July 21, 2017, 01:40:08 PM

Author Topic: Sin bins  (Read 952 times)

May 03, 2017, 10:34:00 PM
Read 952 times

Bally

Administrator
Sin bins are to be trialled at step 7 next season http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39790484
What do you think?
It's the roll I way

May 03, 2017, 10:35:29 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

Good.

I would extend it to cover diving and tactical fouls too.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 03, 2017, 10:39:33 PM
Reply #2

Ross

Not for me, just another rule change for the sake of it.

The rules are perfectly adequate as they are they just need better enforcement from referees and linesman.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 03, 2017, 10:49:34 PM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

Not for me, just another rule change for the sake of it.

The rules are perfectly adequate as they are they just need better enforcement from referees and linesman.

No, they are not.

There is no real punishment for diving, dissent, time wasting and tactical fouls.

May 03, 2017, 10:55:41 PM
Reply #4

Ross

No, they are not.

There is no real punishment for diving, dissent, time wasting and tactical fouls.

Of course there is the referees don't use them.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 03, 2017, 11:09:40 PM
Reply #5

Mac934

Video ref and proper punishment from refs and FA post matches. Fines won't work, bans and even points deductions for worst or persistent offenders. Won't happen like.

May 03, 2017, 11:21:57 PM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I like the fact that a team suffers during a game for mis-conduct. And not 1-2 games alter for another team. Especially yellows. Persistent fouling for example should get a 10min sin bin. If the team has 4 yellows, should be down to 10 men for 10 min. That sort of thing.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 03, 2017, 11:35:41 PM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

Of course there is the referees don't use them.

There isn't. They're all only bookable offences, and a booking means fuck all.

May 04, 2017, 01:00:11 AM
Reply #8

cantoffee

It seems like a decent idea.

My concern is that it's just another thing that can influence a game in favour of a big team. It would seem pretty easy to give a yellow for dissent with the crowd baying for one at Old Trafford in the 85th minute.

May 04, 2017, 01:46:28 AM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 04, 2017, 02:04:39 AM
Reply #10

Major Clanger

My concern is that it's just another thing that can influence a game in favour of a big team. It would seem pretty easy to give a yellow for dissent with the crowd baying for one at Old Trafford in the 85th minute.

My dream is that one day the referee's microphone signal would be broadcast too. That would put an end to any such attempts.

May 04, 2017, 02:36:30 AM
Reply #11

Robioto

This was my first thought.

May 04, 2017, 03:06:57 AM
Reply #12

velimski

There isn't. They're all only bookable offences, and a booking means fuck all.

Unless you've already been booked of course.

May 04, 2017, 03:16:34 AM
Reply #13

Major Clanger

True. But how many times has anyone been sent off for any of those offences as a second booking?

Actually you're right though, as this problem is amplified by the sin bin: it would be much better to waste time once you've already been booked, as refs will be just as reluctant to show the second yellow as they are now. This needs to be balanced out somehow.

May 04, 2017, 04:45:21 AM
Reply #14

Ross

Clearly a warnings lost on some people.