April 27, 2018, 10:08:12 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 19428 times)

November 17, 2017, 04:13:31 AM
Reply #330

sam of the south

Yeah that's what he is saying
He's been Bob on with teams in the past as has django on here

That would be really odd if Joe is picking the sides.

That would suggest that Bill doesn't trust Unsworth.

Surely Joe hardly has his finger on the pulse these days.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 17, 2017, 04:15:58 AM
Reply #331

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
That would be really odd if Joe is picking the sides.

That would suggest that Bill doesn't trust Unsworth.

Surely Joe hardly has his finger on the pulse these days.
Dunno how true it is pal. He's got teams right and a few other things right tho in the past

Id be surprised, shocked and disappointed if it is true tho

Simply simply lovely

November 17, 2017, 04:19:13 AM
Reply #332

sam of the south

Dunno how true it is pal. He's got teams right and a few other things right tho in the past

Id be surprised, shocked and disappointed if it is true tho

Oh sure, I don't doubt his credentials, Jimmy, I just, like you, really hope it ain't true
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 17, 2017, 04:20:37 AM
Reply #333

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
On tef there's a lad saying its not unsworth picking the sides
Weird

November 17, 2017, 04:26:16 AM
Reply #334

Gash

Global Moderator
Apparently, Klaassen has played as a false nine before.

It would be nice to see him again, in some central role. I'm seriously disappointed at how Unsworth has frozen out so many of our summer signings.

It was all nice and cosy when Unsworth took over to hear him say all the right things but it was also slightly concerning that he was talking about "the Everton way" and "what the fans want" or words to that effect. I think he's too close to the club if that makes sense and he's trying too hard to appeal to the fans. It's all very nice and romantic but the reality of modern football is you play each game as it comes and if that means playing boring football to get a result then that's what you need to do. I think he's fallen into the trap of telling the fans what they want to hear rather than doing what needs done.

Looking at his matchday squads it looks very much like he's playing safe and going with players he knows and a lot of the newer players are being frozen out. For a man who said he didn't know what was going on with the first team squad under Koeman as he was with the U23's he seems to have made a decision very quickly rather than wiping the slate clean and giving everyone a fair crack.

November 17, 2017, 04:33:10 AM
Reply #335

kramer0

It was all nice and cosy when Unsworth took over to hear him say all the right things but it was also slightly concerning that he was talking about "the Everton way" and "what the fans want" or words to that effect. I think he's too close to the club if that makes sense and he's trying too hard to appeal to the fans. It's all very nice and romantic but the reality of modern football is you play each game as it comes and if that means playing boring football to get a result then that's what you need to do. I think he's fallen into the trap of telling the fans what they want to hear rather than doing what needs done.

Looking at his matchday squads it looks very much like he's playing safe and going with players he knows and a lot of the newer players are being frozen out. For a man who said he didn't know what was going on with the first team squad under Koeman as he was with the U23's he seems to have made a decision very quickly rather than wiping the slate clean and giving everyone a fair crack.

Agreed. I'm especially disappointed because he always seemed so accommodating with the U23s. Look at what he did for Niasse when most of us were down on him. That made a huge difference to the player, as he indicated recently. The new players who haven't settled need that same treatment now. The evidence we have (matchday squads) suggests they aren't getting it.

Hopefully, things change in the coming weeks. I've been as critical of our business as anyone but we can't be writing off the new signings so soon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:36:28 AM by kramer0 »

November 17, 2017, 04:37:12 AM
Reply #336

ally2

I was resigned to Unsworth but not if he's just a puppet!  There's no-one left!

November 17, 2017, 05:13:19 AM
Reply #337

Jamokachi

Yeah, I am. 6 goals in 32 games is sensational :)

Seriously though, he's not that type of striker anyway.

I meant about the critique of the Sure session, it's a bit of a laugh, nothing more.

November 17, 2017, 05:15:57 AM
Reply #338

Evertonian in NC

I was resigned to Unsworth but not if he's just a puppet!  There's no-one left!

No puppet!  You're the puppet!! :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 17, 2017, 05:22:28 AM
Reply #339

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
On tef there's a lad saying its not unsworth picking the sides

Fucking hell la thatís a big claim
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 17, 2017, 06:01:00 AM
Reply #340

Ridge

We should operate a continual rotation policy, so every player gets a chance.

Play all the players who have struggled to settle, until they come into form, then sub them off for someone else.

November 17, 2017, 06:14:58 AM
Reply #341

Shogun

Administrator
Would Unsworth be being considered for the job if he wasn't picking the sides though?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 17, 2017, 06:16:35 AM
Reply #342

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Would Unsworth be being considered for the job if he wasn't picking the sides though?
Depends on who is recruiting
Moshiri or kenwright

Simply simply lovely

November 17, 2017, 06:19:31 AM
Reply #343

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
If be surprised if thay was true, I think he certainly helps him, more of a collaboration than Unsworth just taking orders though.

He obviously has a close relationship with Joe, can't remember what game it was, but Joe had to be ushered away by the fourth official as he was trying to pass on instructions to Unsworth. I'm not sure why he can't be part of his official staff like Ebbrell, it would save all the pissing about.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 17, 2017, 07:54:13 AM
Reply #344

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He shouldnít need joe mate, for goodness sake the man hasnít had a managerís job in decades. This guy is supposed to be a young up and coming coach surely he knows his onions enough to take it on himself?

Am I being daft here? Big Joe Royal shouldnít be picking the fuckin teams surely!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.