July 18, 2018, 06:01:47 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 44149 times)

November 18, 2017, 11:28:17 PM
Reply #540

ally2

I'm not surprised at all, he has been completely undermined by the board throughout the passing weeks.

Diddums

November 18, 2017, 11:39:31 PM
Reply #541

Bluedylan

Our defence is so slow and leggy that it'd be suicidal to push up. So then we have to defend deeper, which results in us losing the battle for possession and territory. Then we don't have a playmaking midfielder who can run things in the middle, so the midfield ends up being a bit chaotic and backs to the wall.

And then we don't have speed merchants like Zaha to be really good on the break.

The more I look at it, the more I wonder how you can set this group of players up to play effectively for a run of games.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 18, 2017, 11:41:38 PM
Reply #542

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A good transfer window will help solve a great deal of problems. Hope we can get one.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

November 18, 2017, 11:43:09 PM
Reply #543

Major Clanger

Diddums

I don't think you get it but never mind.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 18, 2017, 11:44:14 PM
Reply #544

boothill

Lost 1 won 1 drew 1, the game we lost was away from home against recent champions, beat a team above us at home, got a draw away against fellow strugglers. Things are improving, weve scored 5 goals in 3 games, before it was 7 in 9. I dont know if he's the 1 to take us forward, i really want him to be. But for people to say we havnt improved is simply not fair, pre unsworth we would have been bulldozed off the pitches, and quite probably without so much as a goal, never mind a point

November 19, 2017, 12:01:09 AM
Reply #545

bluenuck

Our defence is so slow and leggy that it'd be suicidal to push up. So then we have to defend deeper, which results in us losing the battle for possession and territory. Then we don't have a playmaking midfielder who can run things in the middle, so the midfield ends up being a bit chaotic and backs to the wall.

And then we don't have speed merchants like Zaha to be really good on the break.

The more I look at it, the more I wonder how you can set this group of players up to play effectively for a run of games.

Easy to plan, coach, and play against.

Our mid field is actually our best asset, but it's being made look ridiculous right now because of poor quality behind it and in front of it. They really have nothing to pass to and no help behind them. Playing mid field for us right now would be a lonely feeling.

November 19, 2017, 12:57:16 AM
Reply #546

Ridge

The thing I find quite strange, is that we've not actually lost or sold any of the defenders we had last season. Koeman persisted with Keane right up until he was sacked. Unsworth came in and put Jags and Williams together in the cup games, but both league games he's played Keane as well.

I really thought that would be the most obvious thing that needed changing. Even if only to settle defence, just bring in the players we had last year, and keep Keane on the bench, or build a relationship out the side.

Maybe both Koeman and Unsworth think its more a confidence issue than a pace thing and it could be. But when this was a problem early in season, I couldn't imagine I'd still be seeing the same problems now, with the same personnel, especially when last season this was not a major issue.

We're getting goals and we've got 4 points from last 2 games, but defensively we're still a sitting duck and the only thing we've changed this season, we still haven't changed back.

November 19, 2017, 01:10:49 AM
Reply #547

Waltzer

The thing I find quite strange, is that we've not actually lost or sold any of the defenders we had last season. Koeman persisted with Keane right up until he was sacked. Unsworth came in and put Jags and Williams together in the cup games, but both league games he's played Keane as well.

I really thought that would be the most obvious thing that needed changing. Even if only to settle defence, just bring in the players we had last year, and keep Keane on the bench, or build a relationship out the side.

Maybe both Koeman and Unsworth think its more a confidence issue than a pace thing and it could be. But when this was a problem early in season, I couldn't imagine I'd still be seeing the same problems now, with the same personnel, especially when last season this was not a major issue.

We're getting goals and we've got 4 points from last 2 games, but defensively we're still a sitting duck and the only thing we've changed this season, we still haven't changed back.
You only said yesterday we look much more settled and better in defence?

November 19, 2017, 01:14:26 AM
Reply #548

Ridge

You only said yesterday we look much more settled and better in defence?

Without Keane we do.

November 19, 2017, 01:20:48 AM
Reply #549

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Think people underestimate how much we miss Coleman.

Plays a big part in keeping us organised. 

November 19, 2017, 01:26:52 AM
Reply #550

ally2

Think people underestimate how much we miss Coleman.

Plays a big part in keeping us organised.

For me it's a dysfunctional left hand side that more of a problem. Baines is a shadow of his former self. Also Coleman was starting to get stick before his injury. I don't think we can expect too much from him when he returns.

November 19, 2017, 01:50:31 AM
Reply #551

gizzblue

For me it's a dysfunctional left hand side that more of a problem. Baines is a shadow of his former self. Also Coleman was starting to get stick before his injury. I don't think we can expect too much from him when he returns.
Is someone missing Mirallas however veiled it may be ,that's how it sounds.😅

November 19, 2017, 03:12:52 AM
Reply #552

GrantyBoy78

You’ve changed your tune. Called this ages ago and you slaughtered me, said I was a miserable sod cos you still had designs on challenging the top 6.

But I forgive you.

November 19, 2017, 03:12:54 AM
Reply #553

ally2

Is someone missing Mirallas however veiled it may be ,that's how it sounds.

No. I'm not in the camp that wants to vilify him though. Find it a little absurd.

November 19, 2017, 03:14:36 AM
Reply #554

gizzblue

No. I'm not in the camp that wants to vilify him though. Find it a little absurd.
I like the guy ...present situation aside(as we really have no clue).