May 25, 2017, 09:12:28 PM

Author Topic: Moyes at Sunderland  (Read 10159 times)

August 08, 2016, 02:30:18 PM
Reply #60

MmmBlueToffee

I really hope rodwell can get his career back on track. I used to love him as a player for us but I'd still like him to make it.

Maybe he's finally grown some bollocks.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 19, 2016, 11:19:03 PM
Reply #61

maccanacca

NSNO Subscriber
seems the natives are restless already!

http://www.moyesout.com/
Stand up, if you love the Blues!

October 20, 2016, 05:10:26 AM
Reply #62

Simon Paul

Administrator

He didn't and wouldn't sign any of those players

Was linked to McGeady for about a decade

October 20, 2016, 05:14:29 AM
Reply #63

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Tight arse Sunderland fans won't even chip in for a plane hey...
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 20, 2016, 05:26:25 AM
Reply #64

Major Clanger

Tight arse Sunderland fans won't even chip in for a plane hey...

It would buy them a win too.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 20, 2016, 02:05:02 PM
Reply #65

74Blue

seems the natives are restless already!

http://www.moyesout.com/
The point that they seem to be missing is that a huge part of their current plight is down to chopping and changing managers every five minutes for the past god knows how many years. Like Villa, they have made some poor managerial appointments over the past few years and have given most of these poor appointments money to waste.
Allardyce had started to turn them around a little, but he is a firefighter, not a manager who you appoint to win stuff. He has his own style of management, which is essentially playing to your strengths and being a difficult team to play against. Moyes is similar in that respect. However, he needs more than a handful of games to get it working for them. He has inherited a squad littered with shite. When your only real goal threat is an over the hill Jermaine Defoe, you are always going to struggle. Don't get me wrong, he's been a very good striker, but he's reached that point in his career now where he shouldn't be a guaranteed starter anymore.

October 21, 2016, 01:14:06 AM
Reply #66

Gash

Global Moderator
It's pretty typical of Sunderland fans, there club's had a scatter gun approach to managers and players for years now and it's got them nowhere and yet they still want to get rid of the manager.

Looking back over the last few years, even going on his recent history Moyes is the best manager they've had for a while, his problem is he's not suited to a chairman who hires and fires like most people change their underpants. Allardyce, Advocaat, Poyet, Di Canio, O'Neill, Bruce, Sbragia, Keane, Quinn, McCarthy plus caretakers reads like a who's who of has been's/never have been/never likely to be good managers. I was never his biggest supporter but he's far better than anyone they've had in the last, well, forever. Not that that says a lot, it's more a reflection on what a shit club they are in general and pretty much always have been. If it wasn't for a a rich backer they'd be lucky to be in League One getting 5000 at games.

October 23, 2016, 07:33:23 AM
Reply #67

Shogun

Administrator
Still going for the old 'take off a forward and bring on a defender' sub only to concede anyway I see.

Sunderland fans want rid and Allardyce back.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 23, 2016, 06:22:31 PM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
To think people wanted him back at us.

The man hasn't adjusted to the game and is slowly getting left behind.

He had it made here.

Having said that. I do think Sunderland should stick with him and take the hit of relegation and start to rebuild from there.

October 23, 2016, 08:23:46 PM
Reply #69

Alanvideo

I suppose you could say ,being at Sunderland ,he's halfway to Scotland.
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 24, 2016, 08:48:10 AM
Reply #70

oztoffee

I watched the game at the weekend. What a sorry bunch they were....no cohesion, a distinct lack of commitment and a half-arsed attitude. They are a team with a relegation mindset, they seem to be expecting to go down every year and play to their expectations. I feel sorry for the supporters, they turn up every game in their thousands and they deserve better.
There but for the grace of God......
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

October 27, 2016, 10:35:00 PM
Reply #71

bacon sarnie

'David Moyes, the Sunderland manager, felt his side should have been awarded a “stonewall penalty” for a challenge on Victor Anichebe late on, and his foul language aimed at the fourth official James Adcock in protest saw him sent to the stands.

“At the moment our luck’s out but it’ll change and the performances will lead to goals and results, I have no doubt about that,” Moyes said. “I think the last couple of performances have merited something. But their goal was a top-class goal, it costs a few bob to score those.”' Guardian

Gallows humour til the end.

October 28, 2016, 04:22:13 PM
Reply #72

Macca77

He's pretty close to beating Sunderland's worst ever start to a Premier League season record

October 28, 2016, 09:14:51 PM
Reply #73

Alanvideo

Big Sam is under consideration to take over at Wolves - which might alert Sunderland to save further embarrassment to Moyes ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 29, 2016, 08:50:39 PM
Reply #74

bacon sarnie

He's pretty close to beating Sunderland's worst ever start to a Premier League season record

...and he's done it. Rodwell on a streak as well.