge

Understandable, Royle's role was probably becoming marginalised and his role confusing in regard to remit and authority.

We've got Allardyce, Lee, Shakespeare and Walsh, so we've spread responsibility around. It's not a technique associated with success, and neither is the personnel.

BK is not calling the shots anymore and Unsworth was probably hampered by Royle's involvement. So there comes a time, when you realise you've not got a lot to contribute and club is heading in a different direction.

December 06, 2017, 11:10:13 PM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Eh? Care to explain  ???
The lad who told the story got a lot right

Simply simply lovely

December 06, 2017, 11:26:40 PM
Reply #35

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Like the lad said, probably bullshit, like I said, no probably in it !

December 06, 2017, 11:36:06 PM
Reply #36

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Like the lad said, probably bullshit, like I said, no probably in it !
And like I'm saying to you it came from a lad who has got a lot right

Simply simply lovely

December 07, 2017, 12:15:03 AM
Reply #37

BlueForYou

All the best, Joe - thanks for the memories

The spine of 1970: West, Labone, Ball, Royle; aided and abetted - Kendall, Harvey

A Royle blue, indeed

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 07, 2017, 01:12:52 AM
Reply #38

bacon sarnie

Steve Heighway coming in?..

The Royle Heighway closed for good mate.

December 07, 2017, 01:16:40 AM
Reply #39

bacon sarnie

im just being finicky. I just want all the 'good guy/family' bollocks out of the club and for winners to be put in.

Joe Royle as a centre-forward was the best in the world in his day. Up there with Dixie & Latchford. Like Kendall was 16 years old on his debut. Wash thine mouth out with carbolic soap missus!

December 07, 2017, 01:19:51 AM
Reply #40

bacon sarnie

Joe Royle once said I looked like Alan Hansen whilst we were in the toilet.

Was he looking at your knob when he said it?

December 07, 2017, 01:55:41 AM
Reply #41

Ridge

I don't see a lot of reason to doubt the story, Koeman had a very difficult relationship with Walsh, and it's clear who won that fight. Allardyce appears to be a Walsh recruitment choice. Royle was there to help Unsworth, wouldn't be surprised if that included protection in club power struggles. Its big ego's fighting for their lucrative contracts and Walsh has won all the wars.

Anyone can see that recruitment has been a large part of the problem this season. It's not just a case of under performing stars needing a kick up the backside. There doesn't seem to have been a holistic approach, picking ingredients without any recipes in mind. We've sold/lost most valuable assets and our 7 biggest signings have been Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Keane, Pickford and Sigurdsson. It's not easy to pick out the success stories, performances or see profit.

December 07, 2017, 01:59:54 AM
Reply #42

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Shame he's an absolute class act but it's all in good terms which is nice

December 07, 2017, 02:29:15 AM
Reply #43

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see a lot of reason to doubt the story, Koeman had a very difficult relationship with Walsh, and it's clear who won that fight. Allardyce appears to be a Walsh recruitment choice. Royle was there to help Unsworth, wouldn't be surprised if that included protection in club power struggles. Its big ego's fighting for their lucrative contracts and Walsh has won all the wars.

Anyone can see that recruitment has been a large part of the problem this season. It's not just a case of under performing stars needing a kick up the backside. There doesn't seem to have been a holistic approach, picking ingredients without any recipes in mind. We've sold/lost most valuable assets and our 7 biggest signings have been Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Keane, Pickford and Sigurdsson. It's not easy to pick out the success stories, performances or see profit.

Obviously didn't intend to like that, what a load of bollocks speculation borne out of one posters saying "he had heard" heard from who ? The kid down the offie ? Is it so inconceivable that at 67 he simply decided to play a bit more golf ? Nah, not sensationalist enough is it ! "Don't see a lot of reason to doubt the story " Really ? How can anyone with a modicum of intelligence possibly see any reason to believe such a random post ?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:32:29 AM by Escla »

December 07, 2017, 02:38:12 AM
Reply #44

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Slight change of tack but wasn't Harry Catterick assaulted at Blackpool's ground in 1966 when he played Royle instead of Alex Young and we lost? It might have been his debut as a 16yr old.
Last defeat before we went on an unbeaten run and  reached Wembley I think - which does make you wonder about alternative strategies for dealing with underperforming managers who pick the wrong players.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.