December 16, 2017, 07:10:47 PM

Author Topic: England Team Thread (Yes I'm Not Keen On The National Team Either)  (Read 13341 times)

September 08, 2016, 12:35:38 AM
Reply #15

Haile GAZrselassie

I think one of our clubs actually won a qualifying round this year. Average attendances are 2500, but that's a very generous estimate, the real figure is probably less than 2000. But at least you're forced to register if you want to attend a game. Not on the day of course, that'd be unthinkable. Plan ahead if you want to partake in the privilege of attending a domestic match. :)

Aren't all domestic league games free to attend as well?? Or am I thinking of Bulgaria??

I remember hearing that somewhere years ago???
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 08, 2016, 02:39:22 AM
Reply #16

ally2

I don't mind watching England these days. It's kind of fun cheering on the other team.

September 08, 2016, 04:15:03 AM
Reply #17

Haile GAZrselassie

I don't mind watching England these days. It's kind of fun cheering on the other team.

Do you watch the game with a lovely pair of beige chinos and a crisp white linen shirt on and some aviator shades on??

Brown suede boots and an ethnic bracelt on that you got on a recent trip to Guatemala!!

Because you are absolutely cool as fuck!!

September 08, 2016, 04:20:10 AM
Reply #18

Major Clanger

Aren't all domestic league games free to attend as well?? Or am I thinking of Bulgaria??

I remember hearing that somewhere years ago???

No, they have the cheek to ask money for it as well. They should be paying to fans for that fucking dross, just ask @Ridge. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 08, 2016, 04:50:38 AM
Reply #19

Haile GAZrselassie

No, they have the cheek to ask money for it as well. They should be paying to fans for that fucking dross, just ask @Ridge. :)

That would explain the league 2 type level of attendances then!!

Hungarian football seems to have made a miraculous balls up of the UEFA attempts to get teams from national leagues with lower co-efficients into European competitions.

That in itself is a wonderful achievement!!😆

September 08, 2016, 04:53:36 AM
Reply #20

Major Clanger

That would explain the league 2 type level of attendances then!!

Hungarian football seems to have made a miraculous balls up of the UEFA attempts to get teams from national leagues with lower co-efficients into European competitions.

That in itself is a wonderful achievement!!😆

We've gone full commie now, all the teams have a politician as their "patron", and the amount of money clubs get (from the taxpayer) fully depends on the standing of their patron in the government.

The only thing that hasn't returned to the 1950s is the quality.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 08, 2016, 04:16:50 PM
Reply #21

ally2

Do you watch the game with a lovely pair of beige chinos and a crisp white linen shirt on and some aviator shades on??

Brown suede boots and an ethnic bracelt on that you got on a recent trip to Guatemala!!

Because you are absolutely cool as fuck!!

Oh I see. Two decent England games in 30 years does that to you. I thought it would all change once we got rid of the so-called superstars, and maybe a manager cut from a different cloth, but after a while it's easy to become numb to it all.

September 09, 2016, 03:21:32 AM
Reply #22

Haile GAZrselassie

Oh I see. Two decent England games in 30 years does that to you. I thought it would all change once we got rid of the so-called superstars, and maybe a manager cut from a different cloth, but after a while it's easy to become numb to it all.

I couldn't blame anyone for being completely unmoved by England just now.

What I do find sad is someone who actively supports their national teams opponents.

September 09, 2016, 05:01:34 AM
Reply #23

ally2

What I do find sad is someone who actively supports their national teams opponents.

It was a slight exaggeration I admit. But I feel nothing when we get beaten or exit a tournament. I gave up hoping so long ago. My feelings when we lost to Iceland were a mixture of disbelief and amusement.

September 09, 2016, 05:52:51 PM
Reply #24

Ridge

I really enjoyed it , but it did feel like I could have been given a run out.  :snigger:

Kispest!  :woohoo:

September 09, 2016, 06:12:51 PM
Reply #25

Bluedylan

Why? Have you never preferred a non-British player or team in any sport over the English/British player or team?

It has nothing to do with hipsterism or whatever you appear to be attributing it to. Well, maybe it does for some, I can't speak for other people.

But sometimes the 'foreign' opposition are just so clearly better, more skillful, more driven or whatever it is, that you just prefer them and don't really care about nationalism.

For example, in tennis, there's no way on earth I would want Tim Henman to beat Federer or Del Potro or Murray, even though I'm English. That has fuck all to do with hipsterism. I love tennis, and those players are much, much better to watch, have a much bigger range of ability and arguably have much higher intensity.

I find it sad that people are so attached to jingoistic nationalism, over loving the actual sport they are following.

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 09, 2016, 06:55:21 PM
Reply #26

Haile GAZrselassie

Why? Have you never preferred a non-British player or team in any sport over the English/British player or team?

It has nothing to do with hipsterism or whatever you appear to be attributing it to. Well, maybe it does for some, I can't speak for other people.

But sometimes the 'foreign' opposition are just so clearly better, more skillful, more driven or whatever it is, that you just prefer them and don't really care about nationalism.

For example, in tennis, there's no way on earth I would want Tim Henman to beat Federer or Del Potro or Murray, even though I'm English. That has fuck all to do with hipsterism. I love tennis, and those players are much, much better to watch, have a much bigger range of ability and arguably have much higher intensity.

I find it sad that people are so attached to jingoistic nationalism, over loving the actual sport they are following.

To be honest, no I've not. I have a chuckle to myself when United or Liverpool get beat in Europe but that's more to do with the majority of my mates being one or the other.

Each to their own and that I guess. Hipster.

September 09, 2016, 07:04:27 PM
Reply #27

Bluedylan

To be honest, no I've not. I have a chuckle to myself when United or Liverpool get beat in Europe but that's more to do with the majority of my mates being one or the other.

Each to their own and that I guess. Hipster.

Yeah, each to their own, Little Englander ;)
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 27, 2016, 04:16:55 AM
Reply #28

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Sam might have only managed a couple of games before he's getting sacked 😳.

Some damning articles doing the rounds about him.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 27, 2016, 04:20:21 AM
Reply #29

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Just reading some of this now.  It's pretty serious shit and I'm struggling to see how he can keep the job if it's true.