Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 168461 times)

November 04, 2017, 04:40:49 AM
Reply #960

Trowel

She's connected, but yeah a confusing claim.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 04, 2017, 04:46:57 AM
Reply #961

Macca77

Bollocks

November 04, 2017, 04:53:00 AM
Reply #962

Macca77

Burnley are away at Southampton tomorrow, so if we see footage of Dyche lashing his packet of fishermans friends into the fans at the end then its a go'er

November 04, 2017, 04:56:49 AM
Reply #963

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
She's connected, but yeah a confusing claim.

Is she the one who said before we appointed Koeman that the North West clubs were going to have the four best managers in the Prem?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 04, 2017, 05:41:51 AM
Reply #964

sam of the south

Oh God.

@kramer0 please tell me some encouraging and incredibly detailed stuff translated for the layman regarding Sean Dyche's tactical preferences and management style  :-\
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 04, 2017, 06:20:32 AM
Reply #965

ally2

I'm not a Dyche fan but at least with Dyche there's a crumb of possible comfort in that his career is possibly still on the rise.

I do think this squad needs a tough manager though who's going to kick arse and run long tactical sessions until we start to perform.

I want to see energy but I want to see it with some brains too. Then the fear must be dissolved.

November 04, 2017, 06:44:51 AM
Reply #966

Mayor Farnum

November 04, 2017, 07:11:06 AM
Reply #967

GrantyBoy78

Dyche was the most likely candidate all along. A pragmatist with potential. We probably sniffed around more exotic names but canít imagine we got much encouragement. Good managers are usually at good clubs...erm...doing good.

Iíll get behind him. We call ourselves the school of science but Goodison is at its best when weíre playing at a high tempo and kicking 7 shades of shit out of the opposition. Dyche could be our man.

November 04, 2017, 07:55:52 AM
Reply #968

Cereal Killer

Apart from the abject shite Allardyce usually spouts, he also came out with the corker that he'd pick an experienced player in shit form every day of the week over a youngster that has massive potential because it wouldn't be worth the gamble on affecting his job prospects....   :wanker:

November 04, 2017, 08:59:27 AM
Reply #969

kramer0

Oh God.

@kramer0 please tell me some encouraging and incredibly detailed stuff translated for the layman regarding Sean Dyche's tactical preferences and management style  :-\

This chain of tweets is fun:

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/915903461077766144

Then there's this about Burnley's defensive style:

https://statsbomb.com/2017/02/burnley-doing-it-differently/

Here's something about his tactics:

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/04/23/tactical-philosophy-sean-dyche/

And he has a really nice watch:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4071652/Sean-Dyche-Premier-League-clocks-45-000-watch-Bob-Bradley-ran-time-Swansea-week-donning-40-timepiece.html

Personal opinion: He's sound defensively but I worry about how his attacking style will translate to a club with elevated expectations. Burnley do not create many good chances and creating lots of good chances is necessary for any ambitious club. For example, Simeone, who's built his reputation on defensive rigidity and being miserable to play against, has consistently found ways for his teams to create (this is an underrated talent of his). Burnley have only two goals more than our worthless attack right now and, based on chance quality, one would expect them to have scored less (scary but true). A jump in player quality should help some but how much is a big question mark. I also wonder about his record with young players. He's clearly done great things for Trippier, Keane, Mee, Ings, Vokes, and Gray but it remains to be seen if he has the ability to get players from the U23 level to the first team. And that matters because, in my opinion, any candidate who isn't interested in our U23s can get fucked.

At the very least, hiring Dyche would torpedo Burnley's season, which would certainly ease some of our relegation fears. He is the show there.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:18:36 AM by kramer0 »

November 04, 2017, 06:52:48 PM
Reply #970

Tofifee

Honestly, for me, Moyes back all day long

No that I want him back, I dont
But if it was a man who gets the club, who has been and to be fair, done it, versus The King in the North, or the media darling self apoointed "English Wenger".......I know who I would want

Welcome back Moysie lad!

November 04, 2017, 06:57:10 PM
Reply #971

BlueBeagle

November 04, 2017, 07:02:50 PM
Reply #972

KoemansNumberTens

How could anyone argue for Moyes. He's got 3 big failures in a row. Least the other 2 have recent successes.

November 04, 2017, 07:03:22 PM
Reply #973

sirblue57

oh, this gonna be goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooood...

<gets popcorn and comfy seat>  :smug: lolol
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 04, 2017, 07:03:38 PM
Reply #974

Simon Paul

Administrator
have all other football managers in the world been culled?

why do we only have a choice of those three?