Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 159089 times)

November 24, 2017, 04:38:24 AM
Reply #2235

Lxxx

I wouldn't be averse to an Allardyce now you know. I feel dirty even saying it let alone thinking it but this lot need a big personality to get them going again as well as organised at the back and I'm not sure Silva is that man. 

November 24, 2017, 04:40:31 AM
Reply #2236

Shogun

Administrator
Proper hate the panic ridden short term thinking.

Hire Allardyce and you sack off the next 3 years.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 24, 2017, 04:42:24 AM
Reply #2237

Ridge

Think best we could hope for, is probably someone like Van Gaal, Hiddink or Ancelotti being paid through the arse for a couple of seasons.

Suspect we'll probably get a foreign manager for a couple of months, then end up with Pulis in a few months.

November 24, 2017, 04:45:15 AM
Reply #2238

Lxxx

Not if you don't give him a 3 year contract. He wants the job and if West Brom aren't going to top up his pension then he'd take an 18 month deal here if it was on the table. Wouldn't have to move house and he'd back himself to get us out of it.

November 24, 2017, 04:50:34 AM
Reply #2239

Cozzie

He wont get a 3 year deal.

November 24, 2017, 04:50:35 AM
Reply #2240

Shogun

Administrator
Not if you don't give him a 3 year contract. He wants the job and if West Brom aren't going to top up his pension then he'd take an 18 month deal here if it was on the table. Wouldn't have to move house and he'd back himself to get us out of it.

18 months is 12 months too long even if he did take that.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 24, 2017, 04:51:59 AM
Reply #2241

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sam will take us down.

The club is too big for him. He'll be massively out of his depth here.

November 24, 2017, 04:52:26 AM
Reply #2242

Lxxx

18 months is 12 months too long even if he did take that.

True but it's the minimum of what we'd have to offer to get him in and a defeat at weekend might swing it.

November 24, 2017, 05:04:29 AM
Reply #2243

Redartin

Big Sam would get us some tasty players in January, players like Sanchez.

I mean Hugo Sanchez the ex Mexican forward and a load of other has beens that we'd be lumbered with.

November 24, 2017, 05:04:47 AM
Reply #2244

kramer0

More money than sense. We are embarrassing.

November 24, 2017, 05:07:05 AM
Reply #2245

Coyney83

The only viable option looks to be a short term one and so your choice is limited to the old, expensive lads, including Allardyce, Hiddink, van Gaal. Not convinced Anchelotti would consider us.

The reality is we haven't gone beyond the point of salvation and many managers know that. Some people on here are losing their shit and I can fully understand why but the fact remains we are a handful of points off the top 8, have a squad that whilst imbalanced is playing well below the standard the those players can play to (Martina aside); we have money available to invest without having to sell and ambition to go with it.

Whilst we are in a brutal run of form with confidence at its lowest, we are still a very appealing "project" to a lot of quality managers/coaches who also know we will pay them very well for the privilege. We need a quick fix in asap to galvanise the team, some impact signings from Walsh in Jan (I'm still prepared to give him time providing we give him autonomy too; only then will we know if his players are good enough) and then reassess candidates next summer when your chances of getting the one you want are vastly improved.

One of those candidates for me (and I'm fully prepared to get a hammering for this) would Brendan Rodgers.

November 24, 2017, 05:13:34 AM
Reply #2246

Ramjam

It has to be Dyche for me now, give him a two and a half year deal with incentives of an extension based on results, hed have Coleman, Bolassie and Barkley to bring back into the team before Xmas then money to spend in the January window. He would know how to get the best out of Keane and steady the titanic before we hit that iceberg. Its now or never.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 24, 2017, 06:54:30 AM
Reply #2247

Bluedylan

Down within the next three years lads.

They'll fuck this up, Moshiri will eventually pull his money, the fans will dessert the club and we'll finally succumb to relegation.

As bad as it's ever been this and I get the feeling it's only the start.

Was much, much worse than this under Mike Walker and Walter Smith. You seem to have lost your head a bit.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 24, 2017, 07:03:13 AM
Reply #2248

bluenuck

Sam will take us down.

The club is too big for him. He'll be massively out of his depth here.

What does this even mean?

Honestly we need to throw this thinking out the window right now. We're in massive trouble and it doesn't matter how big we are. As of right this second.

If anything we need to start acting like a club our size acts. Buying smartly, hiring smart progressive managers/coaches and back room staff. And expecting to have ups and downs. Look at Sevilla and Monaco for a reference.

Or are you joking? Lol
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:30:12 AM by bluenuck »

November 24, 2017, 08:53:54 AM
Reply #2249

Ridge

What does this even mean?

Honestly we need to throw this thinking out the window right now. We're in massive trouble and it doesn't matter how big we are. As of right this second.

If anything we need to start acting like a club our size acts. Buying smartly, hiring smart progressive managers/coaches and back room staff. And expecting to have ups and downs. Look at Sevilla and Monaco for a reference.

Or are you joking? Lol

I think the point is that some managers will not be welcomed and then you end up with resistance and problems from an early stage. If fans don't support a manager, you're unlikely to get anywhere.

Allardyce only lasted 6 months at Newcastle, I also see similar problems with him coming here.