Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 92688 times)

November 05, 2017, 02:29:15 PM
Reply #1095

KoemansNumberTens

Rewriting history a bit now, aren't we? Before the season started everyone was reasonably happy, the discontent only started when the transfer window closed without getting a striker in and we started losing games.

I think anyone with any sense was utterly amazed we hadn't signed a striker, utterly amazed we only had 1 left back, utterly amazed we hadn't bothered with a quality winger, found the Sigurdsson deal ridiculous. Regardless of the time frame though koeman completely fucked the job up. More patience??surely sometimes someone is just shit at their job and more time doesn't really fix that
Would you like us still to be managed by Martinez or koeman?

November 05, 2017, 02:43:55 PM
Reply #1096

ajax_andy

I'd be surprised and disappointed if we didn't at least approach Marco Silva.

I've seen people on here say he wouldn't leave as he's only been in the job a few months, but there's no loyalty toward their managers at Watford, he'll know he's likely to only be there 1-2 seasons before he gets the bullet anyway.  I think it wouldn't be hard to convince him to come here if he agreed to speak to us.

Out of all the managers linked he seems the best option, he knows the league, he's done well in it so far, the potential rewards of having in charge are higher than any of the others mentioned

November 05, 2017, 03:07:49 PM
Reply #1097

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
So a total of 8 votes on the papers favourites....  are the board not on the same wavelength as the supporters or are the papers full of shit...  https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/11/blogs/premier-league/everton/allardyce-was-at-everton-training-ground-sutton/

November 05, 2017, 03:20:28 PM
Reply #1098

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
So a total of 8 votes on the papers favourites....  are the board not on the same wavelength as the supporters or are the papers full of shit...  https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/11/blogs/premier-league/everton/allardyce-was-at-everton-training-ground-sutton/

Chris Sutton knows fuck all.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 05, 2017, 03:27:59 PM
Reply #1099

Ramjam

Chris Sutton knows fuck all.

Sounds like he knows someone who does though
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 05, 2017, 03:34:10 PM
Reply #1100

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like he knows someone who does though

Anyone can say stuff like that though can't they? Especially if they are trying to stay relevant. And he's used the old 'a good source has told me.'
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 05, 2017, 03:44:57 PM
Reply #1101

Juanito

Big Sam is favourite now. What has happened to us? We finished 7th last season, the promise to spend millions and we end up in the relegation zone and gonna get Sam Allardyce to get us out.

I think we have too many flair players for an Allardyce or Dyche. I still think Coleman and Bolasie will help us out of this. I would rather we go for managers like Silva, Tuchel or even Brendan Rodgers.

November 05, 2017, 03:55:26 PM
Reply #1102

everton1952

Too many flair players? Kindly elaborate.

November 05, 2017, 04:17:30 PM
Reply #1103

Ramjam

Big Sam is favourite now. What has happened to us? We finished 7th last season, the promise to spend millions and we end up in the relegation zone and gonna get Sam Allardyce to get us out.

I think we have too many flair players for an Allardyce or Dyche. I still think Coleman and Bolasie will help us out of this. I would rather we go for managers like Silva, Tuchel or even Brendan Rodgers.

Absolutely this, the players to come back will be like new signings which will give the team a real boost so letís get in a manager who will improve with the squad not a seasoned relegation battler
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 05, 2017, 04:18:18 PM
Reply #1104

KoemansNumberTens

To be fair to dyche he wasn't even on the original poll

November 05, 2017, 04:45:51 PM
Reply #1105

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair to dyche he wasn't even on the original poll

Which may say something...

;)

November 05, 2017, 04:55:14 PM
Reply #1106

ally2

Yeah yesterday lunchtime on radio 5 live, one of their reporters was talking to mark Chapman during the build up to the lunchtime game and said it was his understanding that Allardyce was in talks with us. Sounded like it was in the final stages. Also I think he was coy on match of the day. I reckon it's him. Got to get behind whoever it is I suppose.

November 05, 2017, 05:12:14 PM
Reply #1107

blue slug

We have fuck all flair players, we create zero chances most games

November 05, 2017, 05:25:50 PM
Reply #1108

Bluedylan

We have fuck all flair players, we create zero chances most games

We do have creative, technical players but the team needs to have balance and they need to have runners around them to unlock the creativity.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 05, 2017, 05:36:04 PM
Reply #1109

Trowel

Which manager said the following:

'I look at effective football. What is effective to win? Howard Wilkinson once told me: "Win, survive and then build".

'He is spot on. People try to build a philosophy but if you do that then make sure you win first. I see my job as playing a style that suits the players I have got.

'That's key. I can't impose any old system on the players because what happens if they can't deliver it?

'If you want to play Barcelona football, get Barcelona players. Don't try it without them.

'I will show you a hundred horror stories of people that said they were going to play Barcelona football. They were out of work within three, six, nine months.

'I look at it simply. Look at the players you have got, don't dream of the ones you haven't. Give them the best chance to operate. It's about them by the way, not me.

Answer:
Spoiler: show
Sean Dyche
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news