April 20, 2018, 04:32:30 AM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton - Sat 18th November - 3pm  (Read 15446 times)

November 18, 2017, 11:58:58 PM
Reply #645

boothill

According to merseyside baines and keane were still chatting to each other for their 1st goal and were not switche on at all

November 18, 2017, 11:59:22 PM
Reply #646

Lxxx

Keane can't be what he's not. He's not blessed with pace and alongside others without any pace either side he's going to be the one looked at to provide it due to his age but it's not him. Let's see what he's like next to a younger left back and centre half before writing him off. Although I do think he has been poor so far, like many others.

November 19, 2017, 12:01:14 AM
Reply #647

Lxxx

According to merseyside baines and keane were still chatting to each other for their 1st goal and were not switche on at all

Well you can see from the replay we weren't set at the back. It's only the first minute but still unprofessional.

November 19, 2017, 12:08:05 AM
Reply #648

Bluedylan

First goal is another example of Pickford being let down by his defence. Conceding a point blank chance in the box right at the start, he makes a good save and then nobody is alive to the rebound. Atrocious defensively.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 19, 2017, 12:09:31 AM
Reply #649

boothill

Well you can see from the replay we weren't set at the back. It's only the first minute but still unprofessional.
Very, if thats the case, surely you should be ready to tear a new arsehole out the opposition just as you cross the white line

November 19, 2017, 12:11:01 AM
Reply #650

blueski

Jagielka and Pickford are trying to rescue a situation that shouldn't have got as far as them. You can't always cut out every cross and sometimes you'll get caught out, but this is simple ones on regular basis. It's not all his fault, he's just not quick enough.

Back a couple of years and you'd be playing big lumps and he's in his element. But with quick players and movement, he's someone you have to carry or cover.
Pickford definitely had a play in getting a result though based on those saves he made down the stretch.

Would be nice to see him get a clean sheet though at some point
Nil Satis

November 19, 2017, 12:14:15 AM
Reply #651

KoemansNumberTens

Behave, loads of games left, we'll be there or thereabouts, Burnley will end up in the bottom half

You think we'll be close to 7th. There's absolutely no evidence of that when we play football. I think most won't accept we are in trouble unless we go adrift

November 19, 2017, 12:17:02 AM
Reply #652

Macca77

You think we'll be close to 7th. There's absolutely no evidence of that when we play football. I think most won't accept we are in trouble unless we go adrift

We'll finish 7th or 8th

November 19, 2017, 12:17:40 AM
Reply #653

blueski

Keane can't be what he's not. He's not blessed with pace and alongside others without any pace either side he's going to be the one looked at to provide it due to his age but it's not him. Let's see what he's like next to a younger left back and centre half before writing him off. Although I do think he has been poor so far, like many others.
honestly this is really on Koeman and Walsh. I don't know how you can think in the modern game you can get away with a lack of pace at the back. Unless Keane is being bought as a 3rd or 4th choice centre half, I can't see the sense of committing to a set up where our defence can't get forward.

really think a main priority in the window has to be solving that problem, nearly as important as a goal scorer

we haven't been this bereft of pace at the back for ages. Coleman, Stones, Funes Mori etc. Funes is a crazy defender at times but credit where its due he had all the pace required to make up for errors. Right now we have none.

Nil Satis

November 19, 2017, 12:23:31 AM
Reply #654

TheTone

November 19, 2017, 12:29:18 AM
Reply #655

Lxxx

honestly this is really on Koeman and Walsh. I don't know how you can think in the modern game you can get away with a lack of pace at the back. Unless Keane is being bought as a 3rd or 4th choice centre half, I can't see the sense of committing to a set up where our defence can't get forward.

really think a main priority in the window has to be solving that problem, nearly as important as a goal scorer

we haven't been this bereft of pace at the back for ages. Coleman, Stones, Funes Mori etc. Funes is a crazy defender at times but credit where its due he had all the pace required to make up for errors. Right now we have none.

I agree. The whole recruitment looked very slapdash and without much thought. Keane is an 18 yard box defender which is fine if that's your game plan but it shouldn't be ours. However let's see him with better, pacier defenders around him. John Terry for example wasn't blessed with great pace but he always played with good athletic players around him.

November 19, 2017, 12:31:03 AM
Reply #656

Macca77

November 19, 2017, 12:40:25 AM
Reply #657

KoemansNumberTens

We'll finish 7th or 8th

Without a serious upturn in performances (which there's currently no sign of) I think there's a fair chance we could go down.

Obviously when the window opens we might buy our way out or hopefully Bolasie, Coleman and barkley can make contributions but this team under this management. We'd be lucky to survive from the evidence we see on maychdays

November 19, 2017, 12:49:14 AM
Reply #658

Macca77

Without a serious upturn in performances (which there's currently no sign of) I think there's a fair chance we could go down.

Obviously when the window opens we might buy our way out or hopefully Bolasie, Coleman and barkley can make contributions but this team under this management. We'd be lucky to survive from the evidence we see on maychdays

Nah, we'll be fine, don't think we can win the league now though which is annoying

November 19, 2017, 01:02:09 AM
Reply #659

KoemansNumberTens

Nah, we'll be fine, don't think we can win the league now though which is annoying

I'd still take 4th